• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

You can always farm curators XP in Oblivia. There's a tiny tiny cavern filled with collectibles. 200 BLADE xp every 40 seconds. Really boring but if you watch something while doing it it should be easily manageable.

Oh, and that's conveniently right next to the crabs I had been farming for exp all this time! Guess I'll do that as well the next time I happen to be around that area.

BlueEyedBeast

Neo Member
I figure I'll stick with the Pathfinders until I've set up the majority of Frontier Net. After that I may settle into the Curators...
Say NO to Prospecting!

Xenoboy

Did some good progress today. Every time I start the game I end up playing for hours -_-
Did the Yelv quest, A day in life and the Tatsu affinity missions. Everyone should do A day in life, it's really funny.
I have some pictures saved, I'll post them sometime tomorrow.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Agreed. I think more interesting quest design and getting rid of any collectables in quests (besides maybe basic quests if they must exist) would be really fantastic.
I actually somewhat prefer the affinity quests as a side to the main story, there's something about them that I just like.

huh i wonder what sword that is
lFdqEuC.jpg

Tatsu and the nopon are like walking nostalgia references to the first Xenoblade.

Soul Voices are an excellent example of randomness in games that can feel fun. You have to constantly make decisions about whether to save this art for a voice, for the 2nd CD or just use it now for dmg.

Until OCgear breaks ground combat but lol.

Finalow

whenever you get one of those missions where they don't even give a hint as to where to find the item, that's where this comes in hand
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Go to collepedia. It's also great for enemy locations too if you want to grind or need a specific drop from a specific enemy and don't remember where to find them.
that seems useful for completing the Collectopedia.

but yeah, after searching online I found out where to find the item needed. I guess that's how I'm going to finish those quests from now on.

Soul Voices are an excellent example of randomness in games that can feel fun. You have to constantly make decisions about whether to save this art for a voice, for the 2nd CD or just use it now for dmg.

Until OCgear breaks ground combat but lol.

I made a build around TP sklls and garnering TP fast, so I always leave my damage dealing TP art for later. I might start trying out Overclock as I should theoretically be able to get 3000 TP fairly fast, I just need to see how fast and if it's viable while in overclock.

El Odio

Banned
Man it's been like 3 days since I made an progress in the story. +40 hours clocked and I'm still putting off starting chapter 7. Exploring NLA and doing all the sidequests is just too fun.

Jackano

Played for most of my free time during the 3 last days.
Lv.27, chapter 6, first Skell.

For now there is only a couple things who still bothers me, the worst being:
No way of locating shit collectibles. NPC should give hints about them, collecpedia should
locate them once you find one or find the hint; etc... Even names of areas aren't automatically indicated on your map, unless your discover the right thing. That's a shame, the map isn't really helpful as a map in the end. It's just a clickable list for teleporting and probe management.

Renewed

I'm tempted to start a new save so I can track down every heart-to-heart before the cutoff point. I imagine people have been able to find some for Alexa, Bozé, H.B. and Yelv (since they aren't counted in map segment completion but that's still content dammit).

Where can I find
mamapon? She's missing after she went fishing. Currently doing the BFF.

Near FN Site 209 I think. iirc I got a navigation marker and just followed that.

Zendoc

For those with the disc version of the game AND the data packs downloaded :

Does your wii u make some loud noises when loading the main screen (and NLA) ?
When you're boosting/flying with your Skell, ennemies are appearing immediately or does it take some times after reaching the ground (2 or 3 seconds) ?

TheMoon

You know what? When they announced the Wii U, I thought "damn this will be awesome to use the map on the gamepad". I own the Wii U since release and this is the first time, that the gamepad does something really useful, which is annoying in other games.

You've been playing the wrong games.

Jolkien

When you're boosting/flying with your Skell, ennemies are appearing immediately or does it take some times after reaching the ground (2 or 3 seconds) ?

Takes 2-3 seconds. And yeah the Wii U sound you heard is the drive reading the disc.

Lexxism

Where can I change the face of my character or even the gender? I'm done with chapter 9.
Near FN Site 209 I think. iirc I got a navigation marker and just followed that.
Yeah, I just redid the quest since it's not showing on my navigation. I read that there's a bug on it if you did the quest first on Oblivia. Anyway, I'm done now. Thanks again.

Xenoboy

God, I just saw that I have 30 hours clocked and haven't even started Chapter 5...
Anyone else loves Vandham? He's one of my favorites.

Well, I don't notice it when playing (using headphones), but when I go to the title screen after a session and take off my headphones, then yes, the Wii U's disc drive is noisy.

JulianImp

Where can I change the face of my character or even the gender? I'm done with chapter 9.

Yeah, I just redid the quest since it's not showing on my navigation. I read that there's a bug on it if you did the quest first on Oblivia. Anyway, I'm done now. Thanks again.

There're two prequisite missions you've got to take from some guy named Yardley or something, and those are available as soon as you're done with episode five.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Go to the quest board and I believe it's something about finding a lost key card

Kouriozan

I have been Mediator the whole time and I'm almost max BLADE level so it won't matter soon.
If my Skell get destroyed I always get perfect at the prompt so the Skell insurance never go down, don't really need the division reward, plus my division is always in the last 3 positions anyway.

tizaffy

Neo Member
Yes. If you wanna know how (not a story spoilers)
It's L affinity quest that opens it. It costr Miranium to open slots. And the number of slots is tied to the quality of the equipment.

damn just realise i need to finish chaper ten for this?!?! :( need to start smashing out those missions with L in the team

I'm tempted to start a new save so I can track down every heart-to-heart before the cutoff point. I imagine people have been able to find some for Alexa, Bozé, H.B. and Yelv (since they aren't counted in map segment completion but that's still content dammit).

Wait. There's a cutoff point for heart to hearts?

Renewed

Wait. There's a cutoff point for heart to hearts?

I don't think it's significant enough to worry about on the first playthrough. Besides, even then you can still complete all map segments regardless.

If you want to know,
it's only for one person and it happens at chapter 9.

JulianImp

What difference does the division you choose from make?

Basically, it changes which field actions level up your BLADE level as well as the daily rewards you get (andthat depends on how well your division stacks up each day against the others score-wise, which is why prospectors keep getting to choose from all rewards and the rest are stuck choosing from the lower-tier ones).

Your reward for reaching new BLADE levels are extra customization options in your barracks and field skill level-ups. The former is okay, but the latter is vital for stuff such as interacting with probes (BTW, always max mechanical first).

Fishious

damn just realise i need to finish chaper ten for this?!?! :( need to start smashing out those missions with L in the team

I don't think that is actually correct. I unlocked that device by doing the normal quest from the woman who is right next to L's affinity mission point.

JulianImp

I don't think that is actually correct. I unlocked that device by doing the normal quest from the woman who is right next to L's affinity mission point.

Ooh, that means I'll just have to redeem some monster drops to gather the monster materials I was missing to complete the latest mission she had given me. That's way better than having to wait for one more story chapter.

Lexxism

There're two prequisite missions you've got to take from some guy named Yardley or something, and those are available as soon as you're done with episode five.

Go to the quest board and I believe it's something about finding a lost key card
Thanks.
What difference does the division you choose from make?
This one explains what the benefit of each divisions http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Division

Jolkien

When I think about playing, I get really fatigued. Wonder if that's normal.

The game has a staggering amount of side content. I don't think it's normal, but if you start feeling this way maybe at least focus more on the main story to finish the narratives, you can continue pretty much everything in the post-game.

El Odio

Banned
So party members know how to operate their skells as effective as normal combat right? Are there any benefits if anyone is given a particular frame/weapon?

JulianImp

So party members know how to operate their skells as effective as normal combat right? Are there any benefits if anyone is given a particular frame/weapon?

Nope, so you can just go ahead and give them all heavy frames for the extra tankyness and g-busters to make quick work of most regular enemies.

Vena

Nope, so you can just go ahead and give them all heavy frames for the extra tankyness and g-busters to make quick work of most regular enemies.

Make one a sniper with thermal weapons if possible in a Mastema/Lailah. Potentially, you should be the one piloting it. You'll make quick work of body parts that greatly help you in the harder battles.

I can't decide which frame is better:

Amdusias
Mastema
Lailah
Urban

They all have their perks, Urban has the best Overdrive damage (but kills itself), Lailah has permanent overdrive and Overdrive regen making it one of the best tanks, and Amdusias is a fuel syphoning machine and thermal damage is off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom