• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Odds on them leading off with the WHC as the opener!?

I hate that shit.

Extremely high I'd say.

FYI those of you getting an itch for Wrestlemania, the Wrestlemania Nostalgia Stream is up and running all Wrestlemanias until 29!

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4f0bb1d0149a2

If you have a request let me know, I run the channel and can start any Mania you need on command

Put it at the bottom of the OT, might get overlooked so keep advertising.

MG310

Odds on them leading off with the WHC as the opener!?

I hate that shit.

I'm going to go with Hell No vs. Ziggler/Big E or The Shield vs. Sheamus/Orton/Show to get the crowd into it right away.

Swagger/Del Rio might actually be higher up on the card as the lull before the main event.

Royal Rumble annoyed me so much I stopped watching, and apart from punk/taker this card does nothing for me (why the hell does Henry not have a title match?), so I won't be purchasing this.

What's the tagline for Rock/Cena II, "Happend before, Happens Again?"

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm going to go with Hell No vs. Ziggler/Big E or The Shield vs. Sheamus/Orton/Show to get the crowd into it right away.

Swagger/Del Rio might actually be higher up on the card as the lull before the main event.

D.Brine is used to curtain jerking, so I expect a quick 17 second squash.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Low, this year, I don't see it happening before Ziggler's match this time. I'm guessing Jericho/Fandango opens.
Yeah it would be silly to have the WHC match before Ziggler. Gotta keep that tension.

Then again, this is the same company that had a MITB for WHC match as the main event while the actual WHC match was lower down the card. Because, you know, the opportunity to win a briefcase is more important than the title it's for.

Kaladin

5 hours. 5 HOURS.

What do they need an hour pre-show for? Is there going to be an extra pre-show match? More WrestleMania-week recaps?

When it came down to booking the wrasslin, they found out that 4 hours wasn't enough time to include all of the silly celebrity promos and music concerts Mania has to have.

Aiii

So not worth it
5 hours. 5 HOURS.

What do they need an hour pre-show for? Is there going to be an extra pre-show match? More WrestleMania-week recaps?

The pre-show is mostly to sell last-minute buyers on the PPV. They're doing an hour because it's WM and apparently they have something planned with the WWE Active App where you get to vote (I believe on a stipulation for one of the matches at WM).

...are they really doing Rock/Cena AGAIN

Why do you guys keep watching this shit

WK0BgGV.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, Mania stream is where Linda McMahon is paralyzed and in a wheelchair and Vince makes out with a lot of women in front of her. Classy carnie-ass sport.

winstano

Oh god, Mania stream is where Linda McMahon is paralyzed and in a wheelchair and Vince makes out with a lot of women in front of her. Classy carnie-ass sport.

Mania X-Seven is best mania. TLC 2 is up next, which pretty much defined why I watched wrestling when I was 15. Incredible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestle Kingdom VII was close to 5 hours! Belie....I can't even finish that word.

And WRESTLE KINGDOM VII was one of the finest shows I've ever seen. Not a single dull moment (except 20 minutes of analysis in Japanese in a mini-intermission)

Toki767

Man...this year's WrestleMania is going to seem like such a chore to watch. They can't even get a consistently good 3 hour Raw. There's no hope for a decent 5 hour WrestleMania.

...are they really doing Rock/Cena AGAIN

Why do you guys keep watching this shit
Wait. They did Austin/Rock three times. UFC did Sonnen/Silva twice. Why can't they do it? The problem is the build.

And this Mania is no where as bad as Miz/Cena, Orton/Punk squash match, etc.

There are some serious cynics in here. The primary issue is the build. It was really poor.

jmdajr

Wait. They did Austin/Rock three times. UFC did Sonnen/Silva twice. Why can't they do it? The problem is the build.

And this Mania is no where as bad as Miz/Cena, Orton/Punk squash match, etc.

There are some serious cynics in here. The primary issue is the build. It was really poor.

Mayweather fights like what? Once a year? I think it's fair really, but no one likes the build, and no one likes Cena. I mean really, that is the biggest problem for most

Personally the Rock has surprised me for showing up a lot more than I thought he would.
A bit disappointed with the matches, but he is more than welcome to come on the show.
I think he's still entertaining enough.

Kaladin

WWE® and The Rock Unveil “Rockpocalypse” Mobile Game

STAMFORD, Conn. -- WWE, in partnership with WWE Champion Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, today announced its first-ever 3D action mobile game titled WWE Presents: Rockpocalypse. The free mobile app is available for download from Apple iTunes and Google Play for use on iOS iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices.

“This is WWE’s first ‘action strategy’ game and we’re thrilled that WWE Champion The Rock is right at the center of it,” said Perkins Miller, Executive Vice President of Digital Media, WWE. “Our fans have come to expect compelling content from WWE on every platform and this high energy game with customizable experiences will once again deliver.”

“I am excited to partner with WWE and some of the best game developers in the world to bring something cool for fans to play,” said The Rock. "Boots to Asses style app…this will be fun!”

The game takes place on the set of a fictional Hollywood studio where The Rock is filming his latest blockbuster. Without warning, everyone around him is infected with a disease and starts changing into destructive personalities. The Rock must discover the truth behind the contagion and put an end to it. Players control The Rock as he powers through each battle, all the while looking for clues to help unravel the mystery and stop the contagion. Available in-app purchases for equipment and skills allow players to enhance their game play.

The app was built in partnership with Thruster, a division of BottleRocket.

Ithil

Fucking Jericho wasted on that Fandango shit.

Is he? I rather like Fandango. I don't get this thing where people complain that no new talent ever gets a shot, then when they do they say "oh not him I want a DIFFERENT new talent".

The only one I'll never accept being pushed is Bo Dallas, and that's for good reason. Even Ryback I'm ok with him getting put over by Henry even if I like Henry a lot more.

jmdajr

austin rock they did every 2 years and each time the fued was totally different.

this is literally a copy and paste job.

But it's for the WWE title! :)

For real, it's not exactly the same. The trash talking is not like last time, but there is only so much you can do if no one is playing a HEEL, and one is part time. Understandable.

austin rock 1 face vs heel
austn rock 2 face vs face
austin rock 3 face vs "heel"

But it's not fair really. You can't really beat Austin vs Rock no matter what you do.
Yet, what other high profile match can they have besides say Austin vs Cena?
None really.

well for starters they could book a achamp who shows up(even via satalite). they have been in the ring together once. no epic stardowns or sick burns.

plus this whole redemption arc for cena is a load of crock

jmdajr

well for starters they could book a achamp who shows up(even via satalite). they have been in the ring together once. no epic stardowns or sick burns.

plus this whole redemption arc for cena is a load of crock

We know Rock is never going to be there fulltime, so that's NEVER going to change.
Sure, the time they did have could have been better. But without one of them being the HEEL, I don't see how you change the feud. Verbally there is nothing to add really, so then you could go with beat downs. I'm all for Cena showing up at talk shows/red carpet and fighting Rock, but.. It didn't happen! cry* In real sports a rematch is just a rematch, but in wrestling people expect more.

Nebula

Is he? I rather like Fandango. I don't get this thing where people complain that no new talent ever gets a shot, then when they do they say "oh not him I want a DIFFERENT new talent".

The only one I'll never accept being pushed is Bo Dallas, and that's for good reason. Even Ryback I'm ok with him getting put over by Henry even if I like Henry a lot more.

ZC26GxD.jpg

I enjoy FAHN DAHN GOH as well. It's nice to see him getting such a good chance. A lot of people probably thing he came out of nowhere which is why they dislike him so much, but he's been in development for years.

Also his gimmick is done very well by him.

We know Rock is never going to be there fulltime, so that's NEVER going to change.
Sure, the time they did have could have been better. But without one of them being the HEEL, I don't see how you change the feud. Verbally there is nothing to add really, so then you could go with beat downs. I'm all for Cena showing up at talk shows/red carpet and fighting Rock, but.. It didn't happen! cry* In real sports a rematch is just a rematch, but in wrestling people expect more.

i like this analogy. if they wanted to do redemption for cena then why not do it. WWE's booking can be so lazy and haphazerd. This is the main event, and i could give 2 shits about it.

The biggest event of the year feels like just another ppv when it should be so much more. so its not wrong to expect something more

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
For anyone going to the event.

Guests are welcome to carry in to MetLife Stadium the following items:

Bags or purses that are 12-by-12-by-12 inches or less in size (all bags and other carried items will be subject to search)
Food contained in a clear plastic bag
Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services team members).
Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length
Jackets or blankets after being patted down or searched

Guests may NOT carry-in to MetLife Stadium the following items:

Bottles, cans, hard-sided coolers, thermoses or ice chests
Alcohol of any kind
Weapons or anything that can be used as a projectile or is deemed dangerous by MetLife Stadium management
Umbrellas, strollers, balls of any kind including full-sized footballs, laser pointers, or Frisbees
Single-purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6"
Any animal with the exception of a service animal
Any other item deemed inappropriate by MetLife Stadium management

sorry guys, no weapons!
Weapons are located under the ring.

jmdajr

Also his gimmick is done very well by him.

The feud is going good in my opinion. It's been sold well with seemingly legit heat between the competitors.

"Who does this nobody think he is?!" Now all he has to do is prove it in the ring.
Just don't get him involved with Cena and he might get some more decent feuds.

Nebula

i like this analogy. if they wanted to do redemption for cena then why not do it. WWE's booking can be so lazy and haphazerd. This is the main event, and i could give 2 shits about it.

The biggest event of the year feels like just another ppv when it should be so much more. so its not wrong to expect something more

I wouldn't have an issue with the fued if they actually built Cena and Rock up all year and had Cena suffer a huge amount of losses but they didn't. This basically could have built itself to be honest and it would have required little writing effort. If they did bother to put effort into the build up and story, they could have built this fantastically. But no, they were hoping we would all forget that Cena has basically been himself and has been winning since last Wrestlemania. It's shoddy writing and planning.

BFIB

I'm watching Sunflowers stream.

Funny how WWE completely skipped over HHH/Takers first matchup at WM when they relit their feud over the past few years.

jmdajr

I wouldn't have an issue with the fued if they actually built Cena and Rock up all year and had Cena suffer a huge amount of losses but they didn't. This basically could have built itself to be honest and it would have required little writing effort. If they did bother to put effort into the build up and story, they could have built this fantastically. But no, they were hoping we would all forget that Cena has basically been himself and has been winning since last Wrestlemania. It's shoddy writing and planning.

I'm not that bent out of shape about it, but ignoring Brock Cena is pretty silly.
Extreme Rules got a lot of buys. Heck, it was a contender for match of the hear in my book.
Way better than Rock/Cena.

BFIB

The issue with Rock/Cena is you have one guy who can't keep up anymore, which means the other guy has to carry.

And Cena can't carry matches. Its going to be a stinkfest.

Dead Man

They didn't even need Rock to show up. just have Cena lose a few, have some promos about WM breaking him, have Rock cut one ignoring him, have him lose a few more matches, and boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom