• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

I had a ps3 last gen and I find I'm revising all these games for Xbox one. Funny to replay them take screenshots, only play on one system.

And all this June stuff makes sense. E3 and all that.

Is there any other ea game on back compat besides dead space. That game is a ea access game too. I'd love it if all their back compat games were on that. I mean they've given out all but 3 of their Xbox one games (I think ufc 2, battlefront and need for speed are the only ones not in)

slapnuts

I agree with the thread title. Its one of those things lots of people rave about but very few use it. Majority of people i know have no desire to play last gen games, one of the biggest reasons i hear is that how long that generation was. I just feel a lot of folks are just too tired of last generation visuals. The end of last gen was so hard to swallow...eek

UraMallas

It would be a strange one o bring back, they turned the servers off didn't they?

I never even liked the online. Barely played it. Played the crap out of Revenge on OG Xbox so I didn't play the 360 version as much, but after the disappointment that was Paradise, I would LOVE if it came back. I'd probably try for the full-star license again. Miss dat traffic checking goodness.

I agree with the thread title. Its one of those things lots of people rave about but very few use it. Majority of people i know have no desire to play last gen games, one of the biggest reasons i hear is that how long that generation was. I just feel a lot of folks are just too tired of last generation visuals. The end of last gen was so hard to swallow...eek

This is such an odd post so far in to this thread when everybody is talking about how much fun they are having with it. Be honest, how many posts did you read before you posted this? The thread title is a joke.

I had a ps3 last gen and I find I'm revising all these games for Xbox one. Funny to replay them take screenshots, only play on one system.

And all this June stuff makes sense. E3 and all that.

Is there any other ea game on back compat besides dead space. That game is a ea access game too. I'd love it if all their back compat games were on that. I mean they've given out all but 3 of their Xbox one games (I think ufc 2, battlefront and need for speed are the only ones not in)
Peggle (vault game)
Dead Space (vault game)
Mirrors Edge
NBA Jam On Fire Edition
Left 4 Dead 2

Ironic post.. lol

RedRum

Banned

Did you happen to hear about any of the numbers when Black Ops was released yesterday for BC?

Is this some sort of dumb troll post?

Backlogger

P7LE9ka.gif

amdb00mer

I want Need for Speed Most wanted by Criterion. Never finished it.

Good game. I prefer the original Most Wanted though. Although I completed it and got 1000G so no need to replay it. However any EA game that is still digitally available will probably make the leap to BC given time. I really need to revisit the Army of Two games. I never finished any of them.

pacman85

nice quality troll! everything you look for in a trolling type post. a post that contradicts with everything on most of the pages of this thread, probably this person's only post in this thread so definitely a drive-by, just agrees with the title of the thread so they clearly didn't read any of the posts, and then uses phrases like "most of the people i know". A for effort!

Hawk269

Did you just read the thread title and post this garbage? Try reading a few pages and there is a lot of people interested and using BC. Don't get your post at all. Seems like you posted that just to get some attention, if that is so, good job!

josh924

Banned
Why they didn't make that a launch game for the XB1 is beyond me. The game could have badly used it from a graphics and stability standpoint.

Yeah, not to mention the fact that it was released about a year before the proper 10-year anniversary of Fable. In fact, if the release date listed on GameFAQs is accurate, it wasn't even released in the same month as the original Fable.

As Outlaw Torn stated only Dead Space and Plants vs Zombies are in there. I don't think they will add Mirror's Edge until Mirror's Edge Catalyst sales slow down. Mirror's Edge is currently a pre-order bonus if i'm not mistaken.

Dead Space and Plants vs Zombies are in the only 360 games in the vault.
Thanks. I'll probably be getting catalyst on PS4 but might grab a cheap disc for 360 if I see one. I originally had the game on PS3 but don't only have X1 and PS4 at home right now.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, not to mention the fact that it was released about a year before the proper 10-year anniversary of Fable. In fact, if the release date listed on GameFAQs is accurate, it wasn't even released in the same month as the original Fable.

Yep. Still enjoyed it, as I grabbed it after they came out with the patches that stopped most of the serious showstopping bugs, but was still such a missed opportunity, especially now that a Fable game on XB1 seems increasingly unlikely.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Good games are timeless regardless of their graphics and technology.

I really can't believe that there is still no mention of Radiant Silvergun. That is easily one of the biggest games on 360 I figured that they would have tried to get that up as quick as possible. Maybe they are saving it for a huge announcement at e3.

Bread

Banned
I really can't believe that there is still no mention of Radiant Silvergun. That is easily one of the biggest games on 360 I figured that they would have tried to get that up as quick as possible. Maybe they are saving it for a huge announcement at e3.
i've never even heard of that game

I figured that they would have tried to get that up as quick as possible. Maybe they are saving it for a huge announcement at e3.

Did Treasure self-publish this game on XBLA? They have to give their OK, so it's not just on MS. If any other companies are involved they probably have to give their OK as well. If they have any plans of re-selling the game in the future they may elect not to allow BC. We just don't know.

My point is it's not just up to MS when these things don't happen.

EvB

Hate to agree with a Steelers fan (;p) but, yes, now that Multi-disc is confirmed how long until we see Lost Odyssey?

I'd guess it'd be at E3, a "... and today we're announcing another 100 BC titles!" kind of thing.

They made a (relatively) big ordeal out of Black Ops going BC, released all by its lonesome, so I think they'd do something similar for the other largely requested titles.

I'd guess it'd be at E3, a "... and today we're announcing another 100 BC titles!" kind of thing.

They made a (relatively) big ordeal out of Black Ops going BC, released all by its lonesome, so I think they'd do something similar for the other largely requested titles.

Yeah, Lost Odyssey being finally being announced playable would garner a nice reaction at E3. Just stinks to have to wait a little longer. ;p

sam777

I feel like such an idiot for not putting my SSX save on the cloud when I had it, I played the shit out of that game and levelled up many characters and had some great equpiment. Alas I will conquer the mountains again.

Top Bottom