• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

I had a fair bit of credit in my MS account after the points conversion. It'll just go to waste really as I don't have any plans on buying an Xbox One, so what the hell...

sKUfDCe.png

Phaezyk

I feel like maybe this game will pick up traction once the holidays are over; I know I want to play this and I will buy it but I'm not getting my Xbone until the Sunset Overdrive bundle releases...

jayvo

Oh what the hell, I'll buy it. Kinda puts me in the mind of Walking Dead anyway. And I loved those games. Buying it right now....

BadRamen

Bought and downloaded this last night. Flipped some toilet seats and can't wait to play more this weekend so I can sink some serious teeth in this game! :D

I couldn't even imagine having my game treated like that by a publishing company. I would be so upset. I wish him and D4 nothing but success. If this were on PS4, I would buy it right away.

It seemed like Microsoft stealth released it because I was late knowing about it releasing and didn't hear much about it until it already had came out.

I'll purchase it soon.

Shads

Bought it, but probably won't get around to play it soon due to Destiny and Forza Horizon 2.

And didn't Swery65 say he wanted to do a stealth release during TGS to mimic "Steve Jobs"? Not sure if there's truth to that, but I could've sworn I read that somewhere here. Anyone tweet Phil Spencer to ask wtf happened to marketing for their exclusive?

Bought this on day 1. Was afraid this would happen (little marketing). I did see a banner ad, but the game deserves more. Anyone have an idea if it's selling better now?

Would love to see this game + Dance Central and/or Fantasia packaged with future Xbox One + Kinect bundles.

Thanks for reminding me this was a thread about an Xbox exclusive game.

In case you needed reminding.

Robot Pants

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was on PS4. Hell I'd buy two copies just because, but unfortunately it's on a system I refuse to support and buy at least for a very long time.
Huge deadly premonition fan too.

PSA: To anyone who bought the game or who plans to ever buy the game, it seems the FREE DLC costumes will only be FREE for a limited time. This suggests the Killer Instinct/Crimson Dragon/Powerstar Golf cloths will cost money in a week.

You can download them from here, and new costumes get added every Wednesday.

Bought! I can only imagine this will screw up their metrics.

"So people are buying the game, buying dlc....and they don't even own the console??????"

The game sounds super interesting. But i've only got ps4 and gaming PC. Seems like this should've been a multiplatform release or at least bring it to PC.

So Um, I remember asking for a code to purchase the game then realize there was no more codes.

I turned on my xbox one today to my surprise, D4 was downloaded & installed but I never paid for it. I though because I shared games with one friend that he bought it, but he said he didn't, nor does it show up in my purchase history....

Byvb3yoIcAApWbb.jpg

ByvcdfzIUAE4OyP.jpg

bonercop

man, this thread got like 130k views. surely that should have translated into a shot in the arm of D4's sales...right? Has there been any indication that this game's sales have picked up?

statham

man, this thread got like 130k views. surely that should have translated into a shot in the arm of D4's sales...right? Has there been any indication that this game's sales have picked up?

leader boards stop @ 10k no way to know above that., and they all top out except for the clover game which is in the final episode and that was around 5.8k, so many have not reached that point yet.

Isn't that why you buy consoles? To play games you like?

There are games you must have, and experience. I buy consoles for those games.

There are games that you play because you find them interesting and they just happen to be in the console of your choice. This is one of those games.

I´m not saying all games must release on the console of my choice, I´m just pointing out that had it come out on the console I own I would have bought it.
In regards to the choice of Sony vs Microsoft as a publisher, I also know that the choice is not always available, it´s just apparent they got a raw deal with MS, sadly.

BraXzy

Just as a heads up I bought the game today. I'll post a screenshot of proof or something tomorrow. Thanks again for the code :)

This game will be on Games with Gold very soon. I think MS plan is to see what base line sales they can get then put it as their indie title on Games with Gold. Its episodic so they hope people will buy the others.

If they aren't doing this they are stupid.

statham

There are games that you play because you find them interesting and they just happen to be in the console of your choice. This is one of those games.

I´m not saying all games must release on the console of my choice, I´m just pointing out that had it come out on the console I own I would have bought it.
In regards to the choice of Sony vs Microsoft as a publisher, I also know that the choice is not always available, it´s just apparent they got a raw deal with MS, sadly.

If you follow him on twitter he says Microsoft let him create the game he wanted and that was most important.

EBE

This game will be on Games with Gold very soon. I think MS plan is to see what base line sales they can get then put it as their indie title on Games with Gold. Its episodic so they hope people will buy the others.

If they aren't doing this they are stupid.

honestly, i feel like the prologue at least should have been free. i think it would help people get into the game much like a demo would. if Powerstar Golf can change its pricing model then why can D4? just GIVE people the intro and hope they buy the rest.

Gvaz

Banned
I would like to ask a few questions to the people who had never heard of the game before the thread.

Mainly, why do you think that is? Also did you miss previews/reviews, TGS/E3 showings?
Do you get your news from specific places?

i get my news from rps and kotaku and sometimes ign or something or steam

mostly i dont look.

i also never go into the thread table here because it's a mess with no megathreads

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Fair enough.

If you follow him on twitter he says Microsoft let him create the game he wanted and that was most important.

What's the alternative? Bad-mouthing Microsoft and speaking out about how the episodic nature might mean the game will never have an ending? I don't know how true the OP's assumptions are, but it sure doesn't sound like Microsoft let him make the game he wanted-- maybe half of it, at best.

I'm sure Sony, or even Nintendo, would have been fine with D4 just the way it is. If Kinect was integral to the game (controller support proves otherwise, though it may be his envisioned control method, so it's worth considering) or there was some other proclamation besides these broad generalizations every dev says about their exclusivity partners, I could understand, but I find this whole idea kind of silly.

Well-put. I would be all over D4 if I owned an Xbox One, but that's not a possibility. I made a choice in not buying Microsoft's console, so I have to live with missing out on a few exclusives I would like to play. It's tough sometimes when I see games like Sunset Overdrive, but there's plenty of other things to play on PC, Wii U, PS4, Vita, and 3DS than I could ever possibly manage getting around to, let alone consider buying another platform for. So, I bid these games good luck, and will remember them should they be relieved of their exclusivity.

Lemondish

What part of microsoft funded do you people not get?

Microsoft funded games come to PC all the time. How is this one special?

It's also useful feedback. If your main audience and market is on a different box, maybe you should consider that when designing your next product.

What's the alternative? Bad-mouthing Microsoft and speaking out about how the episodic nature might mean the game will never have an ending? I don't know how true the OP's assumptions are, but it sure doesn't sound like Microsoft let him make the game he wanted-- maybe half of it, at best.

I'm sure Sony, or even Nintendo, would have been fine with D4 just the way it is. If Kinect was integral to the game (controller support proves otherwise, though it may be his envisioned control method, so it's worth considering) or there was some other proclamation besides these broad generalizations every dev says about their exclusivity partners, I could understand, but I find this whole idea kind of silly.

Well-put. I would be all over D4 if I owned an Xbox One, but that's not a possibility. I made a choice in owning every other platform except for Microsoft's, so I have to live with missing out on a few exclusives I would like to play. It's tough sometimes when I see games like Sunset Overdrive, but there's plenty of other things to play on PC, Wii U, PS4, Vita, and 3DS than I could ever possibly manage getting around to, let alone consider buying another platform for. So, I bid these system exclusives good luck, and will remember them should they be relieved of their exclusivity.

Stealth port begging?

jackdoe

I honestly would have bought this game already if they had offered a season pass, containing all planned episodes. I just don't like buying episodic games piecemeal.

Stealth port begging?

...no? Not even remotely so. I'm directly responding to their statement that Microsoft allowed Swery to make the game he wanted. I simply don't see how Sony or Nintendo could have possibly barred him from making it the same way it is-- not really sure how you took it any other way.

I probably wouldn't have bought it if it did come out on any other platform

Because it doesn't appeal to the gamerbro, First person shooting, NFL watching lifestyle that is apart of the Xbox marketing (on the consoles themeselves or protrayed in the mainstream advertising campaigns).

I watch the NFL... is it okay that I bought this game or should I ask for my money back because you have a narrow, embarrassing world-view?

I'm adding myself to the list of people who've now purchased the game without owning an Xbox One. Deadly Premonition is one of my favorite games of the last generation, so I'm gladly throwing my money towards Swery. I'm planning to get the Sunset Overdrive console bundle next month, so I'll immediately play this once it's all hooked up.

It's a bummer it's not selling well, but at least his cult audience is feverishly drumming up hype and supporting him. I love Swery and can't wait to play this.

Top Bottom