• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

rezn0r

Is Rare Replay worth $10? I never had an N64, so playing some of those games would be nice. I actually own the physical NES cartridges of those games included.

don't take this as an insult but that's a ridiculous question, it was worth $60! it's packed with awesome things.

Picked up Trackmania Turbo, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Titanfall 2, and Metro Redux. Probably pick up Recore when it hits unless I can get a copy shipped from Walmart for their store price, since I don't really need that digitally like I did Titanfall.

Is Rare Replay worth $10? I never had an N64, so playing some of those games would be nice. I actually own the physical NES cartridges of those games included.
It's worth more than the original price it was at launch. Go get it.

don't take this as an insult but that's a ridiculous question, it was worth $60! it's packed with awesome things.
It really is.

I bought it at launch. There is so much value packed in Rare Replay it's not even funny. It's like a Video Game Museum.
Collecting stamps and completing snapshots made playing the games a lot more fun. I love it.

kevin1025

Banned

It is worth every penny of that price and more. At that price, Grabbed by the Ghoulies alone is worth it! Everything in the package is good stuff.

Ushay

That Metro bundle is fuckin insane value. £4 for 2 top quality games, I'm pulling the trigger on this sumbich!

Megatron

My haul:
Batman telltale season 1
Megaman Legacy Collection
Rare Replay
Soul Calubur 2
Soul Calibur 5
Duck Tales

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Probably been said already but worth mentioning again. Witcher 3 is £12.50 if you have Gold. The GOTY is £17.50! During the recent GOG sale, owned by CD Projekt, the PC version was £21 so £17.50 is by far the best deal yet. With both expansions the game can easily give you 150 hours of gameplay so that price is absolute steal.

Wedzi

Banned
Thinking about picking up XCOM 2 since I have some Xbox cash lying around but I might wait and see if Dark Souls 3 or Infinite Warfare goes on sale over black friday.

Some good sales in their for GOTY editions. Arkham Knight, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition and Witcher 3 are all pretty great deals.

baconcow

Nice, Rare Replay for $9.90. Have not played my Xbox 360 in forever, and I do not have an Xbox One, but I have $11.60 in credit that expires out on December 1, 2016, so I might as well use it and have them for when I eventually get the Scorpio. Now, to find a 2-day gold pass in one of my old Xbox 360 games.

Fordy

Are these games on sale through to 28th?

Looking at it on the XB1 Store they have "3 days remaining", so will we getting new deals after that? Only reason I ask is I was holding off until SONY's sale to compare prices.

bman94

• Batman - The Telltale Series - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) - $19.99 > $13.39
• Batman - The Telltale Series - Episode 1: Realm Of Shadows - $4.99 > Free
• Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - $59.99 > $19.80
• Dishonored Definitive Edition - $19.99 > $10.00
• Mad Max - $19.99 > $11.99
• Mega Man Legacy Collection - $14.99 > $6.00

Xbox 360:
• Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night - $9.99 > $3.49 Backwards Compatible
• Capcom Arcade Cabinet : All-In-One Pack - $24.99 > $9.99 Backwards Compatible
• Fable II - $19.99 > $6.99 Backwards Compatible
• Fable III - $19.99 > $6.99

Damn, I might be down for all of this.

dLMN8R

Two games I'm considering:

Battlefield 1: I know this game's supposed to be amazing, but I'm currently happy enough playing Overwatch and Titanfall 2 online. I'm not sure I need another online shooter right now. And while I've heard the campaign is amazing, I'm better that by the time I truly have a chance to dig into BF1, it'll be discounted further, or maybe even in the EA Access Vault by then.

Symphony of the Night: I know how amazing this game is because I played it years ago. But from the screenshots it looks like it's all severely letterboxed - not just horizontally, I expect that since it's a 4:3 game, but borders on the top and bottom too? That seems really crappy. Is it optional?

baconcow

I have $1.70 of soon-expiring credit. What to buy? Edit: Will probably wait for the next set of sales and see if I can find anything close and just add the difference.

NeOak

Two games I'm considering:

Battlefield 1: I know this game's supposed to be amazing, but I'm currently happy enough playing Overwatch and Titanfall 2 online. I'm not sure I need another online shooter right now. And while I've heard the campaign is amazing, I'm better that by the time I truly have a chance to dig into BF1, it'll be discounted further, or maybe even in the EA Access Vault by then.

Symphony of the Night: I know how amazing this game is because I played it years ago. But from the screenshots it looks like it's all severely letterboxed - not just horizontally, I expect that since it's a 4:3 game, but borders on the top and bottom too? That seems really crappy. Is it optional?
Check DF Retro's video on SOTN. John covers the 360 port too.

It's the best value games compilation ever released. It was a steal at $30; $10 is an an absolute no-brainer. There are multiple games on there that would be worth $10 by themselves.

Anybody who owns an XBox One should own Rare Replay.

I just bought it in the sale, and I'm going to sell my physical copy.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Just playing Overwatch just now. Damn it's good.

One question does the game remain balanced or will I end up playing with people way better than me?

im_dany

• Batman - The Telltale Series - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)
• Battlefield 1
• Far Cry Primal - Apex Edition
• Forza Motorsport 5
• Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
• Trials Of The Blood Dragon

Thinking about these, anything I should know? I only picked up Symphony of the Night right now because I own most of the others

jesu

It is for the 360 games, and Grabbed By The Ghoulies is decent.
The rest are dire though.

Akai__

Bought:

Hitman (Complete Season)
Shadows of Mordor
Song of the Deep

Waiting until the 25th now. Lets see what deals they will have. Watch Dogs 2 would make me buy it the same second. If not, no biggie.

Top Bottom