• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One sells one million+ (sell through to consumers) in all territories worldwide

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
It would be in MS's best interest if this sort of thing were debunked in some way, they'll figure it out, (replacement boxes, pictures taken before it went on sale, etc) it really makes it seem like, at least in America, that it's not selling well/no demand in their former Homecourt..

If it's after the launch date, I would expect their fully retail sellable boxes. It's NYC, space is expensive.

CoG

"If you can find an Xbox One anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it."

SRTtoZ

Wow, it doesn't seem like the XB1 is actually sold out. Those pics from Time Square are pretty comforting so at least I know I dont need to rush to buy one, should be around for a while.

Wow... you guys are really going out of your way to downplay Titanfall. With the statements some of you guys are making, I can't see how any of you could think that any next gen exclusive game coming out during the 1st half of 2014 will be a big system seller.

Sony fans go out of their way to downplay Titanfall as much as MS fans go out of their way to make it seem like the second coming of Half Life. So all in all its pretty even.

Otheradam

I live in NY. I was at the Best Buy in Union Sq yesterday afternoon and they had a bunch in stock. Also I would think that the flagship Toys R Us would get more units than any other store. Same with that particular Best Buy on 5th Ave.

kartu

Banned
What exactly makes the X1 so much better in that regard if you're not a big fan of American Football and TV? (I don't even own a cable box).

Ha, that's very easy, dude. You are forgetting that XBL (on the contrary to PSN+) allows you to:

1) record gameplay
2) watch youtube
3) use a web browser

While Sony allows that without PSN+ subscription, lol.

Valentus

It's in the thread title.

sarcasm-detector.jpg

I'll never forget that they gave a free game to every single country but the US (maybe Canada?). I could have gotten Fifa for free and spent the money on an extra game.

Recall that even during Halo 3's launch month, 360 sales only doubled.

Titanfall will have an impact, I'm sure, but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as large as some people are making it out to be. The shooter genre is so saturated, Titanfall doesn't have a single player, and there are plenty of options for all different types of multiplayer experiences now.

It will also be competing at a time when Destiny is coming out (multiplatform release), which I feel will be the MUCH bigger title given the scope of that game

Ishan

sooo 1 million sold to costumers or 1 million shipped?

The PS4 EU launch are going to be a massacre to MS.

acc to ms sold thru. So I guess they must have shipped a lot of shipped in wierd patterns where its sold out a lot some places and have lots of stock in others. OR they lied which I think is unlikely cause its just stupid. Don't put out a press release instead of lying etc etc

Ishan

Also I am sure titanfall will move units. Yes its a new IP but new IPs also tend to push units. If anything I think new IPs create more buzz cause its the "new next gen" thing on the "new next gen console".

I think its more of a question of how many units did the original halo end up pushing? Yes Halo was seminal as a console FPS but titanfall has immense buzz . It's multiplatform yes but its obvious from all the EA MS marketing that the focus is on pushing it as a xbox title.

Its not the second coming of half life but its definitely a big big deal and will push systems. I don't see anything similar from Sony so far. I don't anticipate Infamous pushing enough systems. Maybe driveclub or Order if Driveclub ends up really pushing social aspects well or Order if its this gen's GOW. But If I had to bet on which titles from the accounced ones are system sellers I would def say Titanfall. (This is ignoring late 2014 big names like Halo/Uncharted etc which will obviously push sales thru the roof especially if combined with a christmas price drop).

pixlexic

Banned
my question is.. if we could 100% confirm if they really sold 1 million or not does that make either group of people feel like they won something?

Also I am sure titanfall will move units. Yes its a new IP but new IPs also tend to push units. If anything I think new IPs create more buzz cause its the "new next gen" thing on the "new next gen console".

I think its more of a question of how many units did the original halo end up pushing? Yes Halo was seminal as a console FPS but titanfall has immense buzz . It's multiplatform yes but its obvious from all the EA MS marketing that the focus is on pushing it as a xbox title.

Its not the second coming of half life but its definitely a big big deal and will push systems. I don't see anything similar from Sony so far. I don't anticipate Infamous pushing enough systems. Maybe driveclub or Order if Driveclub ends up really pushing social aspects well or Order if its this gen's GOW. But If I had to bet on which titles from the accounced ones are system sellers I would def say Titanfall. (This is ignoring late 2014 big names like Halo/Uncharted etc which will obviously push sales thru the roof especially if combined with a christmas price drop).

Destiny will sell more ps4s over time than titanfall will sell Xbox ones.

So while ps4 doesn't have a huge exclusive for early next year, it doesn't really matter, it'll be the cheapest place to get destiny and will feature the best version of it.

Multiplats can drive sales more than most exclusives, just look at cod

my question is.. if we could 100% confirm if they really sold 1 million or not does that make either group of people feel like they won something?

I'm wondering the same thing. I really don't care if they sold a million. Obviously if company one announces it, they aren't going to be a slouch and look embarrassed if there's didn't sell as much so I don't see the point of trying to prove them wrong. Let them have it. It's just a number.

Steel

Banned

Well, there is always the drama of MS lying and people feel good when they can say "gotcha". Still it would be interesting if MS didn't sell out. And there's always the people who want to see if the overarching plot of people feeling that after all the negative press and the pr nightmare MS created for itself results in any negatives.

ViciousDS

Banned
Destiny will sell more ps4s over time than titanfall will sell 360s

This due to the fact titanfall is on the 360 not as many are going to move.....destiny however looks to be the game to jump as it's an open world mmofps(technically).

Borderland style shooter from bungie will sell more than titanfall

badb0y

Not really, if they sold through 1 million and still aren't sold out that proves a few things:

1.) Yield issues were exaggerated
2.) Supply of the Xbox One is currently outstripping demand

"Feelings" has nothing to do with this, I am just interested and like to discuss it that's all.

Iacobellis

Recall that even during Halo 3's launch month, 360 sales only doubled.

Titanfall will have an impact, I'm sure, but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as large as some people are making it out to be. The shooter genre is so saturated, Titanfall doesn't have a single player, and there are plenty of options for all different types of multiplayer experiences now.

It will also be competing at a time when Destiny is coming out (multiplatform release), which I feel will be the MUCH bigger title given the scope of that game

This is how I feel. Titanfall isn't a game that's launching on an overly-popular platform that is the sequel to the one of the biggest franchises in the US. It's a brand new IP, launching on Xbox One, and it is also available on the 360 and PC.

In the 360's early days, the most played game on LIVE was Halo 2.

hoos30

So while ps4 doesn't have a huge exclusive for early next year, it doesn't really matter, it'll be the cheapest place to get destiny and will feature the best version of it.

Multiplats sell consoles now? I've heard the opposite around here for so long that I started to believe it (not really).

PS: Please tell me the next winning Powerball numbers.

GavinGT

Banned

It's on 360 and PS3 as well.

Mexico is full of class.

In some southern parts of Puerto Rico we purchase our vidya games in the same place we purchase milk and meat (it's right between the can of beans and goya).

in the mexican costco in my state they sell the xbones in the same place with the clothes more specific to the side where the briefs are

Xamdou

Titanfall + Destiny will sell more Xbox one's over time than just than a Destiny game with exclusive content. See what I did there?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So what was the horrible thing that was going to happen to Xbox One, as per cboat and the mod(s?) that he confided with? It seems like the launch was probably even smoother than the Ps4 one.

Well, PS4 apparently sold 1 million units, right? COD: Ghost from what I've heard sold well over 700,000 units. People are still buying COD even though they can get practically the same experience on much cheaper systems. Yeah, I think multiplatform games still can sell consoles better than even most exclusives. Give Microsoft some credit. The system is $500 dollars. Even selling a million units imo is quite impressive considering the PS4 and X1 are nearly identical to each other in many ways, especially with software.

jakncoke

Banned
Well, PS4 apparently sold 1 million units, right? COD: Ghost from what I've heard sold well over 700,000 units. People are still buying COD even though they can get practically the same experience on much cheaper systems. Yeah, I think multiplatform games still can sell consoles better than even most exclusives. Give Microsoft some credit. The system is $500 dollars. Even selling a million units imo is quite impressive considering the PS4 and X1 are nearly identical to each other in many ways, especially with software.

Those wouldnt be from a certain banned site would they. Because their number is 703k

Your mind must be tired after that gymnastic routine..time will tell regardless.

I'm curious to know the online population for both PS4 and Xbone for COD Ghosts. BF4 info is as easy as going to their stats website but I can't find the same for Ghosts. Can someone pull this? Just curious.

So what was the horrible thing that was going to happen to Xbox One, as per cboat and the mod(s?) that he confided with? It seems like the launch was probably even smoother than the Ps4 one.

If I was to guess its mandatory micro transactions and nicke and diming pricing models in all first party games

The sold out statement is dubious, the sold through statement shouldn't be. I doubt Microsoft would outright lie with regard to that number, whereas the sold out statements are essentially equivalent to Tretton's "I'll give you $1000 if you can find one."

Bsigg12

This due to the fact titanfall is on the 360 not as many are going to move.....destiny however looks to be the game to jump as it's an open world mmofps(technically).

Borderland style shooter from bungie will sell more than titanfall

Well yea, its on 4 platforms...2 which both have 75+ million units sold...

Edit: Did you think Destiny was PS4 exclusive?

Biker19

Banned
No, it's not. I don't understand where this is coming from.

Competitive platforms are good for the consumer. Sales parity is completely irrelevant to the consumer. In fact, if one platform lags behind the other, it is because the consumer has decided that one platform is not actually good for them. That is how it works. The dog wags the tail.

This "competition is good" thing has grown completely into a monster. Competition is the means by which a lessor is weeded out. If a platform is weaker, it should lose. That is competition. This whole "parity is good for the consumer"/"two platforms selling well is good for the consumer" sentiment is bizarre.

What you are espousing is not capitalism or competition but instead crony capitalism in which market competitors are propped up for the sake of having market competitors.

This. I think that hoping for the other competitor to do well, despite their intentions against consumers is straight mind-boggling.

If we support a company like Microsoft that tries to screw us gamers, then we're only sending a message that it's OK for Microsoft to be doing what they're doing, & then they'll say, "OK, these people like what we're doing, so we're going to keep on doing what we're doing & alienate consumers even more!".

Top Bottom