• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone help me with this puzzle?

for those who care about treasure spoilers image below
WVW69iqUXV43-NNG9Z

Zomba13

Finally got Intergalactic Phoenix 50. I think I just farmed every single puge and puglith drop to 99 jesus.

I was aggro training two full bases for 50+ enemies, the game was not happy.

I actually got one of those from my first drop >.>

I read about it on Reddit and decided "oh, I'll give that a go. Seems it took this guy a day to get the Phoenix and the Sword, better load up some youtube videos" and then got the Phoenix after I nuked them all the first time.

can someone help me with this puzzle?

for those who care about treasure spoilers image below
WVW69iqUXV43-NNG9Z

1) You need Mechanical lvl5 to open it. 2)Try looking for an entrance off to the side.

I actually got one of those from my first drop >.>

I read about it on Reddit and decided "oh, I'll give that a go. Seems it took this guy a day to get the Phoenix and the Sword, better load up some youtube videos" and then got the Phoenix after I nuked them all the first time.

1) You need Mechanical lvl5 to open it. 2)Try looking for an entrance off to the side.

There is a mine entrance just north of the closest probe

great thanks guys!

El Odio

Banned
This game evokes a similar feeling of Civ's "just one more turn" mentality in me. I tell myself I should stop but then it's like, just after one more quest, a few more enemy kills, once ____ levels up etc. It's too damn good.

Vena

Is that the huge ball of fire I keep seeing used online? If so, where should I be farming?

Puges in general drop it. So just kill all puges. I was farming in Cauldros in the bases where there are tons of close together enemies.

And yes, that is the weapon.

Now I am making an untouchable Urban. I'm up to 300 Eva, lol, without any optimization.

Evilkazz

Banned
So lets talk about the ending a bit.

Didn't like how a whole lot of plot was shoved into the last chapter. Would have loved to uncover a bit of the Samarian prophecy earlier on. The whole gangleon motivation in general was pretty weak but not terrible or anything. Also Loa needed more scenes, I think we were supposed to care for him a lot more than I actually did. Sure he lost his family to an unfair system but he was literally going to "Kill" all remaining humans because of it and the game expects me to forgive him because of his sad story. Even when he came back playing the good guy I didn't much like him (and now I'm a little pissed he comes back in the end credits).

Overall I enjoyed the ending we got. The lifestream twist was pretty alright and poses a good philosophical question. But my favorite twist was at the end where it's revealed that their old consciousness were destroyed but they arent dead because of the planet somehow. Which echos a question from chapter 5 I think, which is why all the alien races can communicate with each other in thier own tongue. Quite interesting. Of course it's a little sequel baitey but I'm okay with it. In the next game I just hope we get stronger storytelling (and a less bullshit final series of bosses).

Tied with bloodborne for my Game of the Year though.

Beats

please tell me there's a better way to get savage sketches for the off the record quest...

There isn't lol. Fast travel to 515 and get the ones nearby then there's also bunch of collectables in the waters east of the location.

If I look at the map and I go to 516 which direction is 515?

just got this quest too

The site numbers go up when going down the column and going left to right.

MrPanic

Puges in general drop it. So just kill all puges. I was farming in Cauldros in the bases where there are tons of close together enemies.

And yes, that is the weapon.

Now I am making an untouchable Urban. I'm up to 300 Eva, lol, without any optimization.

Lol, first base I found with purges dropped the Phoenix for me. Based drop rates.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Decided to look at my art book more while I'm at the laundrymaat, man, these super complex looking dragons must be world bosses or super bosses.

Does anyone have a good spot to level from 48-50? I have level 50 Skell patiently waiting in the hanger for me.

Also what are people naming their Skells? I heard about the Ares the same day I got my first Skell and decided to run with that name scheme. So far my Skell Pantheon is made up of Aphrodite, Apollo, Persephone, Zeus, Hera and Poseidon.

TheMoon

I'm assuming Monolith will take the Dragon's Dogma approach - a MMO, followed by a PC port of the original game once the period of timed exclusivity expires.

Not sure if serious.

Nintendo owns MonolithSoft. This is a Nintendo game. There'll never be a PC port. Also, Takahashi said he wants to make a more story-focused game like the first Xenoblade again next if they let him.

black_clavus

Neo Member
So, how you guys know where's the exact node / location for numbering like 112, 202, or 333, something like that. FrontierNav are numbered like that but didn't find that number for other node/location

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Not sure if serious.

Nintendo owns MonolithSoft. This is a Nintendo game. There'll never be a PC port. Also, Takahashi said he wants to make a more story-focused game like the first Xenoblade again next if they let him.

I dont think golnei is ever serious

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I jumped down a bottomless pit with my skell. I didn't realise that would destroy it. Fuck...

I'm assuming Monolith will take the Dragon's Dogma approach - a MMO, followed by a PC port of the original game once the period of timed exclusivity expires.

Most of the cutscene was fine, but all of the impact it builds up is lost because of how it ends - the NLA music can instantly deflate any amount of anticipation.

Apparently, Hope's mission doesn't have a chapter requirement, so you could theoretically have done that and heard the line about mimeosome bodies being unable to conceive, which would have given away everything. Still, I agree the handling of it wasn't the most deft - it reminded me a little of the way Faces were depicted in the first game as mute for the opening act, and wouldn't shut up afterwards - or how Egil is conveniently always seen in Yaldabaoth until you run into the Machina.
oh GOD
THINK OF THE MODS
THINK OF IT
just Mod the Gundams, Xenogears, and any other mechs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom