• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
There's 2-3 people that are salty about this outcome. Everyone else knew that this would be the most probable outcome. Stop trying to extract salt out of a block of ice.

this. Most of us called this when Boreton won MITB. That same night we called it.

I'm just happy DBry won clean. Cena is tapping, ever so a clean win that came without some shitty rollup was the best possible outcome

That finish put Bryan on another level. Stone Cold vs. The Corporation version 2 is a very good idea. On top of that Cena can finally get some well earned time off.

Stone Cold losing to Bret elevated him and Bryan getting screwed by HHH and Orton will do the same. Great booking.

Maddocks

least it had two positives. Brock vs cm and cena vs d bry. good matches. I cant get over randy being champ again. I find him very boring, but that's just me.

BadAss2961

Guys. Let's not forget.

CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
CENA LOST CLEAN.
But dat elbow. Dat swollen eye.

Not squeaky clean.

remnant

Banned
There's 2-3 people that are salty about this outcome. Everyone else knew that this would be the most probable outcome. Stop trying to extract salt out of a block of ice.

Are you reading this thread?

If someone asked me of a more boring wrestler than Cena, I'd immediately say Orton, then HHH.

These are the top three guys in the company at the moment surrounding the WWE title.

Fucking lols

I love wrasslegaf meltdowns.

I'm fine with Orton cashing in and winning, I get that direction. What I don't like is mixing in HHH and the McMahon drama garbage that will follow.

I wonder if Bryan will get the title off of Orton, or if we're going to see him descend with a HHH feud, and then whatever else.

I can see Orton holding for a long, long time. Heel Orton is at least interesting.

I also really despise the idea of a face Vince vs. Heel HHH. I hope they ditch that and just make them all heels. No one needs to see HHH vs. Vince

Joeki11a

Banned
He just beat the biggest star in the industry clean at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year, and is seemingly going to be involved in the biggest feud in the company now. I know the IWC is prone to exaggeration, but geez.

His World title run was better

And again beating cena means nothing

Bryan doesnt see him as wrestler

Stop grasping to that

Bryan in the chase is wayy better than bryan being champ at this point.

THis could be some Stonr cold/mcmahan level stuff if they play their cards rights

krae_man

Bryan got a clean win over John Cena.

How many clean wins over John Cena can you name?

Since Cena won his first WWE title? HHH(Multiple times), Great Khali, HBK, JBL, Randy Orton(Multiple times), Batista, Sheamus, The Rock, Edge, I can go on.

How many have Made Cena tap? 0

Sabucin

Batista is too good for the WWE now and Ric Flair is crazy. Ryback can be the new Batista. Who is the oldest person in the WWE to replace Flair? RVD? Get him.

HHH can get the Flair spot, Orton can be the HHH, and two other younger stars and we got Evolution 2.0

hlhbk

With the tlak of Batista coming back, flair already in the WWE fold, and its allowing the greatness that is known as evil heel HHH to return I am willing to sacrifice Daniel Bryan as WWE champ thank you very much.

Ithil

The folks spamming "lol u mad" type pictures are baffling. Who is being salty here? Everyone knew this ending was coming.

His World title run was better

And again beating cena means nothing

Bryan doesnt see him as wrestler

Stop grasping to that

izeChESYXzyfs.gif

UberTag

Since Cena won his first WWE title the only times he lost clean with no interference was against HBK, Rock, and now Bryan so that is definitely a short list.
There was a clean loss or two to Edge back in the day.
Cena wasn't as protective about not losing clean in matches until after that feud ended in 2006.

remnant

Banned
this. A minority of us called this when Boreton won MITB. That same night we called it.

I'm just happy DBry won clean. Cena is tapping, ever so a clean win that came without some shitty rollup was the best possible outcome

Read that thread again. Most people were crying that Bryan losing meant his push was over

Ultratech

Bryan in the chase is wayy better than bryan being champ at this point.

THis could be some Stonr cold/mcmahan level stuff if they play their cards rights

Probably.

I was kinda pissed at how it all went down, but now I'm just curious to see where it all leads to.

On the plus side, CENA GOT BEAT CLEAN!

Here's the thing, the ending wasn't focused on a WRESTLER. If was focused on the part-time, spotlight hog. Cole wasn't screaming "Why did Orton do this?!?" it was "Why HHH WHY?" The main focus needs to be on the active performers, not HHH. The WWE could have booked the same finish with Orton being a dirty heel and flattening Bryan with a chair from behind, or the RKO out of nowhere, but no it had to be HHH turning. Bah

Aiii

So not worth it
Since Cena won his first WWE title? HHH(Multiple times), Great Khali, HBK, JBL, Randy Orton(Multiple times), Batista, Sheamus, The Rock, Edge, I can go on.

How many have Made Cena tap? 0

10 years worth of matches and you can actually name his clean losses.

Think about how many top wrestlers you can actually do that for.

Paracelsus

Fucking lols

I love wrasslegaf meltdowns.

I'm not full of shit like that sign, I stopped watching WWE for over six months in 2009 because I couldn't bear it anymore. They are just too boring, their matches are boring, the scripts are boring. They have to stay away from the damn WWE title.

Oh, and don't get me started on HHH vs Orton.

Knox

Best case scenario really. A popular face chasing the title is more entertaining than a face holding the title (see most of Punk's run as a face). Bryan barely had any time chasing, and now he's got really good motivation. Plus, more important than leaving with the title, is getting the clean win on Cena which he did.

Cena got pinned with no outside interference. Fuckin' hell.

It's gonna be so, so sweet when I can properly mark out for Bryan winning the title without knowing he's gonna be cashed in on. Wonder whether they can keep it going to the Rumble? Strap that fucking rocket to Bryan.

That belt looks amazing on RKO's shoulder. It's almost like it's custom made for him.

We did it Net_Wrecker! We did it!

Wait a minute, don't drag me into your celebration. Orton's your guy, dream. If he becomes "Mr Kicking people in the head, RKOing women, and asploding wrestlers with pyro" again, THEN you can put me back on the bandwagon.

So what are you thoughts on Cena coming back and winning the rumble and Cena versus Ortan and mania?

I have a feeling Punk might get the Rumble this year. He's shipped a lot of losses and is still the most over guy on the roster. The Bryan thing doesn't need a title, his new goal will probably be a long and winding road to Triple H at Wrestlemania, a match he'll probably win in dubious fashion after being destroyed by Levesque for 90% of it.

Apdiddy

I wanted Daniel Bryan to win and keep the title, but I remembered that this is the WWE so I knew he would lose the title very quickly. Vince McMahon seems to be almost vindictive to wrestlers who don't have the "WWE look" or weren't "WWE creations." So he rewards a guy that should have been FE'ed a long time ago.

Gotta love HHH. He's the same HHH that forced a referee to reverse a decision against Chris Jericho to stroke his own ego.

Azuran

Banned
He just beat the biggest star in the industry clean at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year, and is seemingly going to be involved in the biggest feud in the company now. I know the IWC is prone to exaggeration, but geez!

Wrestling fans are never happy unless their favorites have 1000+ days reigns while burying the stars they blindly hate like Cena and Sheamus.

Zep

Banned
That finish put Bryan on another level. Stone Cold vs. The Corporation version 2 is a very good idea. On top of that Cena can finally get some well earned time off.

Stone Cold losing to Bret elevated him and Bryan getting screwed by HHH and Orton will do the same. Great booking.

Count me as someone who doesn't think Bryan could carry that type of angle. But times are different, so I'd be pleasantly surprised if he could make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom