• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

zma1013

I like that this game let's you give asshole responses. I'm always the nice guy in games so in this I've just gone full asshole on everyone.

I'm not sure if it is any but (chapter 9 ending spoilers)
since Lao can't be used it would be anything involving him including his heart to hearts (but fuck getting him up to 5 hearts affinity). I believe the story forces his affinity missions onto you anyway so no missing afterburner and balance breaker.

East Oblivia has lots of areas with sightseeing spots and great revenue to start with. It is a matter of placing research, boosters and duplicators strategically. FN315 is a great place to put a duplicator. On the two D rank revenue nodes north and east place boosters and on the two south ones put research.

A sightseeing spot will make a place with an E rank in revenue worth more than a place with A rank revenue.

All the sightseeing spots will require flight module though (surprisingly though apparently the giant ring can be done without but it is tough)

Here is a good rundown of the Skell frames and weights.

I'd recommend one heavy Amdusias. The scythe is great (basically a double backslash) and will serve well until you find a stronger scythe (giant beetles), G-buster or G2-buster (puge, puglith) for that slot.

Like ground weapons the shops don't have much good when it comes to skellweapons.

I searched and people said only the latter though a few people speculated it affected cockpit view probability too.

I don't know, the store has been good for finding me weapons that consistently have Crush: TP Gain on them, which is godlike for me as a Photo Sword weilder. And I don't need to grind for them of course.

Are there cutscenes where they use skells? I'm trying to think of some, but it seems like they are always on foot. Even the times where you are in a skell and initiate a cutscene.

There are a few at least. There's one in
chapter 8
, and based on what I've seen in the trailers, more to come.

Predefined to their character.

Ahhh, fair enough. I just saw a cutscene where Irina was piloting a Skell that was the same model and had the exact same colour scheme as the one my Avatar uses, so I got confused. Hell, I thought it was my Avatar in the scene until they showed it was Irina behind the wheels.

Lol WTF at the Meredith & Co. level 1 outfits. "Light Wear" is right.

Yeah, I unlocked that and was like, "Oh, I guess I found the pandering clothing line."

Yay for fashion wear in case any of them have good stats. Single biggest problem I had with the original Xenoblade was that I often felt like the game was trying to force me to exploit the hell out of the female cast. Make it equal opportunity or not at all. Fashion wear solves that handily.

NeonZ

My avatar's new outfit (I really wanted that chest armor for a while, but couldn't use it as fashion gear before getting to the right level) and some Skells.

s9P8hD1.jpg

8Pn72tU.jpg

For the first Skell, I tried a Gundam-like color scheme.

Yeah, I unlocked that and was like, "Oh, I guess I found the pandering clothing line."

Yay for fashion wear in case any of them have good stats. Single biggest problem I had with the original Xenoblade was that I often felt like the game was trying to force me to exploit the hell out of the female cast. Make it equal opportunity or not at all. Fashion wear solves that handily.

I wont lie if theres a schoolgirl outfit Im putting all the girls in those. I also want all the cat, rabbit etc ears. Im part of the problem 😔

I had to give Elma a regular bulky ass armor piece because the coolest armor for male has the female variation that's just an open chest with boobs about to burst out.

I understand that certain people wanna have their ladies run around in underwear, but jeesh man.

Evilkazz

Banned
it takes a chain of missions to do.

Like all of the ones dealing with the water plant, plus some dealing with a group of blades.

Well that's a little vague. I remember doing some water plant mission though. 1 with the religious cult and the other with the egg monster horror stuff. Are either of those related?

Well that's a little vague. I remember doing some water plant mission though. 1 with the religious cult and the other with the egg monster horror stuff. Are either of those related?

yes and those are part of them. I think you have a couple more before the mission gets unlocked. You might have to go to the water plant to get the next mission can't remember.

I wont lie if theres a schoolgirl outfit Im putting all the girls in those. I also want all the cat, rabbit etc ears. Im part of the problem 😔

Man I don't care if people want to dress their characters in ridiculous outfits, I just want options and fairness. If your game is going to include this stuff, I want 1) equal opportunity cheesecake even though I'm not the type to use it, because chronically portraying the genders as different on this front is unfair and sends a terrible message; and unless your game is actually themed around cheesecake, 2) to not be forced to wear exploitative gear because it has the best stats, so either have a mix of roughly equally good high-end gear, or, even better, fashion wear.

1) should really be standard, and 2) is easily solved with fashion wear/vanity slots. The exploitation female characters tend to get in games bothers me hugely, but I also know people like their ridiculous costume options, so I always push these two things because together they should cover everything and everyone goes home happy. :)

Golnei

That's a little different, though - they're presented just as bikinis, school uniforms etc. rather than actual armour which just so happens to look like them. Would it really be that much of a loss if there was no gender dimorphism with the actual armour designs, but the fashion gear still allowed you to dress up characters in similarly revealing or fetishistic clothes?

My avatar's new outfit (I really wanted that chest armor for a while, but couldn't use it as fashion gear before getting to the right level) and some Skells.

For the first Skell, I tried a Gundam-like color scheme.

Very nice. You use green very well. I've always found it one of the more difficult colours to work with.

I had to give Elma a regular bulky ass armor piece because the coolest armor for male has the female variation that's just an open chest with boobs about to burst out.

I understand that certain people wanna have their ladies run around in underwear, but jeesh man.

I haven't even seen a lot of the male armour yet. I'm only playing a few hours a day to wind down the night (yay finals), I always have Elma and Lin in my party, my avatar is female, and I haven't bothered messing with the ancillary party members' gear yet. I should really find out what they look like.

And yeah, I really fucking hate it when I find a stylish armour that looks awesome on a male character, so I want to put it on a female character, and no, you don't get access to that because we have to exploit the fuck out of her instead. Locked out of so much neat equipment over the years for bullshit reasons. If an armour is cool on a male character, it should be cool on the female characters. If it's sexy on the female characters, make it sexy on the male characters. Cover all your bases!

fzpKFxt.gif

I do feel the same every time I take a Bounty mission and the Tyrant is not only big but also particularly nasty.

I loved that line.

I haven't even seen a lot of the male armour yet. I'm only playing a few hours a day to wind down the night (yay finals), I always have Elma and Lin in my party, my avatar is female, and I haven't bothered messing with the ancillary party members' gear yet. I should really find out what they look like.

And yeah, I really fucking hate it when I find a stylish armour that looks awesome on a male character, so I want to put it on a female character, and no, you don't get access to that because we have to exploit the fuck out of her instead. Locked out of so much neat equipment over the years for bullshit reasons. If an armour is cool on a male character, it should be cool on the female characters. If it's sexy on the female characters, make it sexy on the male characters. Cover all your bases!

I loved that line.

you're missing out. The last AM you can get has the heavy armor variation for males that makes you look like Black Panther.

How do you know wether a weapon is a super weapon or not?

Depends on what you're building your character around.

If one of the store bought weapons/armor with fully upgraded AM has a gem/augment that helps your build, then choose that. If none have anything in particular you NEED for your build, choose the one that would probably benefit your character the most.

For example I have a TP build character, so I get armor and weapons that raise my potential and/or TP max.

edit: sorry misread hahahaha.

Super weapons are separate in the AM terminal, when yo go build them. And they take up more slots in a Skell.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I'm the only one that feels like cheating after getting the flying backpack? Suddently all the exploration of the new zones vanished :_

There's a ton of places only reachable in a flying skell and many of them in places you wouldn't even think to check so keep exploring because there's still a lot to find.

desu

Too bulky. Urban is sleek in design. I also really like the Lailah, don't like the Bunny though. Ares-90 is intimidating as fuck, but its bulky.

Ares running animation looks super weird (like ice skating, just bad), and the way he stands when nobody is on board looks meh as well. Imho the Ares is one of the, if not the ugliest of all mechs for me.

Vena

Ares running animation looks super weird (like ice skating, just bad), and the way he stands when nobody is on board looks meh as well. Imho the Ares is one of the, if not the ugliest of all mechs for me.

The "take a knee" football pose?

Kyzon

Had a weird glitch that made all enemies disappear from the map. Was cool seeing hidden doors and stuff inside of giant enemies :p

Please please please tell me there's a way to highlight the items you need to gather for missions on the map or have them at least give you a general area or something? This was literally my least favorite part of the first game and if I have to do one of these as a side mission instead of random bumblefuck mission I'll be so irritated.

Please please please tell me there's a way to highlight the items you need to gather for missions on the map or have them at least give you a general area or something? This was literally my least favorite part of the first game and if I have to do one of these as a side mission instead of random bumblefuck mission I'll be so irritated.

you can get more info from quest givers sometimes, but your best bet is to use the collecpedia in this doc that tells you locations:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Finalow

I liked how someone finally realized that
all the aliens on the planet speak english/japanese, and asked "how is this possible/ is it magics?!"
but it's still a bit silly that only Elma thought about it.

i'm about to finish the story and outside of a few normal missions such as those dealing with racist humans, shit has been extremely basic and disappointing. The best moments are the few you get to be an asshole/boasting douchebag, and the story even has sections they don't let you choose what your character will do because the plot demands he/she does something.
my point was not "the story is actually good", I don't think I even saw half of it. so far I liked some side quests, I think I also liked the plot device in chapter 5, in a way it was pretty clever.

I think its a perfectly fair complain, the game has poor sense of pacing even compared to the first Xeno, not everyone is going o like exploring 30 to 40 hours before the story gets interesting in an RPG, especially when many lines are about eating the mascot character.
I do agree that "let's eat Tatsu!" got annoying after the first 2 times and repeating the fucking joke 100 more times doesn't help, but again, my point was that you can't expect from a jrpg big as this one to drop plot twists 2 hours after the introduction. that's not really how you should write games like this, first introductions to the world/characters etc. and possibly some clever foreshadowing, only later you start making ''big things'' happen. in Xenoblade, I disliked what happens to Fiora at the beginning because the later outcame was obvious, I'd rather have 10 hours of introductions than random forced drama.

I'm not saying this game doesn't have pacing problems, but it surely isn't a fair to complain about it after barely 6 hours. after 20-30 hours still nothing happens? Sure, that could be an issue.
and if he doesn't enjoy exploration then he's probably playing the wrong game. :p

Vena

Oh wow. Xe-dom's drop some cool ass Skell weapons.

Also Mega Gravity is terrifying as shit. If I wasn't in a light Ubran, he'd be one shotting me with that shit.

alvis.exe

Does anyone know where the Nopon from the Nopon Bazaar went to? Chiroro I think the name was, from the little scene you see where (super minor non-story spoilers, tagged to be safe)
her customer gets mad that she lost all her hair and Chiroro sets out to Oblivia to find a medicine.
I've done a quick fly-through all over Oblivia and I can't seem to find her :/

If you're talking collectibles, there are maps available online that you can use to figure out where to run in circles to get the specific collectibles you need. They've been really reliable for me and I haven't had to spend much time for gathering quests at all.

If you're talking monster drops, just buy them with reward tickets lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom