• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontieruk

So not loving Xbox music at the minute DRM errors, uses the Sync'd cloud version of music rather than the Uploaded to device version WTF

I'm still trying to figure out why teal is more like cyan than cyan is.

I think the cyan theme could use a little more saturation/blue and maybe a smidge more green to match the phone, but the teal looks off to me.

I do miss the flexibility I had with a white phone. Just about any theme goes well with it.

EDIT: Scratch that. It's funny how the lighting around you affects the cyan color. Thought the phone was pretty ugly when I picked it up at night and saw it under yellow lights. Cyan theme feels pretty accurate...in my current lighting.

hwalker84

DSC02770.JPG

WP_20121115_001.jpg

WP_20121115_002.jpg

WP_20121115_003.jpg

WP_20121115_004.jpg

WP_20121115_005.jpg

The Family Portrait
DSC02772.JPG

Razdek

Banned
Does anyone know how to get the small black tile to make it look like a header so it adds a space between the tiles? I forgot where I saw it.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-78fKLKm7NTc/UKWIgDW8FMI/AAAAAAAAAXA/Egi9QMf2vEc/s567/DSC02770.JPG[IMG]
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Dj5boZhUQPQ/UKWInjMh1oI/AAAAAAAAAXg/7JUtqpoi8e4/s567/WP_20121115_001.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fuOV7vdkBw4/UKWInr6xHEI/AAAAAAAAAXk/t5X4ySpZVZ8/s567/WP_20121115_002.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2J9Ejii7obI/UKWInptIMtI/AAAAAAAAAXo/rsBpfqiIfKE/s567/WP_20121115_003.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-idm-DJFU45g/UKWIodMd0fI/AAAAAAAAAX0/vtHLXx2TQQ8/s913/WP_20121115_004.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jZPAzM1P9HY/UKWIosBILnI/AAAAAAAAAX4/69yyzO4iDow/s913/WP_20121115_005.jpg[IMG]
The Family Portrait
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GQmr0rf68F8/UKWIhDrDLvI/AAAAAAAAAXQ/NKsYWANje48/s567/DSC02772.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]
Somewhat makes me wish I had got the blue instead of black.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
For real though, how the hell do I sync my video podcasts from Zune OR iTunes? I'm running Win8, if that helps. The metro app doesn't seem to have that ability.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Have you tried Windows Media Player?

The only article I read on that talked about syncing music, not podcasts. I already hate having to download audio podcasts on my device, it'll be complete bullshit if I can't sync video podcasts through iTunes. Thurrott talks on his site about syncing via iTunes, but it looks like the desktop app. The metro app is absolute garbage. Pure shit. Even front posted pics of how he synced podcasts, but his screenshots look nothing like the metro app that downloads when I plug my phone in.

The only article I read on that talked about syncing music, not podcasts. I already hate having to download audio podcasts on my device, it'll be complete bullshit if I can't sync video podcasts through iTunes. Thurrott talks on his site about syncing via iTunes, but it looks like the desktop app. The metro app is absolute garbage. Pure shit. Even front posted pics of how he synced podcasts, but his screenshots look nothing like the metro app that downloads when I plug my phone in.

That's what you get for moving back to Android!

Wait.

I think the only way to manage video podcast is sadly via the phone. I don't really watch that many podcast (mostly audio) so it doesn't really impact me but yeah they really need to do something with Xbox on Windows 8 ... the apps for both Music and Video just suck period.

Oh, I discovered the joy of using Media Player again. It always work better than Zune for me for making CD and I lean to enjoy manually moving stuff in and out of folder like the good older managing MP3 players.

Liberty4all

Banned
Maybe 10 years ago when I worked nearby, but now I won't go near there unless I have to... particularly not in November.

I'm still thinking about it. I live downtown so it will take 45 min or so to get there. I dint want to go only to have tears when they don't have any 920 cases or wireless chargers in stock.

ElNino

I'm still thinking about it. I live downtown so it will take 45 min or so to get there. I dint want to go only to have tears when they don't have any 920 cases or wireless chargers in stock.
I work downtown but I live east of the city, so I would need to take the GO home then drive back in the evening... not happening. Maybe if the wife wants to take the kids there on Sunday I'll check it out.

Yeah dude, I was just coming here to post about how frustrating the podcast experience has been. Utterly ridiculous.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yeah dude, I was just coming here to post about how frustrating the podcast experience has been. Utterly ridiculous.

Beta app is trash for podcasts. It recognizes the podcasts and syncs them to the phone but won't automatically delete the ones I've already viewed. Also, it crashes way too much.

Cj70

Yep it's awful and judging from Joe Belfiore's twitter comments this morning it seems like they have misunderstood why everyone is upset about it.

Yep it's awful and judging from Joe Belfiore's twitter comments this morning it seems like they have misunderstood why everyone is upset about it.

We should all just band together and annoy them over twitter till they add the 7 lines of code (I'm exaterating, but it shouldn't be too hard since I'm assuming they would have built the program with the future in mind...) to Zune to allow it to recognize WP8 devices.

cube444

Any idea as to whether the black HTC 8X is available or will be available in Canada? All I see is the blue one on Bell's site and at Rogers stores.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

lol, Joe dropped the "why don't you just drag and drop your mp3's into the phone" line. What the hell is this, android? Get that shit outta here, give me full device sync, and give it to me without that turd software from Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom