• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrCobra

Yeah, I just got a probe that increases your skell's fuel recharge rate in the area it's placed in by completing a myranium request mission (that asked for about 10K), and I guess there must be a couple other ones as well.

I got that probe but when I tried it the fuel recharge didn't really seem to be any faster. Or not much at least.

Did it have the same audio issues in cutscenes or was that introduced by poor mixing in the dubbed version?

random25

After getting sidetracked for a long time, I finally got my Skell! Yeah baby! Time to spend my 4 million worth of savings to kit up my squad!

tG6qJBL.jpg

RPnFfww.jpg

xXli9Y3.jpg

So the conquest bar isn't filled up again and yet the Telethia seems to have shown up again. Is that a glitch or is it a new Global nemesis shows up when the bar fills up?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So the conquest bar isn't filled up again and yet the Telethia seems to have shown up again. Is that a glitch or is it a new Global nemesis shows up when the bar fills up?

Yeah I've been wondering about that bar since I've turned on the game... what does it represent?

I think this will be the game to carry me over to the big 2016 titles like Star Fox and Twilight Princess HD. From what I can tell on YouTube, the music seems fine, so I'm not running into any of the tracks that seem to get receiving the most criticism yet.

Jolkien

I think this will be the game to carry me over to the big 2016 titles like Star Fox and Twilight Princess HD. From what I can tell on YouTube, the music seems fine, so I'm not running into any of the tracks that seem to get receiving the most criticism yet.

The flying music can get annoying if you keep taking off and landing because it doesn't reach what I consider the good part of it.

Why are Prospectors so insanely popular? Also, what happens if I change from Pathfinder to it? Any drawbacks?

Cost you money, but that's it.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
The sidequests in this game are so much more entertaining than in the first. I love when they get unexpectedly weird or dark. There's so many memorable little side stories here but I could maybe only name 4 or 5 sidequests that I remember in the original. I didn't expect the sidequests to be one of my favourite parts of this game.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Same here. I don't see my next WiiU purchase coming in for a looooong time. This may be the last for me. :(

Why are Prospectors so insanely popular? Also, what happens if I change from Pathfinder to it? Any drawbacks?

Prospectors are easiest to get "Blade Points" for because you get them for planting probes and discovering new locations. You pretty much do that every time you go out in Mira, so it just happens more than what you would get points for the other groups.

So everyone has migrated to Prospectors so we can all win the best prize everyday.

tizaffy

Neo Member
i dont get why i never find upgrades to my gear. like nothing beats my lvl 20 gun / sword and lvl 28 armour and im now lvl 37. surley the best gear is stuff with slots for augments? or am i looking at it all wrong??

is it possible to craft slots into gear??

ivysaur12

Banned
The sidequests in this game are so much more entertaining than in the first. I love when they get unexpectedly weird or dark. There's so many memorable little side stories here but I could maybe only name 4 or 5 sidequests that I remember in the original. I didn't expect the sidequests to be one of my favourite parts of this game.

I agree. It's probably the biggest improvement in the game, though they could've gone even further with it.

Jolkien

i dont get why i never find upgrades to my gear. like nothing beats my lvl 20 gun / sword and lvl 28 armour and im now lvl 37. surley the best gear is stuff with slots for augments? or am i looking at it all wrong??

Yes. If you wanna know how (not a story spoilers)
It's L affinity quest that opens it. It costr Miranium to open slots. And the number of slots is tied to the quality of the equipment.

JulianImp

After all this time I'm still using a crappy knife only because it has two augment slots, and that means +64 ranged attack damage from two Ranged Attack Up Vs I crafted a while ago. Not even the latest gear comes close to that bonus (and I barely attack with my knife anyway), so it's been my trusty companion for over half the game now.

I don't think you can craft your gear. All you can do is hope you get lucky and get several slots from a random drop.

Edit: Oh, so you can? Nice! I'll try to meet the requirements for that later, since I think I can access and finish the required missions already.

random25

Miranium mining gives them higher BLADE points than other groups, and since you earn them every half an hour, they can easily level up their BLADE level.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I agree. It's probably the biggest improvement in the game, though they could've gone even further with it.

I definitely would like to see them vary quest objectives in their next game to something more than collect/kill/talk to X number of people.

I hope with Takahashi's comments on making the next Xenoblade more like the original that the entertaining side stories won't be forgotten. I feel like there's a perfect balance in game structure between the original and X that could be found.

ivysaur12

Banned
I definitely would like to see them vary quest objectives in their next game to something more than collect/kill/talk to X number of people.

I hope with Takahashi's comments on making the next Xenoblade more like the original that the entertaining side stories won't be forgotten. I feel like there's a perfect balance in game structure between the original and X that could be found.

Agreed. I think more interesting quest design and getting rid of any collectables in quests (besides maybe basic quests if they must exist) would be really fantastic.

JulianImp

Miranium mining gives them higher BLADE points than other groups, and since you earn them every half an hour, they can easily level up their BLADE level.

Oh, so they level up their BLADE level tanks to something that happens automatically and regardless of what you're actually doing? No wonder they've got all the other divisions beat, since as a curator I have to actively run around the field collecting crystals, so I know I'm not getting many points when tackling missions or the main story.

Sounds like I'll be filing the paperwork for joining the prospectors next time I boot up the game, then.
Now I'm part of the problem.

Oh, so they level up their BLADE level tanks to something that happens automatically and regardless of what you're actually doing? No wonder they've got all the other divisions beat, since as a curator I have to actively run around the field collecting crystals, so I know I'm not getting many points when tackling missions or the main story.

Sounds like I'll be filing the paperwork for joining the prospectors next time I boot up the game, then.
Now I'm part of the problem.

To be fair, I bet curator is the best choice in a speedrun....

:p

JulianImp

To be fair, I bet curator is the best choice in a speedrun....

:p

That reminds me... we don't actually get more than one save slot here, right? So what are you supposed to do if you actually want to go and do a speedrun from the start after having beat the game once? Would you actually have to start a new game and trash your old save?

Anyone else feel like you're just not getting the mechanics all that well, but still having fun?

I'm at level 14, level 3 Blade and Rank 4 of Enforcer (have two other classes at Rank 10 already).

I just don't think I've found a class I like yet. The weapon switching and Artes just don't seem right so far.

Oh, how many chapters are in this game?

finalflame

That reminds me... we don't actually get more than one save slot here, right? So what are you supposed to do if you actually want to go and do a speedrun from the start after having beat the game once? Would you actually have to start a new game and trash your old save?

Create a new user in your WiiU settings. Lots of game use per-user save files :)

zroid

Banned

It's a snowball effect, lol

When people realized that Prospectors usually win the daily bonus anyways just because of how the game was designed, everyone switched to it. Now other divisions have no hope basically. :D

Not_Mario

Neo Member
It's a snowball effect, lol

When people realized that Prospectors usually win the daily bonus anyways just because of how the game was designed, everyone switched to it. Now other divisions have no hope basically. :D

I'm staying loyal to Curators. We're #2!

JulianImp

Create a new user in your WiiU settings. Lots of game user per-user save files :)

Thanks! That's certainly not the way I expected the system to handle save files, but I guess that works too. The only downside I can see is being unable to duplicate saves, but could it be that there's a way around that too?

zroid

Banned
Anyone else feel like you're just not getting the mechanics all that well, but still having fun?

I'm at level 14, level 3 Blade and Rank 4 of Enforcer (have two other classes at Rank 10 already).

I just don't think I've found a class I like yet. The weapon switching and Artes just don't seem right so far.

Oh, how many chapters are in this game?

If you just want to have fun in the battles, Commando -> Winged Viper -> Full Metal Jaguar is probably the way to go. Dual Swords and Dual Guns both can rack up a lot of damage if you manage your arts and positioning well.

Then once you master FMJ the game lets you carry those weapons to other classes, so it'd be a bit easier to make the adjustment. For example you could go with Knife / Dual Guns as an Enforcer, which is a decent combo.

finalflame

Thanks! That's certainly not the way I expected the system to handle save files, but I guess that works too. The only downside I can see is being unable to duplicate saves, but could it be that there's a way around that too?

Yah, it's a bit of a roundabout way of doing it, but I think the logic sorta makes sense (for the vast majority of users, in a grand single-player JRPG, they will only need 1 save file).

I think other games on other consoles also handle this similarly, not just on WiiU and not just XCX.

As for duplicating saves, not sure. WiiU has some storage copying possibilities but I'm nots sure how saves fils are associated/managed.

Regiruler

Any benefit to enabling the miiverse follow feature in the settings? Just finished chapter 3 so I haven't dealt with blade reports before this.
I'm staying loyal to Curators. We're #2!
*hi fives*
I've been a curator the whole time since its tasks are a nice balance between combat and exploration, but the faster BLADE level-ups and daily skell salvage passes are really tempting...
Stay strong

Ugh, my IRL friend is a prospector

Jolkien

I've been a curator the whole time since its tasks are a nice balance between combat and exploration, but the faster BLADE level-ups and daily skell salvage passes are really tempting...

You can always farm curators XP in Oblivia. There's a tiny tiny cavern filled with collectibles. 200 BLADE xp every 40 seconds. Really boring but if you watch something while doing it it should be easily manageable.

Finalow

some quests are so dumb, "I need that item, pls go find it" with no indication on where that item could be. sure, I'm going to explore the whole world in the hope to find the item you want, I'm sure by the time the clock reaches 200 hours I'll be done with it.

also I don't understand this probe thing, I used one mining probe G4 and the boost was of +250, if however I used a G2 one the boost would have been +600 or something. isn't G4 supposed to be much better? Makes no sense.

some quests are so dumb, "I need that item, pls go find it" with no indication on where that item could be. sure, I'm going to explore the whole world in the hope to find the item you want, I'm sure by the time the clock reaches 200 hours I'll be done with it.

also I don't understand this probe thing, I used one mining probe G4 and the boost was of +250, if however I used a G2 one the boost would have been +600 or something. isn't G4 supposed to be much better? Makes no sense.

Each probe location has their own grades for Resources/revenue

random25

There must be a G2 link there. You can combo lined up 3 or more probes of the same level and type for increased overall effectiveness.

Also, you should check the production grade of the location.

some quests are so dumb, "I need that item, pls go find it" with no indication of where that item could be. sure, I'm going to explore the whole world in the hope to find the item you want, I'm sure by the time the clock reaches 200 hours I'll be done with it.

whenever you get one of those missions where they don't even give a hint as to where to find the item, that's where this comes in hand
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Go to collepedia. It's also great for enemy locations too if you want to grind or need a specific drop from a specific enemy and don't remember where to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom