• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah it was listed and assigned to me, and I never got any messages about the insurance (and the insurance is still at 3 as if it was never used).

Clearing registration and re-registering it made it come back so it seems like it just glitched out when it blew up.

Strange. At least you figured it out.

That chapter 5 twist. Didn't see that coming.

Also I'm level 20 and just discovered you can level your skills. ;_;

Has anyone else held off on replacing some gear because of melee/ranged attack up bonuses? Some of my characters have a ton of low level gear because I leveled up their augments to like melee 5/ranged 5 and all the new gear doesn't have those.

Iryx

Yeah it was listed and assigned to me, and I never got any messages about the insurance (and the insurance is still at 3 as if it was never used).

Clearing registration and re-registering it made it come back so it seems like it just glitched out when it blew up.

If you get a perfect on the QTE when your Skell blows up it doesn't use up your insurance.

I made a 4 panel comic:

Probably shouldn't touch, right?
WVW69iqTrO4qldzauO

WVW69iqTtFgI5ZMvYn

Hi-yaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
WVW69iqTtYIt1bFXAb

WVW69iqTtzAis0pBG8

rhandino

Banned
Has anyone else held off on replacing some gear because of melee/ranged attack up bonuses? Some of my characters have a ton of low level gear because I leveled up their augments to like melee 5/ranged 5 and all the new gear doesn't have those.
Me basically.

But I just spent like an hour in menus buying and selling gear, instaling augments and leveling up skill and arts to more or less min-max my main team of Elma, Lin and L.

It helped that I have almost every store at level 4...

Really? It was obvious at the very beginning

when you choose eyes for your character
I thought those were like augments =/

Aww you can't use the same item as fashion gear for your whole party?

Got a pair of heart glasses and wanted to deck out everyone with them. Guess I'll just keep them for myself then.

Elma can have the kitty ears.

boxter432

did a mission before bed, picked doug back up, then jumped around abit...
happened upon lobster #1...(would have been even more confused if I didn't see it mentioned in here while browsing)
9 more and i save and hold power button so I can finally go to bed...

Vecks

Aww you can't use the same item as fashion gear for your whole party?

Got a pair of heart glasses and wanted to deck out everyone with them. Guess I'll just keep them for myself then.

Elma can have the kitty ears.

Well, the fashion stuff usually comes from quests and there are some upgraded versions, so maybe you'll be able to find more of a similar type.

Dineren

Banned
The collectibles needed for the level 5 mechanical quest are a pain in the ass. I've been running around for 30 minutes and only have half of them so far. I hope the ones for the other two skills aren't this bad.

El Odio

Banned
You know one thing about the twist that kind of bugs me is
it might be because I wasn't paying enough attention but before the big reveal everyone in NLA calls themselves human. Then after chapter 5 suddenly everyone who provides gossip bubbles won't shut up about how they're a mimosome. It's almost like everybody knew that the player doesn't know and once the cat's outta the bag there's no point in hiding it anymore.

>chaining storage probe
pls

also, wish the chain bonus isn't limited to 8-chain only... i want get higher bonus for my chained 23 (or was it 21) G8 mining probe :v

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yep. I'm using a Dual Swords/Sniper Rifle build, so I cannot use Ghostwalker now. I'm spamming Blood Sacrifice, and Phantom Counter and Hellhound Skills (plus Crisis Catalyst and Red Zone for crits). The problem is that if I use it against normal enemies the fight is over in 10 seconds and against bosses, tyrants or stronger enemies I get killed.
The most fun I have is against large groups of weaker enemies.

I beat that boss yesterday with just one Skell. Me, Elma and Lin were level 27 and the fourth character was around level 22, so it's definitely doable.

Funny thing: my Skell has around 5200HP and Lin has around 5100HP. She's almost tankier than a giant robot.
Yeah, I didnt really have a problem until my teammeates died like i said, she had like 1/8 of health left but once my mech blew up I wasent doing any damage so she killed me
Seriously? :O

xBukK8I.jpg

Can't wait. I just got my first Skell last night and getting to grips with the new combat options and movement. Feels so good and at the same time I'm glad I'm not a super powerhouse with it, especially when aggro-ing the higher level enemies that wouldn't have been before.

getting the mech feels soooooo goooood, I just love parking in places mechs obviously arent designed to be parked in NLA, like yea, im too big to be here, what you gonna do about it?

Golnei

40 hours in and I finally got around to getting a Skell. Though the actual cutscene could have been handled a little better - it builds up the first bit of MONOX; and then unceremoniously cuts to the mission complete fanfare and NLA music before the choir comes in. Even if a full cutscene showing it off might not have been a reasonable expense, changing the hangar music after you get a Skell would have made it less of an anticlimax.

You know one thing about the twist that kind of bugs me is
it might be because I wasn't paying enough attention but before the big reveal everyone in NLA calls themselves human. Then after chapter 5 suddenly everyone who provides gossip bubbles won't shut up about how they're a mimosome. It's almost like everybody knew that the player doesn't know and once the cat's outta the bag there's no point in hiding it anymore.

It was a little convenient. Even if there was heavy foreshadowing in other places, the abrupt change in NPC dialogue did seem kind of forced. Still, I'd prefer that to not updating the dialogue at all.

Kiryu

After Chapter 5 and 6.

I still have feeling that
L is actually spy because he is only their way to find out for the Ma-non advanced weapon and hence why L wanted to take up the store of poor widow lady. Anyone of you be glad to debate this (and of course no spoilers post please!)

HiroTSK5

Oh it's an
L
thing. For some reason I felt like I saw it outside of this thread so I thought it was just a general thing. Early game was over a while ago for me.

They're suppose to be assholes incase you havent picked up on it.

They're being blatantly misogynistic to one of their peers to impress their superior officer standing literally next to her who also happens to be a woman. Elma isn't even going along with it and it lasts a good couple minutes too. It was so fucking weird lmao

Nose Master

Beat Chapter 3, finally getting in to the groove a bit. Just playing it like an MMO, bumbling around. Can you change party member classes besides the main? I wish Tater was playable :/

correojon

50 hours in the game (6 of those the game was just idle as I forgot to turn off the WiiU), still in Chapter 5 and almost my whole party is level 28, not countin the fourth member who I always switch around when missions require it. I think it´s time to start chapter 6 and finally get a shiny Skell :)

In what chapter do you get the flight module? Having a giant robot is awesome but I just want to fly to the top of the giant rock umbrella in Primordia.

El Odio

Banned
40 hours in and I finally got around to getting a Skell. Though the actual cutscene could have been handled a little better - it builds up the first bit of MONOX; and then unceremoniously cuts to the mission complete fanfare and NLA music before the choir comes in. Even if a full cutscene showing it off might not have been a reasonable expense, changing the hangar music after you get a Skell would have made it less of an anticlimax.
I immensely enjoyed that cutscene because not only is it when you finally get your skell but also because that was the same walking sequence from the 2013 E3 trailer where the game was fully revealed. Two and a half years later and it was finally time.

It was a little convenient. Even if there was heavy foreshadowing in other places, the abrupt change in NPC dialogue did seem kind of forced. Still, I'd prefer that to not updating the dialogue at all.
I mean I wouldn't have expected them to not continuously reference it but it gets to the point of where everyone is just like "I'm a mimosome, not a person everyone, that explains everything." Prior to post chapter 5 I think the only point that word shows up is the repair center sign though I'm not sure cause I never bothered to read it till then. Still, it's pretty much my only real gripe with the story at this point (only just completed chapter 7)

Vena

Finally got Intergalactic Phoenix 50. I think I just farmed every single puge and puglith drop to 99 jesus.

I was aggro training two full bases for 50+ enemies, the game was not happy.

Golnei

nintendo should've made this their mmorpg

I'm assuming Monolith will take the Dragon's Dogma approach - a MMO, followed by a PC port of the original game once the period of timed exclusivity expires.

I immensely enjoyed that cutscene because not only is it when you finally get your skell but also because that was the same walking sequence from the 2013 E3 trailer where the game was fully revealed. Two and a half years later and it was finally time.

I mean I wouldn't have expected them to not continuously reference it but it gets to the point of where everyone is just like "I'm a mimosome, not a person everyone, that explains everything." Prior to post chapter 5 I think the only point that word shows up is the repair center sign though I'm not sure cause I never bothered to read it till then. Still, it's pretty much my only real gripe with the story at this point (only just completed chapter 7)

Most of the cutscene was fine, but all of the impact it builds up is lost because of how it ends - the NLA music can instantly deflate any amount of anticipation.

Apparently, Hope's mission doesn't have a chapter requirement, so you could theoretically have done that and heard the line about mimeosome bodies being unable to conceive, which would have given away everything. Still, I agree the handling of it wasn't the most deft - it reminded me a little of the way Faces were depicted in the first game as mute for the opening act, and wouldn't shut up afterwards - or how Egil is conveniently always seen in Yaldabaoth until you run into the Machina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom