• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome shots from the floor, guys. I was higher up, and had was just happy I had a clear view of everything. (I imagine I paid a lot less than someone lower in the stadium, but stuck with a pillar in the way) I was able to just take in everything (the crowd, pyro, fireworks, in-ring action) as a complete spectacle.

Ha, I can actually pick myself out in this shot. It helps that I was sitting in an easy to find location and wearing a white shirt.

20k1oD8.jpg

UberTag

never give up. tonight Raw there is still a chance for heel turn.
There's a greater chance of Zombie Benoit rising from the grave and crawling up through the ring to challenge the Undertaker tonight than there is of John Cena turning heel.

Besides, how exactly does a face turn heel in an arena full of fans that are booing everything they do with reckless abandon as a face?
How would you even know he turned heel? The reactions won't change. If the heel turn happens, does he get cheers?

What ruined our night was the sports bar we went too showed WrestleMania from an illegal stream on the internet. No lies. After we had spent £100 on food, they showed an illegal stream from the internet... complete with the streamer's logo.

What a disgrace.

That's awful. I would report those scumbags.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
He was, trying to pull down taker so he could replace him and finally face Punk in the ECW championship match that never was.

I guess no one broke the news to zombie benoit that they kind of ended WWECW :(

Not saying it wasn't you, but I saw more then one.

This one was mine:

From someone who watched at home, an 8 feels too high. That was a 6/10 Mania, at best. Everything except Punk/Taker was mediocre and I almost want to subtract a point because of Rock/Cena.

The atmosphere helps a lot. Last year was amazing, but GAF shat on it a lot too. When I re-watch WM28 now, it's a pretty slow boring show. But at the time it was great and the buzz after the show was really positive. Plus no Cole/Lawler for 4 hours is a nice bonus. Marks are a lot more fun to listen too.

My only true disappointment was Lesnar/HHH. Their brawl on RAW weeks ago was more entertaining than the entire match. It started off great then it slowly drifted off to boreville for the last 10+min...

robot

Pretty awesome experience, cool to see a bunch of others made it there. Here were my seats:

73109_10151402068058105_2009891016_n.jpg

Most of the matches were great, highlight was Undertaker/Punk by a mile. It really peaked at that point. Despite having "good" seats I didn't get to see everything without looking at the screens. Kind of what I expected. Tailgating was awesome, we really lucked out w/ the weather. My cousin went dressed as Randy Savage which resulted in lots of weird shit going on in the parking lot. Good times.

604164_10151402066563105_870764665_n.jpg

c2morg

As Marky as it is I can't see rock doing it without good reason, can imagine he would be more than aware of black lash of a legit walk out from fans

UberTag

As Marky as it is I can't see rock doing it without good reason, can imagine he would be more than aware of black lash of a legit walk out from fans
Most of the fans recognize the current product for the garbage that it is and will respect Dwayne's decision.

KissVibes

Banned
Anyone have an HD cap of the Patrick Star shocked face appearing during any of the matches last night? All the ones on tumblr are caps of some bootleg stream.

Acorn

So Cena won? Lemme guess they shook hands after the win and the rock pointed to cena to acknowledge him as the succesor?

I haven't read the entire thread to see responses of "as it went down" 'mania reactions ... but if people aren't outraged Y2J jobbed to a botched finish on a Disco Inferno rip off, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Seriously. Fandango? The f--- outta here. I could understand if it was to build some heel heat after he got some wins over nobodys .. but Jericho for the first match? le sigh.

The atmosphere helps a lot. Last year was amazing, but GAF shat on it a lot too. When I re-watch WM28 now, it's a pretty slow boring show. But at the time it was great and the buzz after the show was really positive. Plus no Cole/Lawler for 4 hours is a nice bonus. Marks are a lot more fun to listen too.

My only true disappointment was Lesnar/HHH. Their brawl on RAW weeks ago was more entertaining than the entire match. It started off great then it slowly drifted off to boreville for the last 10+min...

I'm not saying you're wrong in any way for having a great time, just mentioning how it felt watching on TV. I'm sure the atmosphere in person is a completely different beast and has an effect on how you judge the event.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I haven't read the entire thread to see responses of "as it went down" 'mania reactions ... but if people aren't outraged Y2J jobbed to a botched finish on a Disco Inferno rip off, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Seriously. Fandango? The f--- outta here.

Jericho only comes back to put people over these days. He even says it himself. He doesn't need to win anymore and he'd rather put over some of the younger guys.

Seriously. Fandango? The f--- outta here. I could understand if it was to build some heel heat after he got some wins over nobodys .. but Jericho? le sigh.

Everyone knew Fandango was going over. Jericho's job is to put over younger talent.

Acorn

So over under on that being The Rocks last match?

If i was him I'd stay the fuck away from such a crap product and continue making movies.

Linkhero1

For our sake, I hope so. He's really, really stinking it up. He's lost everything he used to have.

It's hard to have that when you're not full time and you're only coming back to put over The Prototype. I don't mind him leaving for good, but if he were dedicated to the product we probably would have seen a different Rock.

Jezbollah

Rock will win the Royal Rumble and face Cena at WM30.

No way they dont have the rubber match not be the 30th Wrestlemania main event.

Jericho has say in who he works with and who he doesn't.

I believe this, and I understand he's there to put kids over, but it just felt wasted on Fandango. Not because I don't see potential in the guy, but because I see it as a wasted push this early on.

So over under on that being The Rocks last match?

If i was him I'd stay the fuck away from such a crap product and continue making movies.

Three reasons why he associated himself with the crap product, and will do so again:

Snitch, G.I. Joe, Pain & Gain.

mooooose

The best thing Rock has done since his return is sell Punk's flying clothesline like a fish out of water. That was amazing.

BadAss2961

For our sake, I hope so. He's really, really stinking it up. He's lost everything he used to have.
Really? He had a couple nice exchanges with Cena last night for an older guy that's basically retired. All things considered, somewhere in the middle of the match they picked up the pace and impressed me a little.

Rock was in better wrestling shape than last year, and the match was better because of that.

c2morg

Rock will win the Royal Rumble and face Cena at WM30.

No way they dont have the rubber match not be the 30th Wrestlemania main event.

The fan in my wants to believe it won't happen but the cynic in me know its more than likely. Fuck that shit if it happens. Literally no body wants it. The rock cena build was so horrible.

Lots of Kurt Angle shots during mania last night love to see him back for 30.

Penguin

Finally have some time, most of the show thoughts have been shared, but some odd decision live.

Like during the hour long pre-show they didn't show any of the video packages. So they would show JR and folks talking, and then black screen for like 4-5 minutes

Swagger's intro... was so sad.. didn't even realize he was coming to the ring until he was half way down the ramp.. at first I thought it was just like a clean up crew or something

Cena/Rock.. just came out of nowhere.. I guess was running short on time.. but no build-up, here's Cena's music

It was funny seeing them construct and de-construct sets/performances/intros as quickly as possible.

I still have no idea what role HBK served in that match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom