• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

People complaining about the sale must be looking for some old obscure stuff because nearly all the new releases are on sale. Shit I bought Battlefield 1 at retail because I had a 20% discount and now it's cheaper digitally which I would have vastly preferred. This is what I get for being conditioned into expecting shit digital sales.

This is what I think I'm gonna grab after grabbing a PSN card tomorrow at Gamestop.

Bound
PsychoPass
Hitman Season 1

Was looking at Xenoverse. Any opinions on the first one?

Miyahon

Bought Destiny Collection Upgrade to get Rise of Iron and a nice bonus of including the original Destiny game too so I don't have to use the disc anymore.

I tried booting up the game but it's asking for the disc. Do I need to delete the entire Destiny game and it's expansions in order to not use the disc? That will take awhile since it's a huge download...

Toki767

People complaining about the sale must be looking for some old obscure stuff because nearly all the new releases are on sale. Shit I bought Battlefield 1 at retail because I had a 20% discount and now it's cheaper digitally which I would have vastly preferred. This is what I get for being conditioned into expecting shit digital sales.
Indie and old games under $10 on sale: Some people complain

New AAA releases 50% off: Some people complain

This is legitimately a really good sale. But not everyone likes the same things.

Demoskinos

Heh, thats entirely the problem in my case. Pretty much every single thing I remotely wanted this year I bought at launch for full price. Would have felt like way less of a sucker paying $20 for No Man's Sky that's for sure.

Mesharey

Bought Destiny Collection Upgrade to get Rise of Iron and a nice bonus of including the original Destiny game too so I don't have to use the disc anymore.

I tried booting up the game but it's asking for the disc. Do I need to delete the entire Destiny game and it's expansions in order to not use the disc? That will take awhile since it's a huge download...
Yep.

farisr

Since the sale is going to last till 8am on the 29th. I'm just gonna hold off till then, not getting much.

Probably Battlefront and maybe the FFXV Season Pass.

I would get some PSVR games (using the code) but I'm sure by the time I get around to them, a sale giving more than 10% off would've happened already for the titles I'm interested in. Case in point, I got Destiny The Collection using a 20% off code earlier on. Haven't even booted it up yet and it's a couple of dollars cheaper already than what I paid for it at 20% off.

TheMan

I just bought xenoverse. It's telling me 14 hours to download...

Oh sony

Do you have the option of plugging your ps4 into your router? For some reason it hadnt occurred to me to do that until today...downloaded bf1- 40gigs- in less than 8 hrs. For psn, that's a fucking revelation.

taizuke

Is the season pass worth it for Naruto? Best Buy has the disc version for $15, but is the season pass worth that extra $6

I wouldn't recommend it, they are coming out with an expansion in feb and they might have a bundle then.

I just pre-ordered Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto - Feb. 3 2017

Comes with all released content including the Boruto DLC which is not included in the season pass. The Boruto DLC will set you back $20.

Guess it's still cheaper to take advantage of this sale and get the version with the season pass and buy the Boruto DLC separately than getting this new version ($49.99). But, if you have amazon prime it's $40 so it's the same thing. Comes down to if you want physical or digital i guess.

MikeyB

This is a fantastic sale. Between this EBGames and Amazon's Black Friday games, I can get all sorts of games I have wanted for months.

But, I just packed for a move and that involved packing my backlog and I realized that I cannot honestly buy new games with the expectation that I will actually play them.

I know that there seems to be a very vocal group who feel that this generation is a wash because of remasters, indies, the loss of middle tier, DLC or whatever, but I have to say that it really seems that this is a golden age for quality games. There is so much so readily available.

CLEEK

Can't make any purchases or add any funds...argh what crappy timing for this kind of issue to pop up. Not even PayPal is working any more.

Me too. Exact same deal. Nothing works. Tried to complete the purchase at checkout three time, got the same error each time.

I last made a purchase earlier this week, so it's a sudden thing.

Called support, and they said they could see a block on my account and I have to wait 24 hours then to try again.

I asked why there was a block on my account, and they said it's because I had several failed attempts to complete the transactions. Which would be some what understandable if they hadn't failed in the first place due to a block on my account!

It's clear that support either don't know what causes the blocks, can't do anything about them, or just DNGAF.

Sony support around payment issues has taken a massive nosedive. I used to have good experiences with support, but the handful of times I've contacted them this year has been awful and I received no help at all.

aaronwt

You use this and apply the code at checkout:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation...683828?hash=item360d701774:g:hqEAAOSwgmJXyqkq

Managed to get BF1 and TF2 for US$60, pretty happy with that. :)

Thanks for the link!!! I purchased it and an email showed up within a minute that had a link to a picture of the code.

I just purchased Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Ratchet and Clank, and the BF1 Season Premium pass for $115.97. I would have ordered a couple more titles(Like Battlefront and Overwatch) but apparently the PSN store won't let you checkout when you have more than $150 in your cart.(and it seemed to be based on the price before the discount. Maybe I could have added something later. Not sure and I didn't want to risk it)

That 20% off code made these sale prices so much better. Thanks again!!!

Now I can return the Titanfall2 and BF1 discs I ordered from BestBuy. And best of all I don't need to mess with any discs.

Me too. Exact same deal. Nothing works. Tried to complete the purchase at checkout three time, got the same error each time.

Called support, and they said they could see a block on my account and I have to wait 24 hours then to try again.

I asked why there was a block on my account, and they said it's because I had several failed attempts to complete the transactions. Which would be some what understandable if they hadn't failed in the first place due to a block on my account!

It's clear that support either don't know what causes the blocks, can't do anything about them, or just DNGAF.

Sony support around payment issues has taken a massive nosedive. I used to have good experiences with support, but the handful of times I've contacted them this year has been awful and I received no help at all.

Yeah it's so odd I just bought Titanfall 2 like two weeks ago. I'm sure my account has a block now too since I tried and failed through various means to pay for my game about 5 times. But it's their fault...I didn't change anything about my payment info in the first place. Sigh.

Do you have the option of plugging your ps4 into your router? For some reason it hadnt occurred to me to do that until today...downloaded bf1- 40gigs- in less than 8 hrs. For psn, that's a fucking revelation.

Haha wtf now it says 35mins from 10 hours...

Why? The router is on my desk like 3.5 ft away.

Thanks for the tip, didn't think that would change things.

NateGrigs

Dang same thing is happening to me....I was hoping to play some of these games over the long weekend

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Haha wtf now it says 35mins from 10 hours...

Why? The router is on my desk like 3.5 ft away.

Thanks for the tip, didn't think that would change things.

The PS4s wifi chip is ass. It always cripples download speeds.

Wifi speeds are definitely much faster on Pro. I think theyre faster on Slim? Not sure

lupinko

Speaking of Revelator, if you bought the Japanese Disc like I did, then your Japanese save will actually work with the NA game. You just need to upload it via the game's cross save and then download it in the other region's game.

Unfortunately my Sign Elphelt didn't carry over because I bought that for my Japanese game rather than unlocking it. I'll just try to unlock it via fishing for the NA game.

I only double dipped for this and SFV because I want to rotate between both games and KOFXIV without having to change discs.

So KOF is my default disc now.

legbone

well, i started destiny today. i had played the beta and loved it but just never picked it up. don't know why. damn is that game beautiful. i don't remember the beta looking near that good. anyway, really glad i picked it up in this sale.

Radec

The PS4s wifi chip is ass. It always cripples download speeds.

Wifi speeds are definitely much faster on Pro. I think theyre faster on Slim? Not sure

Yeah wifi is slow.

I'm only getting 20mbps on it while on LAN ps4 can get to atleast 70mbps.

Since the only thing I want is Final Fantasy XV Digital Deluxe, I guess I'm waiting for the game to go live on sale on midnight Tuesday and use the 10% discount code then. Fortunately Sony seems to give us until 11:00 AM Tuesday to use the code.

Assanova

That's odd. Sony fixed it for me immediately.

Thanks for the link!!! I purchased it and an email showed up within a minute that had a link to a picture of the code.

I just purchased Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Ratchet and Clank, and the BF1 Season Premium pass for $115.97. I would have ordered a couple more titles(Like Battlefront and Overwatch) but apparently the PSN store won't let you checkout when you have more than $150 in your cart.(and it seemed to be based on the price before the discount. Maybe I could have added something later. Not sure and I didn't want to risk it)

That 20% off code made these sale prices so much better. Thanks again!!!

Now I can return the Titanfall2 and BF1 discs I ordered from BestBuy. And best of all I don't need to mess with any discs.

Apply the code and then shop. That's what I did to be able to get more items within the limit.

Does this work for Canadian account too? And can I use both 10% and this 20% off at the same time?

Canadian accounts should work. And no, you can't stack the discount codes.

DirtyLarry

Damn, that 20% off code from eBay was truly great. Thanks to whomever shared it. It saved me $17 taking into account it cost $4.50

I was able to switch to BF1 Digital and it costs me $5 to do so. I also got the Premium Pass and Hitman Complete First Series. Damn good deals all around.

Just let me say enjoy to whomever held off and was able to take advantage of the BF1 and TF2 bundle is that is one one hell of a great deal.

aaronwt

Apply the code and then shop. That's what I did to be able to get more items within the limit.

Thanks but it's too late now since I checked out just prior to posting. And according to the ebay auction you can only use one 20% off code per PSN account. I still might pick up a couple of titles using the 10% off code that everyone can use. Sometime this weekend. But I am still extremely pleased with the price I paid for those titles.

Top Bottom