• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'm playing the demo of Angry Birds Star Wars on my 920 and it sure doesn't look like it's running at native resolution, which is disappointing. Anyone try it on an 8X yet?

Not sure. Unlike many games it is using the entire screen and doesn't have black bars at the top and bottom. But.. it doesn't really look as crisp as it probably should if it were using the full resolution.

anyone know what the angry birds: space & angry birds: star wars updates included?
Some report that these two game could be the cause of massive battery drain issue. I was just playing with Angry Birds SW and my battery went from 80 to 60 in couple of hours, that could also be from just playing game.

So far today the phone came off the charger at around 9, I download podcasts, video cast, play said video cast (20 mins), browsed lot of Gaf, WPcentral, take some pictures. I did sync the phone briefly to download musics and photos so it did get small recharged. Then play Cut the Rope and Angry Bird SW and bat is at about 68%...

Seem normal to me but it drop quite a bit after Angry Birds session.

Razdek

Banned
Man, after returning my 920 and going back to my WP7 device I already miss my home screen, the performance and high res display. There wasn't too much difference in software but that hardware boost made it more fun to use.

cube444

Man, after returning my 920 and going back to my WP7 device I already miss my home screen, the performance and high res display. There wasn't too much difference in software but that hardware boost made it more fun to use.

Why didn't you go for the 8X?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
So I have an HTC 8X, and it won't connect to my router with wifi. Keeps saying password is incorrect.

But it's correct. I just set it and rebooted the router. I can connect with a laptop.

What else could cause this?

Edit: Nevermind, I needed a raw security key not the user friendly password I can use to access my router.

Razdek

Banned
Why didn't you go for the 8X?

Decided to take a small break from WP8 after all that time and effort to get the phone unlocked and battling the battery issue. I haven't researched too much on the 8X yet so I'm not aware of any issues that may be on it.

Decided to take a small break from WP8 after all that time and effort to get the phone unlocked and battling the battery issue. I haven't researched too much on the 8X yet so I'm not aware of any issues that may be on it.

Its sad that you had to go through what you did... all that work to get Rogers to unlock it, only to have the phone not work in the end. I'm going to wait until some of the early bugs get squashed out before I jump in myself.

Razdek

Banned
Its sad that you had to go through what you did... all that work to get Rogers to unlock it, only to have the phone not work in the end. I'm going to wait until some of the early bugs get squashed out before I jump in myself.

I got to play with WP8 for a week and got to see what it can do but the worst part is giving Rogers $90 for nothing. After the phone bricked when I was trying to troubleshoot the issue it was the last straw and I couldn't take anymore.

cube444

e0nLV.jpg

Link

zeeaykay

I've been leaning towards the blue HTC 8x, but my best buy only has the black HTC 8X in stock. I have been convincing myself to just by the black tomorrow because it's more professional and some people say the blue looks purple (haven't seen it in person yet).

But damn that picture above of the blue HTC looks beautiful. A bit sick of waiting, especially since this is my first smartphone and I thought they were releasing last week! Another few days won't hurt though.

PG2G

Another Tuesday, another major release on Xbox Music that I can't download or stream. I am getting pretty close to cancelling. The new features in Xbox Music really screwed up the licensing/catalog.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going to do a cross post from the HTC 8X thread:

I'm getting bored with my iPhone, would it be worth trading it in for cash to get a HTC 8X or Lumia? I mostly use twitter, facebook, browsing, music and pictures on my iPhone, not really a big App guy.

Milchjon

I'm getting bored with my iPhone, would it be worth trading it in for cash to get a HTC 8X or Lumia? I mostly use twitter, facebook, browsing, music and pictures on my iPhone, not really a big App guy.

Sounds like they are right up your alley. Although it seems like the WP8 Music experience is still kinda screwy (I had no problems on WP8)

toff74

I was thinking more Rihanna, but ok :p

Just checked myself and both that and Example's The Evolution of Man are 'Buy' instead of 'Download'.. and add the Live Coldplay LP too and its quite a bad day for XBOX Music!!!

All these on the Spotlight page. Rubbish!!

Milchjon

The Meet your Match ads are kinda nice, but why does it seem like it's a prerequesite for MS employees to show their family to the world.

Note to self: Don't marry an MS employee.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Visited the at&t store and wow, the 8X feels amazing in hand. Beautiful, and feels so much lighter and comfortable than the 920.

NeOak

I went to charge my DVP to get the achievements i needed from the games i have there.

It feels so small compared to the 920 o.o

PG2G

My friend picked up an 8X. I think I would have enjoyed it if I wasn't already used to the weight and size of the 920.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Red, what carrier are you with?

frontieruk

I was thinking more Rihanna, but ok :p

Just checked myself and both that and Example's The Evolution of Man are 'Buy' instead of 'Download'.. and add the Live Coldplay LP too and its quite a bad day for XBOX Music!!!

All these on the Spotlight page. Rubbish!!

ah so you've not been caught by the record labels 'we want money for this album' before? Happened quite a lot on Zune in the UK. Can only imagine it'll happen more with the wider audience that win8 will bring.

Now now, nothing WP related was ever rushed to release.

It's coming very soon.

Someone more capable, with more time, took over and he'll do a much better job anyway.

Sorry about the hold up and mess, but it's silly season in advertising land. Worse than usual. I feel like that Kojima Productions team that was supposed to make MGS: Rising. Embarrassing, really.

Milchjon

It's coming very soon.

Someone more capable, with more time, took over and he'll do a much better job anyway.

Sorry about the hold up and mess, but it's silly season in advertising land. Worse than usual. I feel like that Kojima Productions team that was supposed to make MGS: Rising. Embarrassing, really.

Aw, it's alright. If I had known you work in advertising, I wouldn't have said anything.

SeanR1221

Odd problem.

I have a tile for my fiancé. I want her picture to be a zoomed in version of her twitter profile picture. It stays zoomed in for a day or so then zooms back out. Kind of annoying.

Aw, it's alright. If I had known you work in advertising, I wouldn't have said anything.

That's because I never said anything about it. I usually don't talk about my private life on forums. But it gives some perspective about my apparent laziness.
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, the new OT is going to be great, can't wait for it!

Commodore

It's coming very soon.

Dammit, you brought in Coco to do some finishing work didn't you?

frontieruk

Im taking a self imposed hiatus from GAF, so Ill probably catch you in the wp8 OT when i come back.

just thought id make my last post a constructive one.

I reset my 8x today, it dragged back:

email accounts no passwords (good thing)

Sms up to midnight yesterday

apps, though some failed to download.

kept audio settings such as keypad etc.

what it didn't do

keep your tiles, they get reset to almost stock + email accounts

wifi though i guess this could be a good thing for privacy purposes.

game saves.

use this info wisely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom