• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Make one a sniper with thermal weapons if possible in a Mastema/Lailah. Potentially, you should be the one piloting it. You'll make quick work of body parts that greatly help you in the harder battles.

I can't decide which frame is better:

Amdusias
Mastema
Lailah
Urban

They all have their perks, Urban has the best Overdrive damage, Lailah has permanent overdrive, and Amdusias is a fuel syphoning machine.

Oh, so the pilot's base stats don't carry over when they get into their skells but their skills do? Interesting.

So that giant ring in Oblivia is climbable with a Skell, right? Which side should I tackle for the most success? The side right next to FN Site 312 or the Central Ibra Ravine?

Vena

Oh, so the pilot's base stats don't carry over when they get into their skells but their skills do? Interesting.

Nothing carries over from the pilot (except one Galactic Knight skill). All the frames are unique in what they do. I meant to make a Mastema/Lailah sniper, lol. My wording was poor.

exfatal

WVW69iqM590_LNcA5W

WVW69iqM768_8Yzdx1

WVW69iqM86IKtkgLX-

Loving my new character, made her after completing the Key Card Quest. Need tog find more awesome fashion suits. Spent waay to much time trying to take photos lol

How does one get the HQ pics everyone posting? been doing the miiverse method

JulianImp

Nothing carries over from the pilot (except one Galactic Knight skill). All the frames are unique in what they do. I meant to make a Mastema/Lailah sniper, lol. My wording was poor.

Where can you see what each skell frame specializes in in-game? Or is it yet another thing that you've got to look up elsewhere?

oni-link

Can anyone explain how you finish the "research" quest?

It's part of the new rival affinity mission and I've been stuck on it for hours, I have planted as many probes in as many sites as I can find and I cant seem to finish the quest, I can't even see where it says how much I'm making from probes

Is there anywhere that explains how they work, in the game or elsewhere?

Googing the missions finds quite a few other people stuck on this mission, it's a shame because I'm locked in this quest and can't do anything else, which is taking a lot of the fun out of the game

I tried to do another mission for Kristy but think I ran out of probes? Can you buy new ones? Where from?

zroid

Banned
Can anyone explain how you finish the "research" quest?

It's part of the new rival affinity mission and I've been stuck on it for hours, I have planted as many probes in as many sites as I can find and I cant seem to finish the quest, I can't even see where it says how much I'm making from probes

Is there anywhere that explains how they work, in the game or elsewhere?

Googing the missions finds quite a few other people stuck on this mission, it's a shame because I'm locked in this quest and can't do anything else, which is taking a lot of the fun out of the game

I tried to do another mission for Kristy but think I ran out of probes? Can you buy new ones? Where from?

You're talking about getting 3000 credits from a single cycle right? You need to install research probes or if you don't have enough just keep them as basic probes.

Don't use Mining Probes because they greatly reduce the amount of credits produced from a site.

oni-link

You're talking about getting 3000 credits from a single cycle right? You need to install research probes or if you don't have enough just keep them as basic probes.

Don't use Mining Probes because they greatly reduce the amount of credits produced from a site.

Ah shit, I've been mostly switching them to mining as I assumed they would earn the most

So if I change them all back to research they should just earn me more over time and the mission will end?

Where do I find how much they make each time, and does it pay you on a real world timer?

El Odio

Banned
Ah shit, I've been mostly switching them to mining as I assumed they would earn the most

So if I change them all back to research they should just earn me more over time and the mission will end?

Where do I find how much they make each time, and does it pay you on a real world timer?
It costs money to switch them out FYI. When it asks if you want to switch them out you can see on the upper right of the gamepad the boost it will give to either revenue, mining, or combat and any degrades it might make. Underneath that is how much miranium and revenue you'll earn. I think its every 30 minutes?

Fishious

By default, you place data probes which give a small amount of miranium and cash. When you place a mining probe, it increases miranium output, but lowers revenue. For research probes, the opposite is true. When you select which probe to place on the game pad it will show you the percent change for each resource. The bottom right of the game pad will show your current totals for each while on this screen. They pay out roughly every 30 minutes of real time. You'll want to place some research probes on sites with high revenue, or better yet with ones that have sightseeing spots you've discovered.

Vecks

Don't need to change them all back to research. 3000 is really little and easy to reach. Check the grades on the probe sites. Put your best research probes on the ones with good revenue. If you run out of research probes, you can also switch them back to basic, as even basic ones will give more money over mining probes.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Ok so I'm doing more normal missions.

I need to emphasize that they HAVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!

The amount of stuff in the missions is insane.

Good job MonolithSoft

Anyone have a link to that spreadsheet of monsters/items/etc?
It's in the OP, but here you go anyway
About probes, what is that Battle Support stat?

Is there some other kind of probes other than Mining, Research, Duplicator and Storage?
Forgot I was going to respond to this... The ranks for battle support range from B to S. Placing a battle probe on a B give you the rank I buff for all of that continent, A gives rank II, and S gives rank III. Separate battle probes on a continent stack the ranks, so if you have a Melee Attack Up probe on a B somewhere and an S somewhere else in the same continent, you'll have the rank IV buff. If a boost or chain bonus leaves you with non-integer ranks after adding things up, the rank gets rounded up to the next integer, unless it's past the max(rank V).

Chastten

Banned
Took a break this weekend for family stuff but managed to get in some time again tonight.

Did some Affinity quests to get a new party member (Cecilia) and maxed out 2 more AM's. Also optimized the grid a bit better for more income, still nowhere near you guys but I'm now getting close to 100k a tick.

Continuing the story with chapter 10 tomorrow I guess. I'm close to Level 50 so I'm pretty sure I'm a bit overleveled as is.

Probe locations can be hidden in caves huh... Here I was throwing that camera thing in the air to look for that orange beam, only to find it hidden from sight by accident. ):

When I'm given random gathering quests, does the game give you so much as a hint as to where the hell I'll find what I need in the world? I'm all up for exploring but c'mon now. Especially when I have to do this shit to advance in the story.

Lexxism

When I'm given random gathering quests, does the game give you so much as a hint as to where the hell I'll find what I need in the world? I'm all up for exploring but c'mon now. Especially when I have to do this shit to advance in the story.
Haha I had the same problem with it and I still don't know what to do lol

ultron87

There isn't any direction. Just don't accept them, they clog up your mission list. You can just check the terminal every hour or whatever and see which ones you have the stuff for and complete them immediately.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
If the item is from a monster just go to blade barracks and UAE tickets to buy them

If its not just Google the quest name. This helped me alot. Though risky

tizaffy

Neo Member
I don't think that is actually correct. I unlocked that device by doing the normal quest from the woman who is right next to L's affinity mission point.

is that the mission where after you survey obliva the
manon
ask you to find some stuff to open a shop?

I'll reiterate but guys I'd recommend not doing gathering quest. They clog up your mission list. Just go explore and grab every item you see.

Then come back every now and then, press R, and go down the list in the mission board to see which you already have all of the items for.

What's the exact quest that gets
the Prone to come to New LA? Is it a story thing?
Requirement is 40% of Obliva surveyed for the quest to show up. It is called P
rone sweet prone
(though like most things you can accept for the board it'll have a different name but will be outside BLADE HQ) and I wrote a few things about my experience of it earlier in the thread.

Infinite

I'm on chapter three and the battle and character growth systems still confuse me. Any pointers? Read the manual and still a little lost.

I'm on chapter three and the battle and character growth systems still confuse me. Any pointers? Read the manual and still a little lost.

Did you play the original Xenoblade? It's a lot easier to explain the differences between this game and the first Xenoblade than to do a from-scratch explanation of the battle/stats systems.

Vena

The quest giver usually tells you if you ask them a second time. Sometimes the game forgets to let you know, which is dumb.

Where can you see what each skell frame specializes in in-game? Or is it yet another thing that you've got to look up elsewhere?

I know its in the guide at least:

Light Armor Overdrives
OBORO (Urban Type) - Deal more damage, take less ranged damage, regen appendages.
JINRAI (Formula Type) - Accuracy, Evasion, and Critical Chance increase. Lower cooldowns.
HAGANE (Verus Type) - Increases melee damage, twice the appendage regen, and reflects physical attacks.

Medium Armor Overdrives
NAGI (Lailah Type) - HP and appendage regen, takes less damage, immune to debuffs.
HIBANA (Inferno Type) - Appendage regen, increased ranged damage, and reflects thermal damage.

Heavy Armor Overdrives
GEKITETU (Mastema Type) - Reduces damage taken, increases ranged attack, and reflect Beam damage.
KURENAI (Amdusias Type) - Absorbs fuel with melee attacks, double Crush damage, and increases melee attack.
KAMIKAZE (Urban Type) - Increases accuracy, attack and evasion.

I am a big fan of Lailah, Amdusias, and Urban (Kamikaze) Overdrives. Kamikaze, though not mentioned, deals damage to the frame as well but the increase in damage dealt is very large.

Lailah can chain Overdrives. I don't know if any other frame can do it without Augments. (Other than Inferno, but I don't like its stats.)

If you want a ranged Skell, Mastema has the best overdrive to that end.

Not directly, no. I did find that some NPCs talk about collectibles and give better hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom