• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 49

Ohhhhhhkay, so the final badguy is Xenogears piloted by Liquid Snake? That'll go well with the stupid Metal Gear RAY that apparently just came back to life. UGH. Fucking xrounder xrounder xrounder. Why do we still do this? AND OF COURSE THE FAT GUY IS STILL EATING. UGH.

Now Kio is doing the morally superior magic girl dance. Fuuuuuuuuck. AHAHAHA IT SHOT YOU WITH ITS ROBOT DICK. And now he's merged with Liquid's Hand or Cid or something.

Hey hey hey, remember how in Gundam SEED when Blue Cosmos launched Nukes at the PLANTs? Now Flit is gonna do that! But he's a hero because Hino says!

Oh fuck are you kidding? THIS FUCKING SHIT FROM GUNDAM SEED AND DESTINY WE HAVE TO DO AGAIN?

DAMMIT FLIT YOU HAVE A WIFE. FUCKING GET AWAY FROM THE DEAD GIRL. FUUUUUUCK. AND NOW FLIT IS FORGIVEN?

FUCK IT. I DON'T CARE. JUST FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK THIS FUCKING SHOW AND EVERY FUCKING PERSON INVOLVED IN IT. If I were a Vagan, I wouldn't listen to this asshole who had A FUCKING NUKE POINTED AT MY HOME. But ONE WORD FROM DEAD GIRL and Flit is SUDDENLY A NEW MAN WHO ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR A WAR OF GENOCIDE THAT LASTED SEVENTY GODDAMN YEARS.

Wow, and Kio even lectures the brainless monster. Fuuuuuuuck.

AND OF COURSE HE FUCKING SAVES THE BRAINLESS MONSTER EVEN THOUGH THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

Whatever. It's done. It's fucking done. And if Gundam AGE ever gets brought up again may it die a similarly ignominious death.

Allow me to articulate my feelings for the entire show, now:
FUCK.

Kite

Thanks to you guys I've dug into my pile of shame and start watching Legend of the Galactic heroes and.. I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner. Looks like I'll be dropping some of the meh newer anime to make room for this gem. I'm up to ep 5 and still debating which side I want to root for.

Jintor

...oh man, this is some egg on my face. Some quick Googling has revealed a contradiction in my statement. There is a running series of Phoenix Wright more in line with the game cases, although quite obviously I wouldn't know how they are.

phoenix-confident(a).gif

"The defence... rests."

Westlo

So yeah last week I watched 58 episodes of Hunter X Hunter 2011, which is probably more episodes than I usually watch in an anime season. I'm gonna tell HxH 2011 to hold dat for a while so more episodes build up... so how does Togashi's previous series in YuYu Hakusho hold up against Hunter X Hunter? Is the anime actually conclusive? Manga superior?

I really liked what I watched of Level E, so Togashi's 2 from 2 with me so far.

wonzo

Banned
So yeah last week I watched 58 episodes of Hunter X Hunter 2011, which is probably more episodes than I usually watch in an anime season. I'm gonna tell HxH 2011 to hold dat for a while so more episodes build up... so how does Togashi's previous series in YuYu Hakusho hold up against Hunter X Hunter? Is the anime actually conclusive? Manga superior?

I really liked what I watched of Level E, so Togashi's 2 from 2 with me so far.
YYH is p. good (HxH is better) but don't forget about the original 90's run of HxH now!

OceanBlue

I would watch a Phoenix Wright anime.

After watching the live-action movie, I wouldn't. The movie was so bad. I'm probably biased because I love the games, but the plot progression in the movie was so awful. Rise from the Ashes would've been a fine movie since it has enough material to fill in a movie without too much like the rest of the first game.

I missed the gif spam...

So did I, and I was there to watch the thread close.

Westlo

YYH is p. good (HxH is better) but don't forget about the original 90's run of HxH now!

I'll probably get around to watching that sooner than later, do I just watch upto the end of the Yorknew arc and pretend that they never did Greed Island? All I've seen since I've been an anime fan is utter disdain for the Greed Island OVAs. (I assume 2011 is doing a good job with that?)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I caught up with Ginga e Kickoff finally. I will say, they paced out the game pretty well considering it was like 4 or 5 episodes. Given that it seems to be wrapping up in a few more episodes, they used the game as a way to show how the team came together... although I still don't get why they had to get rid of the original three team members in the first place if they were going to be around anyway. lol

I'm curious as to what they'll do with the Spain episodes... especially since they have this whole father storyline to deal with. But hey, I guess we'll see.

jgminto

I just ingested a bunch of anime to catch up on the shows I care about. I'm suprised how much I am enjoying Cuticle Detective Inaba. I really enjoy the absurd comedy it brings. The fan service is a bit on the nose at times but with the pace of the show it doesn't really bother me. The Unlimited continues to be good enough. Nothing extraordinary but decent characters and action. Am I supposed to be rooting for Hyoubo and his gang? They seem like the most likeable of the cast, even if they are a terrorist group. I can't imagine the main series focusing on the trio of girls. Every second they are onscreen they annoy me. I've dropped Maoyu. Nothing really grabbed me. The characters were pretty meh and the overall plot didn't seem very interesting. I'll probably drop Tamako and Senran as well. I caught up on Kotoura-san due to the ot thread. The funniest parts are when it's dark. Otherwise it's a pretty average romcom anime with decent characters. Jojo and Inferno Cop are still the saviours of anime.

OceanBlue

Speaking of which, I just noticed that officially, one of the credits for the show's production is for the Usagiyama Shopping District.

Is that the name of the production committee like how some shows have "Project _____" or something?

Also, I guess to clarify for those who aren't so fond of Ishihara, Utsumi (Animation Do, Hyouka episode 21 since that's fresh in everyone's minds lol) is the episode director. Ishihara and Ishidate are storyboarders. With Ishidate in charge of storyboarding and Ikeda Kazumi as the animation director (she's one of the ADs that gets assigned the bigger projects as far as I know), I'm definitely expecting some nice animation from this episode.

wonzo

Banned
I'll probably get around to watching that sooner than later, do I just watch upto the end of the Yorknew arc and pretend that they never did Greed Island? All I've seen since I've been an anime fan is utter disdain for the Greed Island OVAs. (I assume 2011 is doing a good job with that?)
Yeah the Greed Island stuff, more specifically the 3rd OVA is really bad and thankfully the new series is doing a much, much better job of it.

Thoraxes

Yeah, it never occurred to me until my buddy in Japan and I started talking about CCS and he specifically referred to it as "the birth of moé anime"

It is true that the birth of something is the purest form it will ever be. From there on out, everything is delineation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom