• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Alright, good to know. thank you.

Sorry I am new to the forums, didn't realize how often these threads get bumped without the original post being edited. I did use the search feature for crackdown but not halo wars, that's my bad.

But seriously, if the OP has that much mis information it's not very useful to keep bumping the thread... guess i'm part of the problem now.
What misinformation is there? I just updated it a week ago. There's like 6 games missing that need to be added.

Halo Wars is there. Crackdown isn't since it isn't confirmed (although you will see I have in the general notes that MS said they would like to include all first party games that aren't Kinect). I fail to see where my OP mislead anything.

Might I also add that it's in alphabetical order so it really isn't hard to find what games are available.

Woo! My fav, the best CoD ever! Black Ops 1! :D

I have the disc of course but I'm tempted to get it digital just because I'm lazy and I wouldn't have to have it in each time I wanted to play... hmm, will wait and see how many people in my region are even playing multiplayer still first I guess.

Atomized

Banned
What misinformation is there? I just updated it a week ago. There's like 6 games missing that need to be added.

Halo Wars is there. Crackdown isn't since it isn't confirmed (although you will see I have in the general notes that MS said they would like to include all first party games that aren't Kinect). I fail to see where my OP mislead anything.

Might I also add that it's in alphabetical order so it really isn't hard to find what games are available.

As per your earlier post.

Facts:

Multi-disk games currently not working

Although Bioshock Infinite was one of the games that was confirmed to arrive via BC at some point, do you guys think they would revoke that promise if the rumoured Remastered Trilogy gets announced?
That would suck. I bought it digitally last year for like 7.50 because they advertised it as coming soon. Not out any real money but the principle of it would suck.

mike4001_

Man, those screenshots really make you appreciate the leap in resolution/image quality we've had this generation.

"For Black Ops, there have been changes. To the PS3 version at least. The Xbox 360 version remains the same (our measurement comes in at 1040x608 with 2x MSAA) but it appears to be the case that the PS3 game has been reduced to 960x544, again with 2x MSAA."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff

CoD did never run at a full 720p.

That´s why it´s even "more" pixelated :)

Hasney

"For Black Ops, there have been changes. To the PS3 version at least. The Xbox 360 version remains the same (our measurement comes in at 1040x608 with 2x MSAA) but it appears to be the case that the PS3 game has been reduced to 960x544, again with 2x MSAA."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff

CoD did never run at a full 720p.

That´s why it´s even "more" pixelated :)

I need more sleep. Laughing hard at the URL shortening in the post comes out as 'dick-ops-faceoff'

im_dany

46k ppl playing mp two hours ago, almost 2k more in zombies. I dont know how it was until yesterday but those are pretty good numbers for a 6-years old game.

MilkyJoe

People need to start up-voting the Ghostbusters game. So under-rated, and one of my favourites from last gen

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility/suggestions/8378547-ghostbusters

404381-ghostbusters-the-video-game-xbox-360-screenshot-times-square.jpg

How can you say no to that face?

Man I totally forgot about the awesome Mattrick interviews. That dude cost MS a lot of money. Imagine if that nightmare man still worked for them. This quote is really funny in hindsight.

Don Mattrick: 'If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards'

The thread title is a joke on people saying nobody would actually use it... how do people still not get this?
Yep ^^^...its just all in good fun people. :p

Also, just updated the OT to remove the "multi-disk not currently supported" line. Will add the 6 or so games added over the past week tonight when I get back to the hotel :)

Backlogger

Roughly, yes. We'll know if it sustains at weekend.

Black Ops was by far the number one most requested title, so not a huge shock.

I wasn't gonna spend $10 on it but I caved because of the GAF pressure/hype. Probably won't be able to play it until the weekend though. So yeah, weekend numbers should be interesting.

Hasney

We're less than a month away from RDR2 being announced along with Skate 4 with their BC prequels then coming. At least I hope so.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit has a new digital listing on Amazon that says "Plays on Xbox One" for a June 14th release. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FUSVKY6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Other EA games: Dragon Age 2, Burnout Revenge, Fight Night Round 4 are also listed for June 14th, but do not have "Plays on Xbox One" on the card.

Also worth noting that EA Access will be free for all gold members from June 12-22, so this would be a nice way to get new members :p

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-access-will-be-free-for-10-days-report/1100-6439911/

Top Bottom