• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytiger

Neo Member
Can't hand in Yardley's quest despite having all the criteria met and the green exclamation icon above him. Has this problem come up in the thread yet? Or any other unfinishable missions for that matter? Google was unhelpful...

KarmaCow

Can't hand in Yardley's quest despite having all the criteria met and the green exclamation icon above him. Has this problem come up in the thread yet? Or any other unfinishable missions for that matter? Google was unhelpful...

I've had quests bug out like that. Usually warping back in to reload the area fixes it.

Zomba13

Double check you actually have the items to give. Sometimes you can have enough then hand them in for something else and then be like 0/1 on a hand in but it still shows green.

lazytiger

Neo Member
I've had quests bug out like that. Usually warping back in to reload the area fixes it.
I’ve been back and forth a few times to check on it, including a couple of console restarts but to no avail. It actually happened at the same time with Kristy with one of the Oblivia trailblazing missions. She also had the green icon but didn’t accept anything from me. But then the miranium ticked over and I was able to hand that part in. I’ll keep checking it and see how it goes. I’m really hoping I haven’t hit an exotic set of circumstances with that that has bugged out the mission…
Double check you actually have the items to give. Sometimes you can have enough then hand them in for something else and then be like 0/1 on a hand in but it still shows green.
Ah good point. I double checked that I had the space things, but not the sunset thing. I'll do that next time I jump on. Cheers.

Done all the Skell license stuff except for get a 15k credit income. Why the heck don't I have any research probes? I don't even remember using them.

Zomba13

Ah good point. I double checked that I had the space things, but not the sunset thing. I'll do that next time I jump on. Cheers.

For me it was the California Sunset. I had 1, got the quest to the next stage (the hand in) but I used it for something so when I went to talk to him I didn't progress. Took me a while to realise it was because I was 0/1 on the sunset.

Blues1990

I'm dealing with L's mission, 'L's Conumdrum,' and I don't know what to recommend to the customer. I have the choice of the Ball of Honeysmoke, a High-Temperature Pot, or an Electric Hammock.

I seriously don't want to send in that poor fool of a customer to die in Mira.

Bump.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sorry, I think that's super far-fetched and something NOBODY would ever think when seeing the pic

Well, maybe they now will since you said it's a spoiler

Agree to disagree, I guess

They would find it to be a spoiler if they have started the quest, and are aware of the item being looked for.

lazytiger

Neo Member
For me it was the California Sunset. I had 1, got the quest to the next stage (the hand in) but I used it for something so when I went to talk to him I didn't progress. Took me a while to realise it was because I was 0/1 on the sunset.
Yep, spot on. Farmed around for another California Sunset and the hand in worked fine. I suspect some over zealous Collectopedia-ing was too blame in my case :D Anyways, thank you kindly.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
finished chapter 7

is it me, or Grinding takes so much time >.> ? my current level is 27 and i put 29 hours in the whole game right now.

any good areas/monsters that can give me great amount of exp at my current level ?

and when can i get my skell to fly ?

Don't worry, get a heavy skell for level 30. Went from level 30 to 45 in about 20 minutes... 45 to 50 how ever..

jfoul

Finished the game yesterday after about 130 hours. I'll come back to it for post game activities when I finish other games.

During post game, the amount of
credits, miranium and affinity
handed out is ridiculous and super easy to obtain
(Example) Support Mission Quests: 5 minutes for 300,000 credits, 30,000 miranium, Greatly increase affinity with party members

B_Bech

First thing I did when I got my Skell licence was purchase a level 30 Heavy Skell. (The most expensive one available to me.) Next thing I did was purchase medium and light level 30 Skells for my main bitches-- Lin and Elma. I really don't think the game expected me to have that much money -- I'm a prospector-- because hoo boy, did that sure knock the challenge factor down to ZERO. I leveled up so fast just screwing around in my Skell! Story missions (and any missions for that matter) have become non-sensibly easy... Like, swatting flies easy.

I feel like this game is in desperate need of adjustable difficulty settings a la Fallout 4. The way the mission structure is set up, the game basically encourages you to grind and amass resources... only to punish you by offering you a breezy joy ride of a story mode as a reward for being diligent. I hop out of my skell to enjoy myself (because I find Skell fighting to be brain dead)... and uh, I still wipe the floor with any poor indigenous creature in my path the moment I throw out Overdrive. I see enemies that put up a challenge... (green and some blue) but I don't fight them out of fear of becoming even more overpowered.

Don't get me wrong, I adore this game... but somebody please tell me I at least have some challenge waiting for me.

Kjellson

You only have access to level 50 Skells during the main story-line.
After you finish the game unique crafted Skells open up, along with super weapons.
I recently beat it and took a quick look at the store. Maybe I skimmed by them or something.

correojon

This may be already known but anyway:
WARNING: possible way to screw your game!
There´s an affinity quest where you have to travel to 2 Nopon caravans to sign a treaty, one is located in Oblivia and the other in Noctilum. Do the Noctilum one first. Tatsu´s mother will go fishing and you´ll have to look for her, but if you go to the Oblivian caravan first this might not trigger! As it´s an affinity quest you can´t just ignore this mission so you´ll effectively be stuck. I was lucky that I didn´t save so I could just reset the game and do the quest from the beginning in the correct order, but be careful.

Yesterday I thought I would do just one simple mission and then advance the main story to chapter 6 and finally get a Skell. The thing is that while doing that first mission I got sidetracked with other missions along the way and found a new really awesome zone in Noctilum so in the end I just spent all my time exploring and doing many new missions. Jumping on giant fluorescent plants at night at 100 meters from the ground was amazing. I love this game.

Wichu

There´s an affinity quest where you have to travel to 2 Nopon caravans to sign a treaty, one is located in Oblivia and the other in Noctilum. Do the Noctilum one first. Tatsu´s mother will go fishing and you´ll have to look for her, but if you go to the Oblivian caravan first this might not trigger! As it´s an affinity quest you can´t just ignore this mission so you´ll effectively be stuck. I was lucky that I didn´t save so I could just reset the game and do the quest from the beginning in the correct order, but be careful.

I thought I fucked up my save file too, but it turns out that there's just a bug in the mission where it won't automatically select the sub-mission you're given. You need to go to the mission list and manually choose it.

Kiryu

Yesterday I thought I would do just one simple mission and then advance the main story to chapter 6 and finally get a Skell. The thing is that while doing that first mission I got sidetracked with other missions along the way and found a new really awesome zone in Noctilum so in the end I just spent all my time exploring and doing many new missions. Jumping on giant fluorescent plants at night at 100 meters from the ground was amazing. I love this game.
Well I did oblivia first... I was ok. o.o

Vena

doesn't that one hit multiple enemies? I can't tell you the times I'm tired of fighting one enemy but someone else aggros like 3 more high level fuckers and I gotta bail.

Yes. But it also kills them all the same. It hits everything twice if you aim it correctly, which means it deals the same damage as G to everything. If you have M.GP, you will instantly max GP and Overdrive.

It has the same single-target damage and wipes out swathes of anything smaller than your Skell. It makes farming things extremely easy and is, in my opinion, on the same tier as Phoenix for non-Super Weapon super weapons.

I thought I fucked up my save file too, but it turns out that there's just a bug in the mission where it won't automatically select the sub-mission you're given. You need to go to the mission list and manually choose it.
Yeah, that's what it is. I just did this mission and went to Oblivia first. Check your quest log folks!

Yes. But it also kills them all the same. It hits everything twice if you aim it correctly, which means it deals the same damage as G to everything. If you have M.GP, you will instantly max GP and Overdrive.

It has the same single-target damage and wipes out swathes of anything smaller than your Skell. It makes farming things extremely easy and is, in my opinion, on the same tier as Phoenix for non-Super Weapon super weapons.

assuming the augment on both weapon are the same, in average, total single target G2 is still less than G though, as there's 5000 difference in total force

Golnei

So Lara Nara and Yosuf are dating, yes?

I guess that's pretty cool for a Nintendo game.

Considering the tradition it's drawing from, I guess you have to be grateful they didn't pull out any rape jokes, or similar implications. He's still an inconsequential comic relief caricature, but that's really the best you can hope for with JRPGs, never mind Nintendo.

I should find that Mia character, still not saw her at all.
So you've not done any of her quest line? You need to complete that and then
around chapter 11 she will join

Started doing some actual sidequests.

Damn, that Alien Nation one got dark quick. I knew something was up when I initiated it, but yo
As long as you didn't
stand there and watch them get shot
. I also liked the added tough of there being
dead Nopon in view on that scene too

Is it supposed to happen that you lose control of your char entirely at the final fight? Like I had him at like literally 100 hp left or something and suddenly the menu disappeared and I couldn't do a thing, my char just moved automatically and did random attacks and got killed. Hope that's a debuff cus otherwise that's giant shitstain of a bug

Is it supposed to happen that you lose control of your char entirely at the final fight? Like I had him at like literally 100 hp left or something and suddenly the menu disappeared and I couldn't do a thing, my char just moved automatically and did random attacks and got killed. Hope that's a debuff cus otherwise that's giant shitstain of a bug

you've been mind controlled or whatever the skill name is

Ferrio

Banned
I swear I must be fundamentally doing something wrong. Some of these fights take forever, even though I'm in a little danger. My arts are upgraded, so are my skills. Is that just how the game is early on?

Jackano

So you've not done any of her quest line? You need to complete that and then
around chapter 11 she will join

Thanks; I've done her first quest now I actually remember her.
I'm still pretty far from getting her, I read about at least 2 other quests and now you're talking about that, I'm currently at chapter 6 only!

Idk how some of you guys are doing, probably rushing the main chapters... I'm 40-50h in and chapter 6, only got a skell I barely use, and lv.28 IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom