• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who needs games: PlayStation 4's first year [EUROGAMER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of ironic that this article was put up in the week before LittleBigPlanet 3, Grand Theft Auto V and Dragon Age: Inquisition come out. But I guess none of those constitute as reasons to justify a PS4 purchase because they're either remasters or titles you can play on a previous gen, thus the PS4 has no 'games'.

Majmun

Well it's just a simple fact. There are 64 more games on the PS4 and more games on the PS4 next year. This subject baffles me.

I was just making fun of Killer.

Both consoles have a lot of games. But which library you prefer depends on your taste.

And the Ps4 has more games indeed. This article is bullshit.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Resogun, Velocity 2X, Rogue Legacy, Towerfall and Transistor are some of the best games I've played in many many years. I am saddened to see that these are not games :(

This article is super stupid.

Taker34

Banned
No games huh? Those 15 physical PS4 games on my shelf do not exist... oh and I won't be able to buy LBP3, Diablo3, Tomb Raider, Destiny, FC4 and maybe Unity until somewhere in 2015 which is already full of great exclusives and 3rd party stuff. My wallet is suffering.

Q1 2015 has State of Decay and Screamride. Not every release has to be a AAA gaming exclusive for the platform to have exclusives or games worth playing.

That's why I don't agree with this article. It ignores fantastic digital only releases to try and make some stupid point.

exactly. I believe Ori and Below are great and in that timetable as well, but these aren't "AAA" as the media likes to put it. I guarantee u won't hear shit from the media in the first half of 2015 in regards to xbox though.

JavaMind

Banned
So Infamous is not a good exclusive? what about last of us remaster? and little big planet? what about 95% of multi platforms with better versions on PS4?

What is so great on xboxOne? play in 900p or 720p with unstable framerate? Play a remaster from Halo that doesn't work online?

Give me a break , i can't believe eurogamer did that, lost my respect.

Sales? What does that have to do with quality?. Forza Horizon's 2 is a fantastic game.

Sales matter because at the end of the day not matter how good the press rate a game if it don't sell it has no effect on selling consoles .
The video game media don't seem to understand that exclusives unless they big IP don't mean much to consumers and sales back that up.
People buying PS4 for games but there not exclusives just look at Destiny sales and Consoles numbers when it came out .

FranXico

How about we talk about the lack of games on the XB1, baring in mind it has 64 less games.

I disagree with that actually. Even though Xbox is not for me, the X1 has a lot of great games. It just irks me when people make it all or nothing. Both machines have worthwhile games.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I want to see Eurogamer do more face offs like PES 2015 and Dragon Age and then I will read their stuff.
Face-Offs are done by Digital Foundry that are hosted on Eurogamer but Eurogamer is also a regular editorial outlet with previews, reviews and opinion pieces.

I ask if a Sunset/Forza fall release is entirely different from an exclusive perspective than a LBP/Driveclub fall release? I just don't see it.

I don't include MCC or TLOU because they are remastered games.

I don't like any the LBP's, and I'm not interested in the kind of game DriveClub is, never have been. The open-world, very smooth online aspect of FH is one the few things that get me interested in a driving game. So, yeah, the difference is quite large for me.

Also, I'm counting MCC. It's a huge collection of games(some that aren't available to play online anymore, on consoles at least), unlike anything I've quite seen before. It's just, uh, has completely broken matchmaking

Arion

Well the article is mostly right. I'm buying a PS4 mostly out of anticipation of whats coming rather than whats out right now. Infamous is great but I would say MS and Nintendo has had a way better exclusive lineup this year.

I haven't been tempted to get a PS4 yet. Still trying to make my way through all the amazing games from last gen on PS3. When the PS4 has a better lineup, I'll bite. Until then, I will happily continue my last gen gaming.

Eurogamers got to get the PS4 has no games out these during this holiday season because it will be the last time they will be able to ever say it even though it is not even true up to this point. In the future it will be even more ridiculous to mention this.

I have an X1 but haven't really had a reason to pick up a PS4. That'll change, last gen started slow for Sony on the exclusive front as well but once things got rolling it was great.

IconGrist

But PlayStation 4 owners haven't, not really.

The balls of this statement amazes me. I had a great year with my PS4. All of my friends did as well. There's a lot of people in this thread who have said the same. Yet, right here this guy acts like it's okay to blanket statement the experience of over 10 million PS4 owners.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I was just making fun of Killer.

Both consoles have a lot of games. But which library you prefer depends on your taste.

And the Ps4 has more games indeed. This article is bullshit.

Yeah, I didn't mean it to come over so blunt, sorry. I can go with the 'personal taste' debate quite happily but when it's reduced to 'no games' it becomes somewhat puzzling because then actual numbers break every law of mathematics.

Face-Offs are done by Digital Foundry that are hosted on Eurogamer but Eurogamer is also a regular editorial outlet with previews, reviews and opinion pieces.

I know, but Eurogamer host them and give them a platform. I am sick of seeing positive angles on every faceoff in favour of Xbox One.

Read the PS3/ Xbox 360 faceoffs and how they laid into Sonys machine.

Cyborg

I play my PS4 every day. I have to much games and to lil time!

- Infamous SS
- Shadow of Mordor
- Metro Redux
- BF4
- TLoU:R
- And 10 indies

Enough to keep me going for a while

" PS4 has no games "

No, it has more games than Xbox One :)

' Yes but only indies "

PS4 has more good games than Xbox One :) "

" but.... "

:)

Haha

PS4 has been curbing stompin the X1 because they got their specs, message, and policy right the first time. X1 bungled those out the door big time.

I don't like any the LBP's, and I'm not interested in the kind of game DriveClub is, never have been. The open-world, very smooth online aspect of FH is one the few things that get me interested in a driving game. So, yeah, the difference is quite large for me.

That's your opinion. Entitled to have it, but the opinion of others who include the rest are just as valid.

Where is the X1 article mentioning the same thing? Titanfall, Ryse, Horizon 2, Dead Rising, etc are all playable elsewhere.

Leaves what, sunset overdrive in the year 2014 that is only playable on the X1?

Nibel

Kind of ironic that this article was put up in the week before LittleBigPlanet 3, Grand Theft Auto V and Dragon Age: Inquisition come out. But I guess none of those constitute as reasons to justify a PS4 purchase because they're either remasters or titles you can play on a previous gen, thus the PS4 has no 'games'.

Today is the PS4's first birthday and therefore this article was released, stop with this dumb conspiracy stuff.

Once again: why have we bought these machines?

Because the games are better on these machines than their predecessors. Because when some random funny thing happens in GTA V next week for thousands of people, they'll be able to simply hit the Share button to show everyone. Because there's more to a console than AAA first-party games.

Sales matter because at the end of the day not matter how good the press rate a game if it don't sell it has no effect on selling consoles .
The video game media don't seem to understand that exclusives unless they big IP don't mean much to consumers and sales back that up.

This isn't about sales, it's about games, and how good they are. Sales only matter to me when a game I really like does fuck all, like FH2 apparently, and I think Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive deserve nothing but success. I would be sad to see otherwise.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I know, but Eurogamer host them and give them a platform. I am sick of seeing positive angles on every faceoff in favour of Xbox One.

Read the PS3/ Xbox 360 faceoffs and how they laid into Sonys machine.
My point was more that the authors that do the tech analysis are not the same authors that do the other Eurogamer coverage.

If you detect a bias in one group, that doesn't translate that the other group is also biased.

RulkezX

Bought both consoles at launch,not counting launch bundle games I have 8 games for PS4 and 2for X1.

So yeah #Ps4gotnogaemz etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom