• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

xboxster

Still waiting on games that are actually console or 360 exclusive.

Where the hell is Skate 3? At least that one is actually listed as coming.

Apples_89

Although Bioshock Infinite was one of the games that was confirmed to arrive via BC at some point, do you guys think they would revoke that promise if the rumoured Remastered Trilogy gets announced?

xboxster

all the Gears of War are BC. Close to 200 titles are now.

skate 3 isn't exclusive and black ops 1 was listed as coming too...

Skate 3 is console exclusive, as I said. And 200 titles sure does sound like a lot, but what percent of console/360 exclusives have been added to the list?

Here's what I'm still waiting on for BC.

Console Exclusive:
Condemned 2
Dante's Inferno
Midnight Club LA
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Red Dead Redemption (and DLC)
Skate series
Sonic Unleashed
Spider-Man Edge of Time
SSX
Stuntman Ignition
Simpsons Game
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

360 exclusive:
Ace Combat 6
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Forza Horizon
Project Gotham Racing 4
Saint's Row

And last I checked none of those are on PC.

Bizzquik

I'm happy others are happy.

But I'm ready for another long single-player RPG game to end up on Backward Compatibility. I want Blue Dragon, Mass Effect 2&3, Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age, etc.

muzzymate

Although Bioshock Infinite was one of the games that was confirmed to arrive via BC at some point, do you guys think they would revoke that promise if the rumoured Remastered Trilogy gets announced?

I sure hope not. While I'd almost certainly buy the remaster, I would not like the fact that they told us it was coming but never delivered due to a business reason, rather than technical. The BioShock trilogy is one of my highest anticipated titles to come to backwards compatibility.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
I sure hope not. While I'd almost certainly buy the remaster, I would not like the fact that they told us it was coming but never delivered due to a business reason, rather than technical. The BioShock trilogy is one of my highest anticipated titles to come to backwards compatibility.

Me too. I'm saving Burial at Sea for when it becomes BC.

I have a stack of 360 games I'd love to replay before new instalments release, like Mass Effect 2 and 3, crackdown and Mirrors Edge. bio shock trilogy, too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Has some minor fps drops in multiplayer, but runs pretty well otherwise! It has 14,000 people online, too. Pretty healthy population.

n7NzLhi.png

eGkHkup.png

Will upload more pictures later.

muzzymate

Has some minor fps drops in multiplayer, but runs pretty well otherwise!

Awesome! Was worried for a 60fps full 3D game. Glad to hear only some minor drops with the emulation. Awesome job by the backwards compatibility team!

Now let's bring on the Bioshock trilogy! :)

Robert807

It sure be nice to get the ghostbusters video game that came out a bunch of years ago. I think the company that made the game closed down. Was it terminal reality I think that made the game.

$39.99 on the Xbox Store for Black Ops.

I'mGood

Other than that, reallyyyyyyyyyy great that they finally announced it. I photoshopped it into my Games & Apps like 2 days ago to fool some friends. (got bored, honestly)

RavenH2

Well now it seems that Activision is fully on board bringing CoD to BC. Let's hope sales pickup and publishers realize they can get money from BC.

muzzymate

I'm excited to play it but I think this is what I'm most excited about. This and RDR so people can stop dropping their "funny" one liners every time BC games get announced that aren't those.

Nah, I think the Skate people will be there to take BLOPS' place as the backward compatibility announcements "FIRST!" comments.

Tapejara

Think I might pick up Black Ops. $9.99 is hard to resist.

Has some minor fps drops in multiplayer, but runs pretty well otherwise! It has 14,000 people online, too. Pretty healthy population.

Will upload more pictures later.

Man, those screenshots really make you appreciate the leap in resolution/image quality we've had this generation.

gossi

Think I might pick up Black Ops. $9.99 is hard to resist.

Man, those screenshots really make you appreciate the leap in resolution/image quality we've had this generation.

Yeah, I put 3 hours into Black Ops today. The gameplay is great, but the graphics are not so great in 2016. The title is only 5 years old but some of the maps look properly pixelated, and there's so many terrible textures.

Also, 75k concurrent Black Ops players right now. By the weekend the numbers will be crazy.

The huge leap in concurrent players is pretty solid indication that there is a healthy current market for BC. Seems likely that a small percentage of those players that logged in just in the first hours today on X1 bought the digital title and that more might have purchased DLC. That's a pretty compelling case for bringing sought-after titles from last gen forward when the publisher didn't have to spend a dime doing so and says to me that there's zero incentive to deny older titles their inclusion as part of MS' program as some have suggested is happening. At this point, I'm not sure that there will ever be strong enough evidence to say that a remaster's sales benefits from holding a BC version back.

Atomized

Banned
I feel like the reason we haven't seen Crackdown or Halo wars yet is they plan on re-releasing/remastering them for the upcoming sequels.

I feel like the reason we haven't seen Crackdown or Halo wars yet is they plan on re-releasing/remastering them for the upcoming sequels.

Nothing against you, so don't take this the wrong way, but I do enjoy when people come here and say "can't wait until x" is available haha. We had someone last page fantasizing about when multi-disk games would be available even though Deus Ex happened last week :p

Just funny is all :p

Atomized

Banned
Crackdown should be coming, but probably in time for the new CD3 as a bonus. Halo Wars has been available for some time now.

Alright, good to know. thank you.

Crackdown should be coming, but probably in time for the new CD3 as a bonus. Halo Wars has been available for some time now.

Sorry I am new to the forums, didn't realize how often these threads get bumped without the original post being edited. I did use the search feature for crackdown but not halo wars, that's my bad.

But seriously, if the OP has that much mis information it's not very useful to keep bumping the thread... guess i'm part of the problem now.

Top Bottom