• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

W101 and Pikmin look so much better in motion. The jaggies look really bad in the screens posted in this thread while I hardly notice them playing, especially in Pikmin.

fabprems

ibp4fh7HqObtmH.jpg
All the beautiful screens of the Wind waker reminds me why I loved this game so much. They were pretty much spot on in the Iwata asks :
Takizawa: Um, I love Okinawa and the southern islands (of Japan), so I often go there.
Iwata: I can tell that from your suntan! (laughs)
Everyone:(laughs)
Takizawa: I think I was able to make that world convincing because when I made those first test images, I envisioned how good I feel when I’m there.
Iwata: The comfortable way it feels isn’t something you can derive from a scene in a photograph.
Dohta: I think Aonuma-san has said this before, about how it’s “reality over realism.” With The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, I think we were able to express a good feeling that doesn’t come across by simply portraying a photo-realistic sea or sky.
Iwata: That includes light or a breeze that the eye can’t see. Of course, it isn’t actually bright and a sea breeze isn’t actually blowing, but you sense those things in that game world. It’s interesting how this game was made based on something that was created eleven years ago, but the way it feels real surpasses the many games out there today with realistic graphics.

D-e-f-

Banned
You can preview the image by pressing X in the browser now

iAy0VqITjwsrW.jpg

You could always do that, even before this update. You just never could do anything with it inside the browser until now. But the option to press X and see both screens was always there. It was even in the pre-release Direct that covered the browser leading to initial speculation that you could post screens from the browser.

Top those capturing Zelda, you can turn off part of the HUD in the options so it isn't so cluttered in the corners. The part that turns off is on the gamepad at all times anyway.

New002

Top those capturing Zelda, you can turn off part of the HUD in the options so it isn't so cluttered in the corners. The part that turns off is on the gamepad at all times anyway.

Yeah I looked at it after I posted and that stuff was bugging me. I only just started the game so I didn't explore all the options yet :p

Thanks for the tip!

Yeah I looked at it after I posted and that stuff was bugging me. I only just started the game so I didn't explore all the options yet :p

Thanks for the tip!

No problem!

Holy shit man, Nintendo Land does not get enough credit for its lighting and texture quality.
It really doesn't. The game looks so incredibly crisp, has great effects, and moves at a silky 60fps. Nintendo Land will probly look better than a lot of stuff this gen, and it will likely stand the test of time due to it's styling. A real work of art, in my opinion. It's also fun as heck!

Neff

Holy shit man, Nintendo Land does not get enough credit for its lighting and texture quality.

I've always thought that it shows off the tech very, very well, and is still a good showcase for what the system can do visually.

Man, this game is criminally underrated. It is a fucking BLAST in multiplayer, and it looks great! I've even played with several non-gamers who loved it too. They should've advertised it better.

rawktapus

Dohta: I think Aonuma-san has said this before, about how it’s “reality over realism.” With The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, I think we were able to express a good feeling that doesn’t come across by simply portraying a photo-realistic sea or sky.

This is such a great sentiment.

OryoN

It really doesn't. The game looks so incredibly crisp, has great effects, and moves at a silky 60fps. Nintendo Land will probly look better than a lot of stuff this gen, and it will likely stand the test of time due to it's styling. A real work of art, in my opinion. It's also fun as heck!

I've always thought that it shows off the tech very, very well, and is still a good showcase for what the system can do visually.
I've been saying this from day 1. People act as though its visuals don't count because it's not a big budget title, but in all the PS360 games I've seen/played, I have yet to see any match the overall image quality seen in NintendoLand. The plaza is especially gorgeous to look at, especially when it's getting full. Incredibly detailed assets, tons of on-screen detail, incredibly vibrant colors, plenty hi-res textures, hi-res shadow maps(not many console games can boast that)), lots of animated characters, topped with beautiful lighting, at 60fps. It puzzled me how many people never considered NL a good early example of what Wii U was capable of, but were so impressed (and rightly so) with the visuals in Little Big Planet, Puppeteer, and Viva La Piñata. Nintendoland is very underrated, in both visuals and gameplay.

Mory Dunz

Playing nba2k13,im really bad playing basketball games.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0112f-415de24.jpg

Wow, even though the'yre completely different styles, this game feels so ugly compared to like WW, Nintendoland, and that weird cell biology looking game.

Which is weird because when Nba 2k10 came out, I thought it was one of the best looking games I'd seen. X360 couldn't even maintain a stable framerate...

I've been saying this from day 1. People act as though its visuals don't count because it's not a big budget title, but in all the PS360 games I've seen/played, I have yet to see any match the overall image quality seen in NintendoLand. The plaza is especially gorgeous to look at, especially when it's getting full. Incredibly detailed assets, tons of on-screen detail, incredibly vibrant colors, plenty hi-res textures, hi-res shadow maps(not many console games can boast that)), lots of animated characters, topped with beautiful lighting, at 60fps. It puzzled me how many people never considered NL a good early example of what Wii U was capable of, but were so impressed (and rightly so) with the visuals in Little Big Planet, Puppeteer, and Viva La Piñata. Nintendoland is very underrated, in both visuals and gameplay.
I've never understood it either honestly. I remember everyone talking about how un-next gen it looked while I was thinking it was incredible. Got the game, and it looked even better in motion. No clue what folks were yapping and complaining about visually.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01yrsfi.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012euf5.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01v0ssn.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01gqx9c.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nintendo Land does indeed look good. I don't know if I'd say it has really good textures, so much as great normal/bump/specular maps. A lot of the textures themselves aren't all that detailed, for stylistic reasons, but are given a detail bump map to show little bits and pieces in the right lighting. The only real issue I have with Nintendo Land is the absence of any decent anisotropic filtering on the textures, a problem with more or less every 360/PS3 tier game, and a problem in most Wii U games so far.

Anyway, given I have tried out the browser screenshot thing yet, here are my test runs.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vzah6.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011fu76.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015xzul.jpg

I feel The Wonderful 101 is one of those games that would look so damn nice with super sampled IQ. It's one of those games that jumps out at me as a "god I wish this worked in Dolphin" thing.

fabprems

I've never understood it either honestly. I remember everyone talking about how un-next gen it looked while I was thinking it was incredible. Got the game, and it looked even better in motion. No clue what folks were yapping and complaining about visually.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01v0ssn.jpg

Well, I reckon Nintendoland is quite overlooked and technically surprising, I also feel that Nintendo lost track at some point of where they wanted to go with this title and they put a lot of things together, maybe too much : differents graphical styles and gameplay styles, tons of differents colors on screen, and too much universes (nintendo games, the Miis, the mecanical objects and textures...).
Look at these screens and the Windwaker ones, it really show the difference betwen technically beautiful and artistically beautiful.

D-e-f-

Banned
Well, I reckon Nintendoland is quite overlooked and technically surprising, I also feel that Nintendo lost track at some point of where they wanted to go with this title and they put a lot of things together, maybe too much : differents graphical styles and gameplay styles, tons of differents colors on screen, and too much universes (nintendo games, the Miis, the mecanical objects and textures...).
Look at these screens and the Windwaker ones, it really show the difference betwen technically beautiful and artistically beautiful.

NintendoLand is a toy box. Everything mechanical has a toy-look to it. Even the yarn/cloth stuff looks like stuff your grandparents hand-made for their kids to play with. It's all actually very consistent. It's way more coherent than something like Smash Bros which actually takes different universes and mashes them together as-is. NintendoLand just takes iconic imagery and puts it into its own unique art style without actually taking any characters (aside form enemies). Very play-contolled character is a Mii wearing a costume. Most (or all? been a while) enemy characters are made to look like robot-toys instead of living creatures.

Roo

NintendoLand is a toy box. Everything mechanical has a toy-look to it. Even the yarn/cloth stuff looks like stuff your grandparents hand-made for their kids to play with. It's all actually very consistent. It's way more coherent than something like Smash Bros which actually takes different universes and mashes them together as-is. NintendoLand just takes iconic imagery and puts it into its own unique art style without actually taking any characters (aside form enemies). Very play-contolled character is a Mii wearing a costume. Most (or all? been a while) enemy characters are made to look like robot-toys instead of living creatures.

Mechanical Yoshi is like.. the cutest thing ever.
maxresdefault.jpg

D'awwwwwwwww

Mohonky

How do you do this exactly? I mean uploading from TV wasn't an option on minus and copy.com didn't give me a .jpg link or anything, just a regular address.

Tumo

Can someone post Tekken Tag tournament 2 pics? And some BLOPS 2 zombie pics?

I think Tekken Tag blocks screens which is a shame as I think it would have really helped sales for it if people could see all the crazy Nintendo costumes in it. It's been a great brawl placeholder ):

Edit - here are some pretty screens:

something something hero mode

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01z7jk2.jpg

No Escape

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015va8i.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is there a reason why the wii u downgrades shots from 1080p to 720p?

Smaller file sizes I would assume. And for most people, 720p is enough for them. It also helps that games rendered at 1080p will be downsampled to 720p and get free AA.

Can someone post Tekken Tag tournament 2 pics?

TTT2 locks the home button so you can only push it on the main menu and a couple other areas. Remember being disappointed by it because I really liked the dressup stuff but people couldn't post shots of their customised characters.

Top Bottom