• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fou-Lu

Only one level away from 50, but I still have a lot of money to go until I can buy a level 50 skell. (Sitting at 1.2 mill now with a revenue of 90k). Wish I could grind money as easily as exp.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This affinity grind is horrible. Can't believe some missions require 4 stars :( At least they gave us an option to replay support missions for affinity though.

Jackano

Speaking of the music being cut and pasted to make battle themes at least Black Tar was completely intact unlike "Wir fliegen" (the overdrive theme).

And speaking of it I really like the Noctilum track. I love when the main theme pops up, this is what I want to hear when exploring!

correojon

Thanks; I've done her first quest now I actually remember her.
I'm still pretty far from getting her, I read about at least 2 other quests and now you're talking about that, I'm currently at chapter 6 only!

Idk how some of you guys are doing, probably rushing the main chapters... I'm 40-50h in and chapter 6, only got a skell I barely use, and lv.28 IIRC.
Me too, 50+h and about to start chapter 6. My main party (MC, Lin and Elma) are all lvl29, almost 30. I want to get a Skell because it´s a f* GIANT ROBOT but at the same time I don´t want to leave behind the skell-less combat mode. I´ve invested so much in my MC, have great plans to upgrade him even further and am finally starting to use Overclok effectively...

Kiryu

Thanks; I've done her first quest now I actually remember her.
I'm still pretty far from getting her, I read about at least 2 other quests and now you're talking about that, I'm currently at chapter 6 only!

Idk how some of you guys are doing, probably rushing the main chapters... I'm 40-50h in and chapter 6, only got a skell I barely use, and lv.28 IIRC.
I am in maybe 60 hours in. I just recently finished chapter 7... and I'm lvl 37. I never used lvl 20 skell. Just used lvl 30 heavy skell because I was 34 by when I beat Chapter 6...

I know I played a lot on Affinity, Basic, and Normal Mission. It's so fun!

I don't have access to overdrive yet, but what did they do to Wir fliegen?
The overdrive version starts about 15 seconds in, reaches about 1:35 and then loops back.

I think the normal version is used in some cutscenses such as a Professor B one (sadly I didn't let them play long enough to confirm)

Shahadan

OH WAIT a minute. i have met HB who is a pathfinder and i am a pathfinder.

so is it linked to your division?

No they're near the affinity mission you have to complete to recruit them. You won't know until you notice said character near the icon

Edit: oh wait dlc characters ? I think for some you need to accept a mission from the board first (Alexa for example iirc).

TheMoon

I just want to say that I'm very surprised by how active this OT is. We're almost 3/4ths of the way to OT 2 and it hasn't even been two weeks since launch!

If you took out all the people asking the same 5 questions that are answered in the first post over and over again, we'd only be on page 20 :D

I swear I must be fundamentally doing something wrong. Some of these fights take forever, even though I'm in a little danger. My arts are upgraded, so are my skills. Is that just how the game is early on?

Yeah kinda

Until I got to a point where I had a good set of arts down it was taking forever. Now I can kill enemies 10 levels higher than me in about 20s

tizaffy

Neo Member
well i feel like im really stuck now. I need to grind affinity for Lao, L and gwin to progress the story / affinity quests further. What is the quickest way to get affinity up??

Blues1990

I've been experimenting with Lin, and I find the skills of Shield Wall, Cool Off, Trash Talk, and Enhanced Stand are pretty effective for her build. What are the other arts should I add to her, in order to round her out? I was thinking of a few attacking arts for the Soul Voices, but I don't know which one is the most effective.

Edit: As for Elma, I have Shadow Strike, Hundred Shells, Electric Surge, Executioner, Blood Sacrifice, Shadow Runner, Side Slash. What other range attack should I have for the Soul Voice procs?

Xane

well i feel like im really stuck now. I need to grind affinity for Lao, L and gwin to progress the story / affinity quests further. What is the quickest way to get affinity up??

The way I've done it is I took random characters with me BUT Lin and Elena everytime I went on to do missions so I can primarily concentrate on the missions without the farming of affinity in mind, until they have about three hearts (which should be enough for all affinity quests).

tizaffy

Neo Member
The way I've done it is I took random characters with me BUT Lin and Elena everytime I went on to do missions so I can primarily concentrate on the missions without the farming of affinity in mind, until they have about three hearts (which should be enough for all affinity quests).

Another quick way is, if you have ignored gathering quests so far, you can just choose all the gathering quests you already have the mats for. this got me to 1 heart on L, lao and Gwin in 5mins.

Kiryu

Chapter 8

Nice start for the war to prevail the invasion but I already knew that they wanted our Dark Mech and... with Elma's look showed that they are heavily hinting that Lao is spy which is why Ganglion knew BLADE's secret. One thing I hated about after Chapter 8... Every people are normal to the city after the invasion, we should have been terrified, wounded, repair the damaged building... Disappointing.

JCH!

Is there a way of making Heavy Skells not butt ugly? They are so bulky, they look terrible.
Right now rocking a Formula, but I have the nagging impression that it's a bit weak. Any tips?

Is there a way of making Heavy Skells not butt ugly? They are so bulky, they look terrible.
Right now rocking a Formula, but I have the nagging impression that it's a bit weak. Any tips?

Probably the easiest way to make a heavy Skell look good is to use an overall solid color, light color can be anything, and press "Y" to make it a matte finish which brings out the color more.

AniHawk

chapter 5 added the urgency i felt the game had been missing. it also makes it a lot more personal than the game initially made itself out to be. it also kinda makes fucking around and exploring the planet like a big waste of time that really ought to be spent doing other things.

Chapter 11

I absolutely love the angle they were going with the boss's motive. The party's response is great too. I got some Return of the Jedi feels for moment.

random25

More than 50% survey rate on Primordia, 50% on Noctilum, next is 50% on Oblivia and I can move on to Chapter 7. Phog is fun to control.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
...Prospectors are always top I see. But I picked Harriers and switching is expensive. :/

If I don't play online I'm fine right?

Mupod

I swear division bonuses are completely unbalanced. I finally decided that I'd maybe had enough of being a mountain goat in a giant robot so I got my flight pack. Switched to Pathfinders and set about exploring the world. I'd already explored quite a bit on foot, but had only run through Cauldros a little bit. Still put down at least 20 probes or so...barely made a dent in my BLADE ranking. At least now I'm making 45k miranium/130k money every cycle.

I've noticed that Prospectors are always light years ahead of everyone else on the rankings so I guess I'll try that for a day.

Anyone have a pic of their Frontier Nav that's making 150k+ in money? I'm stuck at 85k
There might be better combinations but you want something along the lines of what is shown here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451
Do note you'll need the sightseeing spots found to really bring in the cash in Oblivia and most of them require flight.

I swear division bonuses are completely unbalanced. I finally decided that I'd maybe had enough of being a mountain goat in a giant robot so I got my flight pack. Switched to Pathfinders and set about exploring the world. I'd already explored quite a bit on foot, but had only run through Cauldros a little bit. Still put down at least 20 probes or so...barely made a dent in my BLADE ranking. At least now I'm making 45k miranium/130k money every cycle.

I've noticed that Prospectors are always light years ahead of everyone else on the rankings so I guess I'll try that for a day.
It feels like they didn't account for how frequently an activity is done leaving pathfinders really out of luck. There is also the matter that late in the game you'll find everything leaving them with no activities to boost, reclaimers are similar. Curators have this problem to a lesser extent as well. But if you don't want salvage tickets it is fine.

...Prospectors are always top I see. But I picked Harriers and switching is expensive. :/

If I don't play online I'm fine right?
You have to be online to switch and if you're offline you're not getting the division spoils anyway.

There might be better combinations but you want something along the lines of what is shown here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451
Do note you'll need the sightseeing spots found to really bring in the cash in Oblivia and most of them require flight.

It feels like they didn't account for how frequently an activity is done leaving pathfinders really out of luck. There is also the matter that late in the game you'll find everything leaving them with no activities to boost, reclaimers are similar. Curators have this problem to a lesser extent as well. But if you don't want salvage tickets it is fine.

You have to be online to switch and if you're offline you're not getting the division spoils anyway.

Thanks. Damn, I almost have that setup and still nowhere bear 180k. I just have 3 probe IVs down instead of Vs. And I lack one less booster...

So can someone please answer this clearly? I would be super greatful.

Why are some Squad missions I'm qualified for Grey and say my squad has completely it? Open missions can also change to Grey over time.

Are missions really only one per 32 member squad?

Dineren

Banned
The more I play, the more impressed I am by normal missions. I wasn't expecting much going in, but I've enjoyed them enough that I spent pretty much all my play time last night doing the ones I had missed so far instead of moving on to chapter 11. It seems like every time I completed one, two more would open up. I hadn't planned on bothering with most of the affinity missions, but if they open up more normal missions I guess I better get to affinity grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom