• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Q: There are FN sites with mineable resources. I do not quite seem to remember which is which but

Do I need to put a mining probe in order to extract those resources or is it automatically once I opened a FN site?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Q: There are FN sites with mineable resources. I do not quite seem to remember which is which but

Do I need to put a mining probe in order to extract those resources or is it automatically once I opened a FN site?

You need a mining probe there.

Kjellson

Need help with the final boss.

My fuel on my skell ran out and I have serious issues with this guy without it, especially since my other party members already lost theirs. Is there no way to refuel when you die?

TunaLover

Bummer, why they put the game compatible with Wii U Pro Controller if it's missing a crucial feature :/

Can you at least use both controllers at the same time?

Need help with the final boss.

My fuel on my skell ran out and I have serious issues with this guy without it, especially since my other party members already lost theirs. Is there no way to refuel when you die?

Just AFK and leave your game running for a bit to get some fuel back when you die. I had that issue as well although I
kept trying to fight with ground combat. I actually ended up beating him without using my skell on the final form, but took several tries. By the time I beat him, my skell did have like 2k fuel, so I could have used it a little.

Kjellson

Just AFK and leave your game running for a bit to get some fuel back when you die. I had that issue as well although I
kept trying to fight with ground combat. I actually ended up beating him without using my skell on the final form, but took several tries. By the time I beat him, my skell did have like 2k fuel, so I could have used it a little.
SIIIIIGH. I've been standing here forever now and there's barely any fuel refilled. You can't save either. :(

Probably should try beating him on foot, but those stupid lizards are really annoying.

Wagram

So I bought a Skell for like 800,000 credits with weapon costs. Now I have 5x the HP and do about 5x the damage as well. Killing mobs 20-30 levels higher than my character. Bit unbalanced eh?

Vena

So I bought a Skell for like 800,000 credits with weapon costs. Now I have 5x the HP and do about 5x the damage as well. Killing mobs 20-30 levels higher than my character. Bit unbalanced eh?

Go aggro any Tyrant your size or bigger. Have fun.

Or just aggro a Leviathan. Hint:
You will instantly or near instantly die to their gravity attack.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Did one of those Global Nemesis notifications just spoiled me the fact that there's a GODDAMN
TELETHIA
IN THIS GAME!?

SIIIIIGH. I've been standing here forever now and there's barely any fuel refilled. You can't save either. :(

Probably should try beating him on foot, but those stupid lizards are really annoying.

TBH
the lizard enemies made that fight SO much more annoying than it should have. When they spawn, I usually died shortly thereafter. :( And yeah, the fuel does refill really slowly when you're just standing there.. I think if I were you, I'd try fighting on Ground, then maybe switch to your skell to take out the lizards when they spawn quickly, then get back on the boss until your fuel runs out again?

Vena

Did one of those Global Nemesis notifications just spoiled me the fact that there's a GODDAMN
TELETHIA
IN THIS GAME!?

No. Also when you say global nemesis (something everyone can see) and then ask about spoilers, your spoiler tag is irrelevant.

El Odio

Banned
TELETHIA
IN THIS GAME!?
Didn't you beat chapter 6? The giant creature that fuck up the tainted was a telethia. Was a huge callback to the colony 6 scene from the original.

there's something extremely funny about the game not leveling your fucking party members when there's an affinity mission you gotta
have a duel against Gwin
and he levels up from 40 in the first battle to fucking 46 in the next match up and then if you still have him in your party he goes back down to the level you originally had him, which for me was like 20 hahaha.

Get your shit together game.

Having a lot of fun with the game even if it has quite a few flaws. I gotta say though, the skell Insurance/pay to replace system is terrible. It significantly impacts exploration and experimentation in a negative way and offers no benefit. I shouldn't have to be save/restarting as much as I am. If I didn't I couldn't even afford to explore.

Vena

there's something extremely funny about the game not leveling your fucking party members when there's an affinity mission you gotta
have a duel against Gwin
and he levels up from 40 in the first battle to fucking 46 in the next match up and then if you still have him in your party he goes back down to the level you originally had him, which for me was like 20 hahaha.

Get your shit together game.

Post game you won't care. Joker will level your whole crew in like 10 minutes. Technically not even post game. Just get a level 50 skell with Phoenix.

Post game you won't care. Joker will level your whole crew in like 10 minutes. Technically not even post game. Just get a level 50 skell with Phoenix.

doesn't really matter now to be honest. I don't care to do affinity missions as they aren't doing it for me, normal missions is where it's at. I run out of those NLA ones and I'll be done with the game.

Vena

doesn't really matter now to be honest. I don't care to do affinity missions as they aren't doing it for me, normal missions is where it's at. I run out of those NLA ones and I'll be done with the game.

Affinity missions open more normal quests, lol.

Also I recommend at least getting some of the super weapons for the sheer silliness of them. :p

Kureransu

I know I'm wayyyy behind most of you guys now because of other obligations, but man I just finished Doug's first affinity mission. I was level 20, and I swear that lvl 18 boss was a tyrant without it saying it. no way should've been that hard. Once i had a solid strategy and actually went up a level lol, I think i would aggro a couple monsters in towards the end of the fight, which would just murder me.

But man i feel so accomplished taking that mission down. I should be much further, but i find myself exploring and doing normal mission than progressing the story.

Kjellson

TBH
the lizard enemies made that fight SO much more annoying than it should have. When they spawn, I usually died shortly thereafter. :( And yeah, the fuel does refill really slowly when you're just standing there.. I think if I were you, I'd try fighting on Ground, then maybe switch to your skell to take out the lizards when they spawn quickly, then get back on the boss until your fuel runs out again?
I tried that but it ran out after like one attack. Lowered the difficulty though, still tough but I beat that fucker after a while. Thank God for that, otherwise I would have to have the game running overnight.

Kiryu

Whew, got my second duplicator probe pre-chapter 7 thanks to some recon work and Shadowrunner.
Now to adjust my probes.
Where did you get it? D:

I am still doing a lot of normal/basic/affinity missions

Guys, I just did "Lakeside Getaway" quest. Did it remind you...
It's heavily refereeing to Alien (The movie Alien) and I did really enjoyed that simple quest.

Blues1990

I'm dealing with L's mission, 'L's Conumdrum,' and I don't know what to recommend to the customer. I have the choice of the Ball of Honeysmoke, a High-Temperature Pot, or an Electric Hammock.

I seriously don't want to send in that poor fool of a customer to die in Mira.

random25

I can't find the mission for the keycard. I tried refreshing the mission board over and over to no avail. I have done all of the prereqs so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

On another note, skells are awesome for fast leveling up. I'm loving my skell!

Jackano

I read Gwen is needed at some point, so I took him, recruited a lv.39 harrier, and go on a rampage to level him up from lv.13 to lv.24 in 2 hours lol.
Good thing characters win XP even if they are dead.

I should find that Mia character, still not saw her at all.

El Odio

Banned
I read Gwen is needed at some point, so I took him, recruited a lv.39 harrier, and go on a rampage to level him up from lv.13 to lv.24 in 2 hours lol.
Good thing characters win XP even if they are dead.

I should find that Mia character, still not saw her at all.
Her initial spot is on a ledge near division drive to the left.

Luigi87

Where did you get it? D:

I am still doing a lot of normal/basic/affinity missions

Guys, I just did "Lakeside Getaway" quest. Did it remind you...
It's heavily refereeing to Alien (The movie Alien) and I did really enjoyed that simple quest.

It's in Oblivia, Scabland Fortress, near Nav 307. Area is filled with lv.40s, so I had to use Shadowrunner to find it. It's in a small cave in the area where the probe is, behind some Suids (took me a while to find that, I was looking all over the fortress, yet it was just there, lol). Chest requires Mechanical lv. 4 to open.

Up to 98k per tick, which I think is pretty decent for where I'm at in the game (still before Chapter 7)... I hope it's decent.

Zekes!

Started doing some actual sidequests.

Damn, that Alien Nation one got dark quick. I knew something was up when I initiated it, but yo

boiled goose

good with gravy
I can't find the mission for the keycard. I tried refreshing the mission board over and over to no avail. I have done all of the prereqs so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

On another note, skells are awesome for fast leveling up. I'm loving my skell!

Took a while for it to appear on mine. I did a bunch of normal and basic quests and it eventually appeared.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
the only thing I hate is "kill x enemies with y weapon"

will I get to use certain weapons later on? I hate being stuck with rifle and knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom