• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I never would have known how to get the honey oil if I hadn't looked it up

Holy shit this game.

40 hours in, haven't started chapter 7 yet and I just hit 1 million credit.

Vena

I never would have known how to get the honey oil if I hadn't looked it up

Holy shit this game.

40 hours in, haven't started chapter 7 yet and I just hit 1 million credit.

One million? Pfft. I make a quarter of that from doing nothing!

zroid

Banned
Man wtf. My Pro Controller suddenly stopped working. Like how you press a button when it's off and the blue LED flashes? It wouldn't flash. :S

But the orange LED for the charge indicator still worked so it's not like the battery was completely dead.

Anyways I got it working again inexplicably after removing the battery and putting it back in, but I had to find one of those stupid tiny screwdrivers to get the panel off.

What does it mean when I join a squad and missions I have taken are greyed out?

It says my the mission was already done by the squad.

Are all missions one per squad?

Just started Ch9 can't wait to fly and also get shreked by the game. I think I'm going a little fast but once I fly I plan to just dick around and explore more, probably get all those pesky probes in.

My question to those that have finished the game, is it like New Game+ with Xenoblade or can you just continue doing stuff? I've been putting off many collection missions and will be happy to complete them when I finish the main story but not if like part of the world is destroyed and or the universe is reset.

Evilkazz

Banned
What's your baby's name?

oQsTEuL.jpg

105.Will

It's her talking about dating and it's at night. Somewhere in Commercial or Residential near the bridge.

I found it by coincidence.

Think it's in the industrial district, between 17:00 and 23:59, a bit SE of the West Gate landmark.

FYI, all the heart-to-heart locations and times are listed in the Google Docs spreadsheet under "Allies", though it can be a bit spoiler-ish if you haven't recruited everyone yet, and I noticed an error or two here and there (e.g. Elma's third heart-to-heart takes place in the commercial district, not the place listed in the spreadsheet).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Got it, Thanks!

What's your baby's name?

oQsTEuL.jpg

Current Skell is called Paladin. My other level 50 skell under Elma is Beelzebub. Other skells include my original, Prometheus, my old one, Paladin, Elma's old one, Demon, Lin's Azure, and finally Meadow which is moved around a lot depending on who's in my party

zroid

Banned
Oh I finally got the mission to take out Oskar so I went back for another round with that bastard. Owned his ass this time. Dude couldn't even land a hit on me. :p

(I'm level 27 now)

paolo11

Ok I'm at chapter 3. I need advice. Do I need to do side quests or should I grind to level up? Is it advisable to buy gear?

Evilkazz

Banned
Current Skell is called Paladin. Other skells include my original, Prometheus, my old one, Paladin, Elma's old one, Demon, Lin's Azure, and finally Meadow which is moved around a lot depending on who's in my party

I'm quite font of adding a Mk.II (mark 2) to a new mecha under the same name. Makes it feel more like a product of engineering to me personally. Nice names though.

Edit: I just realized with the character limit that wouldn't fit. Truly a tragedy.

zroid

Banned
Ok I'm at chapter 3. I need advice. Do I need to do side quests or should I grind to level up? Is it advisable to buy gear?

you don't really need to buy gear at this point, the enemy drops will be better

right now you should probably just do a little bit of everything, do some missions, install probes, fight enemies along the way

One by ooooooone
One by one

OoooooOOOOOHHH
See the suuuun
see the sun

I actually went to Oblivia and even Sylvalum (wanted to see if I could by swimming around high level enemies) before Noctilum.

So it's theme having lyrics was a surprise. Especially coming from Sylvalum's cool theme.

Noctilum is by far the best of the first 3 areas. So much variety.

Still haven't spent enough time in Ice-land or Hell-land to form a strong opinion on them.

Vena

I guess you're the 1% in NLA

Kappa

I have 10million right now. Which I am about to spend entirely on making Amdusias with full Thermal gear so that I can nuke entire bases with a single skill. And it will be worth it.

Then I will make my Urban/Leilah melee untouchable speedster! I want to see what 500 Evasion does for a Skell, lol.

Noctilum is by far the best of the first 3 areas. So much variety.

Still haven't spent enough time in Ice-land or Hell-land to form a strong opinion on them.
Sylvanum isn't ice, it's more like pollen or something. One rare weather condition is even called Spore (it's awful though since it pretty much reduces visibility to zero)

Shahadan

I actually went to Oblivia and even Sylvalum (wanted to see if I could by swimming around high level enemies) before Noctilum.

So it's theme having lyrics was a surprise. Especially coming from Sylvalum's cool theme.

Dat feeling when you're running through the zone, moving the camera around and then stumble upon a huge scenery and the lyrics start

ANumDkx.jpg

Spent an hour trying to find one more probe to install to meet the 15% goal in the beginning. Argh. I forgot to upgrade my mechanical skill so just when I found one after wandering around for a long time, I didnt have the right level u_u

On the bright side, I got to see a lot of Primordia. There were at least 4 probe areas where I couldnt see any light at all. I had no idea WTF they were.

random25

Spent an hour trying to find one more probe to install to meet the 15% goal in the beginning. Argh. I forgot to upgrade my mechanical skill so just when I found one after wandering around for a long time, I didnt have the right level u_u

On the bright side, I got to see a lot of Primordia. There were at least 4 probe areas where I couldnt see any light at all. I had no idea WTF they were.

You can also increase your survey rate by opening big-time treasures when the segment indicates a treasure is located there.

hahaha fuck me

this game detects when you're doing a repetitive motion and still turns off screen. I guess this means that leaving it overnight to get money is off the table

Online play had taught me an important gameplay mechanic for when you're in a Skell
spamming the transformation button makes you do ninja flips

Really? I found them relatively easy to find. Then again I'm doing all the sidequests without really advancing the story. So I got my mechanical up really quickly.

I known there was one probe site hidden in a small cave in the side of a cliff that probably took me a good 45 minutes to find but other than that can't really think of any that are hard to reach. Especially the sides.

So where does my Skell go when I wreck it?

Google tells me that if it still has insurance it should appear in the hangar but I don't see it, do I need to talk to someone?

They really make this an RPG-ass RPG with how complicated everything is.

paolo11

you don't really need to buy gear at this point, the enemy drops will be better

right now you should probably just do a little bit of everything, do some missions, install probes, fight enemies along the way

I see. I'm at level 9. Any tips on the battle system?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So where does my Skell go when I wreck it?

Google tells me that if it still has insurance it should appear in the hangar but I don't see it, do I need to talk to someone?

They really make this an RPG-ass RPG with how complicated everything is.

When you warp into the barracks, that little console that lets you change your decorations and such, open that and go to hangars.

When you warp into the barracks, that little console that lets you change your decorations and such, open that and go to hangars.

Yeah I found that through google, but it's showing up as if nothing is wrong because I assume insurance auto-repairs it or something.

But the skell itself is nowhere to be seen and has just disappeared into the ether.

Edit: Reset registration then re-registered it to my character and it's come back. Seems weird and glitchy.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah I found that through google, but it's showing up as if nothing is wrong because I assume insurance auto-repairs it or something.

But the skell itself is nowhere to be seen and has just disappeared into the ether.

If it's listed, make sure that it's assigned to somebody. Otherwise I'm not sure.

El Odio

Banned

It shows up in the menu but not the barracks itself? When you access the terminals menu it should give a message that your insurance has covered the repairs. Try stepping out of the barracks or teleporting somewhere and see if it appears there.

I like going to areas long before they get to it like right now I'm at the last continent knowing at least the big boss lives here some place

going to ninja murder you while you sleep XD

If it's listed, make sure that it's assigned to somebody. Otherwise I'm not sure.

It shows up in the menu but not the barracks itself? When you access the terminals menu it should give a message that your insurance has covered the repairs. Try stepping out of the barracks or teleporting somewhere and see if it appears there.

Yeah it was listed and assigned to me, and I never got any messages about the insurance (and the insurance is still at 3 as if it was never used).

Clearing registration and re-registering it made it come back so it seems like it just glitched out when it blew up.

Vena

I honestly don't get why Sylvalum is the end-game zone. It has the hardest non-super bosses.

My two level-50 fully loaded Skells. Amdusias is full Thermal (melee, artillery unit), the Lailah (ranged, stagger spam) is full Gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom