• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever find out what Mr H's mysterious white stuff was?

Did the smoke machine spit something on him? Did he toss some baby powder on before heading to the ring and over do it?

Sephzilla

Did the smoke machine spit something on him? Did he toss some baby powder on before heading to the ring and over do it?

I'm pretty sure the fog machine in his Castle Grayskull was probably just too close to him and didn't properly oxidize

jred2k

It looked like it got shot on to him as he was walking through that prop. The smoke machine might have malfunctioned a little bit and spit out some foam on him or something. It kind of looked like the fluid/foam in a fire extinguisher.

Cagey

Banned
Re-watching WM and just fast-forwarding to the various pop moments, to see how it sounded on TV. Crowd delivered.

Watching on TV, you all missed us booing Make-a-Wish and US troop shots because they involved Cena.

We booed kids dying of cancer and America. John Cena is clearly poison.

EDIT: Zeb Colter's trolling all of the NY-NJ area (Italian, Yiddish in particular) is expert level trolling.

Dinokill

Cena will give a speech tonight!
Cena will invite the Rock to ring to congratulate him.
Once Rock steps in the ring the light goes out
Lights come back and the Shield is beating the crap out of The Rock
Ryback, Sheamus and Orton go out to help the rock
Punk and Lesnar help the shield to overtake the superfaces!
Paul comes and reveals the shield in his payroll, paln to overtake wwe.
Cena is standing in the sideline in disbelief.
So is the shield, punk and Lesnar vs the rock, sheamus, orton and ryback
The superfaces are outnumbered and BOOMMMS here comes Undertaker to save the day.
Before Undetaker hits the ring, Cena hits The undertaker with the bealt.
Cena beats the living hell out of the undertaker
After the beatdown, Cena reveals that he is now a heyman guy. He is sick of pandering little kids and soccer moms and they all can kiss his ass.
Heyman guys vs WWE. It's ON!!!

Ok lets have a vote.

Who thinks Cena's title run will be longer then Punks or he will hold the belt until at least next years mania?

I think there is a good chance, I half expect Rock to challenge Cena for the title at next years mania tonight just to piss the internet off more.

Re-watching WM and just fast-forwarding to the various pop moments, to see how it sounded on TV. Crowd delivered.

Watching on TV, you all missed us booing Make-a-Wish and US troop shots because they involved Cena.

We booed kids dying of cancer and America. John Cena is clearly poison.

EDIT: Zeb Colter's trolling all of the NY-NJ area (Italian, Yiddish in particular) is expert level trolling.

Wow do you people really hate him that bad that you booed a video with him and sick kids? (Not saying you personally but in general)

jred2k

The superfaces are outnumbered and BOOMMMS here comes Undertaker to save the day.
After the beatdown, Cena reveals that he is now a heyman guy. He is sick of pandering little kids and soccer moms and they all can kiss his ass.

I like it. Think of all the different coloured Paul Heyman guy t-shirts we could get.

Cena will hug The Rock.
Cena will say he respects The Rock.
Cena will say that The Rock was his hero and inspiration growing up as a child.
Cena will dedicate the WWE Title to the Troops, and Soccer Moms, and all the sick kids fof the world.
Cena wishes he could kiss all their boo-boos away.
Cena #AnotherDecade
It's ON!!!!

KissVibes

Banned
Ok lets have a vote.

Who thinks Cena's title run will be longer then Punks or he will hold the belt until at least next years mania?

I think there is a good chance,

Cena is holding that belt for two straight years. He'll beat Punk or Sheamas at WM next year and at WM31 he'll lose it to one of the returning "legends."

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
And using that to justify a huge minimum spend per table, on the assumption they'd get to watch mania in acceptable quality.

They deserve to be fucked.
Oh, it's shitty that the bar didn't have a legit viewing of it and he should have taken it up with management, not run to Mr. H's and the Billion Dollar Princess.

Oh, it's shitty that the bar didn't have a legit viewing of it and he should have taken it up with management, not run to Mr. H's and the Billion Dollar Princess.

I did and he fobbed us off. He blamed Sky Box Office for 'letting them down', saying that they had purchased it from Sky Box Office, but then found out they wouldn't be allowed to show it as they weren't a Household - no shit. So they had the internet stream prepared 'just in case'. Yeah. So instead of paying the hundreds required for the commercial feed from Sky Box Office, they've thrown out a horrible internet stream instead. I'm cynical, so I'm going to believe they did that for greater profit margin.

I've sent an email to their head office and I'm awaiting their reply. I do find your stance on this interesting however. Do you feel its acceptable for a Sports Bar that is somewhat established now in our City to lure people in for Wrestlemania and then essentially show a 200kbs (possibly illegal) internet stream at 12am when everyone is hyped?

MG310

So will Triple H get a jobber entrance on the DVD release or will they just come up with a really oversized graphic to cover up the bottom half of him?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I've sent an email to their head office and I'm awaiting their reply. I do find your stance on this interesting however. Do you feel its acceptable for a Sports Bar that is somewhat established now in our City to lure people in for Wrestlemania and then essentially show a 200kbs (possibly illegal) internet stream at 12am when everyone is hyped?
Nah, you can fuck em real good if you want to. I was initially just making a snitch joke due to its relievance in weasslegaf history. Do yo thang bru.

UberTag

Ok lets have a vote.

I think there is a good chance, I half expect Rock to challenge Cena for the title at next years mania tonight just to piss the internet off more.
I've been calling that they'll give Cena the longest title reign streak ever since Punk jobbed his title to DWAYNE at the Rumble.

450+ days at least. Unless he gets hurt. Cena will either defeat Dwayne again at THRICE IN A LIFETIME or end the streak at WM30 before this reign is over.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Cena got TONS of boos that some how didn't translate to TV. Rocky got mostly cheers.

I'm tellin you guys it felt like they were doing something in the sound booth to drop the boos out of the sound. Also notice the weird complete silence from the announce team as Cena walked out.

I'm tellin you guys it felt like they were doing something in the sound booth to drop the boos out of the sound. Also notice the weird complete silence from the announce team as Cena walked out.

Crowd mic - down in the mix
Entrance themes - up in the mix

Bless you, sign guy.

"Cena wins LOL" sign.

"Cena wins LOL"

:jnc

"Cena wins LOL" Sign.

So, signs of the night?

I saw, "If Cena wins we complain about it online."

And, "Cena wins LOL."

My faves.

I was the "Cena Wins LOL" guy. Made it last minute just in case. Glad it paid off. lol

As soon as cena won I knew GAF was going to flood with "worst mania ever". I mean come on dudes. As much as i hate cena wins LOL bullshit the entire undercard delivered. Where it DID fall flat was HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Cena. No one really gave a shit. I expected constant booing throughout the whole match. Instead, they got no reaction at all. Pretty bad. And believer it or not there were a good amount of male cena marks. Hence a decent pop when he won. They booed the entire "passing the torch moment". Can't get any worse than that. They'll never be able to capture that WM20/18 magic. No matter how much Vince tries.

They also need to stop over booking Mania. You can't have a triple main event (35+min a piece) and a bunch of video packages with a big card. They even cut out the national anthem for crying out loud. I haven't watched the TV version yet, but the crowd was VERY loud here and there. Mainly the YES chants and the Punk/Taker match. The sports center pre/post show was an awesome idea. Props for that.

A big FUCK YOU to the stupid roof set up. The palm trees last year was disgusting and got a lot of complaints. How can they make the same fucking mistake again? Paid $850 to have zero view of the stage. On a positive note I didn't have any tall dudes in front or any sign abusers.
The 80k is legit. The stage blocked off a few sections, but floor should make up for that. Plus the stadium has a shit load of suits. The only empty seats i noticed were next to the cameras.

Being there live I'll give it a solid 8. The crowd was hot and fun. Had the Mania NY crowd atmosphere. They just dropped the ball with the booking. Punk/Taker was the main event and would have been a great way to the end the show. Once you give the audience what they want, they don't give a shit for the rest of the show. This has been proven a million damn times.

Going to RAW tonight. Doubt the post Mania magic will be there like last year. Especially since it's at the god awful Izod center.

Ok lets have a vote.

No to both

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A couple more pics from my seat from last night.

TEqJba4.jpg

krae_man

Rock comes out at the end of the night saying he wants Cena to come out once more so he can thank him again. Batista's music plays instnead. Batiata comes out and Batista Bombs The Rock and kicks The Rock's hat.

Batista-Rock for Extreme Rules.

I was the "Cena Wins LOL" guy. Made it last minute just in case. Glad it paid off. lol

Not saying it wasn't you, but I saw more then one.

Stream from wwe.com ended up being a huge clusterfuck, they're giving out refunds because it basically just crapped out for the majority of the event.

Really? me and a bunch of friends watched it off WWE's stream and it was fine. Actually streamed it off X-box Live, I thought it was gonna be a disaster since its their first time doing that but it was great

Sephzilla

I must have went into HHH/Lesnar with really low expectations compared to everyone else, because I thought it was the 2nd best match of the night.

Brinbe

Awesome shots from the floor, guys. I was higher up, and had was just happy I had a clear view of everything. (I imagine I paid a lot less than someone lower in the stadium, but stuck with a pillar in the way) I was able to just take in everything (the crowd, pyro, fireworks, in-ring action) as a complete spectacle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shoot, Killing_Joke was the Cena Wins LOL guy? Awesome brah saw you all night, laughed heartily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom