• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what is the secret to not getting permanently banned from NeoGAF.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
adeshina365.png

Salsa

I think I sent an email like that when I was banned, but with less rage and more sense

did anyone read it? i'll never know ;_;

coldfoot

Banned
GAF would be so much better with a 36pt font

just sayin'

Let me blow your mind:
Hold down the Ctrl key and scroll your mouse wheel up...

My question to EvilLore is: did he earn a permaban after that e-mail which was probably sent as a response to a non-permanent ban?

G-Fex

When are you going to finish that silent hill collection? I watched you for like two hours and you just stopped, your voice was nice.

I traded that lousy thing in.

If I stream SH2 it'll be the authentic PS2 version I have.

My voice isn't nice, I sound like garfield.

I've been here for a few years and have never been banned. But that's cause I rarely post, and when I do it's completely inoffensive. Junior Member 4 lyfe.

I probably should have been banned once when one of my friends got drunk and bumped an old Jedi Knight 2 thread on the gaming side. I'm not sure how I wasn't banned for that one.

Edit: Goddamn, 3 years and 150 posts. I am such a lurker.

G-Fex

CHEEZMO™;39374747 said:
I want to hear G-Fex's voice :(

nahh

well if you really want to, tune in monday nights on my twitch channel

Good. I liked hearing you scared.

Well his stuff is achieved somewhere. But you will want to hear it live, feel the power of it.

I wasnt scared, I was slightly unnerved

no the SH collection stream video is gone :(

Prez

Do some mods ban members more easily than others? Will people get away with more when Evilore's in Europe?

EagleBurn

Banned
Don't tell anyone you voted for George W ever ever ever

With him having the majority in 2000 and 2004 (kinda), saying this shouldn't be too bad.

Edit: People are asking me to change this. It was more of a comment to respect an opinion, not to form any political debate (that's not why I'm here).

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I made a logical edit. No point in deleting it when it's quoted.

You could say you want Bush to be dictator for life if you so please. You'd get a huuuuge amount of shit for it and would never live it down, but I really cant see anyone getting banned for saying they once supported an unpopular president.

TL;DR - ignore Stabbie.

sphinx

the piano man
I remember some years ago I think it was dragona who said mods could see what was originally posted, before editing to cover the shit. lol

I am not sure if she was just bluffing but I say it so you don't stress yourself over the edits, just behave well.

This is not really accurate. While moderators might split one way or the other on a post (one might go for a warning, one might delete posts contributing to a derail, one might go for a short ban--all three would agree the post in question is just awful), in general, most of the moderation we do, we work together on. It's not like ten years ago where the place was a bit of a wild west. We're pretty tightly knit. And in many cases, especially for longer bans or identifying long-term problem posters, we work together. It's a really good team.

I'm a softie and I'm sure the other moderators will tell you that, but by and large none of them are going to undermine me and I'm not going to undermine them specifically because it's a collaborative process and we've got channels to help each other give input on stuff.

I have no idea either, apparently some meme about a female bodybuilder or something? I understand it was a thing like, years and years before I registered. I don't really think it's on our radar at this point.
That's kind of neat to know that you guys talk to each other about how to deal with people. I always thought it was just on a single person's call.

I almost don't want to ask, but I'm also curious to know if I'm considered a problem poster or if I'm pretty low on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom