• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in your scenario? In mine all 3 guys ambushed me and I killed them. Case close?

different quest. This is a late game quest.

I'm only up to chapter 11, but so far it seems like you last spoiler is opposite of reality.

D1ZHcQv.jpg

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I know there's a few things that will give it trouble solo, I just don't know what they are. But maybe if you play it perfectly you can even beat them.

But it looks sleek as hell. (Inferior to Urban.)

What?! Look at this beauty. Urban does look nice, but I still prefer Lailah and Veerus over it.

WVW69iqGTyA61Iey9S

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I'm the only one that feels like cheating after getting the flying backpack? Suddently all the exploration of the new zones vanished :_

What's this and how can I get one? O.O

Yes, it is why Monolith lock it behind all of these chapters. That is the Ares 90. You unlock the blueprint post-game.

Zomba13

What does the Potential Stat do for Skells? I know with ground it boosts damage from TP moves but what does it do on Skells? All attacks take fuel, does it boost them? Does it only boost damage in overdrive?

Also, does the Phoenix weapon on a Skell get boosted by range attack/accuracy?

What does the Potential Stat do for Skells? I know with ground it boosts damage from TP moves but what does it do on Skells? All attacks take fuel, does it boost them? Does it only boost damage in overdrive?

Also, does the Phoenix weapon on a Skell get boosted by range attack/accuracy?
Not sure exactly, but it probably keeps the feature of healing you more with soul voices

Asking again.

What does it mean when Squad missions I should be able to take are grayed out and they say this mission has already been taken by this squad?

So it's only one mission attempt per 32 man squad?

Seems unfair to the people who do squad tasks.

Asking again.

What does it mean when Squad missions I should be able to take are grayed out and they say this mission has already been taken by this squad?

So it's only one mission attempt per 32 man squad?

Seems unfair to the people who do squad tasks.
Are you trying to join one or start it yourself?

Best normal mission was going along with a war hungry
female prone
as we took on
entire ganglion bases by ourselves

She would boast that she could kill faster than i did.

Then I would beat her record.

Then we'd move on and she'd say she feels a primal bloodlust in me and that she has wanted to hunt with this 'earth alien' for a while now.

I chose the option "flex your muscles"

I swear to God I wanted my character and this alien to go at it like wild grex right there on the spot. All of the boasting and Barbarian flirting.

Finalow

OK, so I'm maybe 6 hours or so in, maybe less.

- The story is dull, so far. The characters are OK but nothing to write home about. I do enjoy the premise and the world itself, but there's nothing that much to keep me playing.
um, this is a 70 hours long jrpg or so, you played it for 6 or less. since you just got Tatsu you literally saw nothing about the story or most of the characters, just introductions, which is how writing a story or characters for jprgs usually works. whether those things are bad or not I believe you should wait a bit before judging.

Where do you usually post your fanfiction?

The xeno looked at Geralt of New Rivia

"You are strong for Earth Alien, now take me with your earth alien strength"

*Stares blankly*

Code:
[Do as she says]
[Suggest you cook Tatsu instead] X

"Tatsu not for eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaating"

*The Big Bang Theory end credits song starts playing*

*audience members having doritos and mountain dew spit their drink and laugh uncontrollably*

Astral Dog

So this BFF uest is giving me trouble, whats that about giving 30,000 credits only to advance? I assume you can get a big part later, also i cant find the Mamapon, there is no direction, so far im regretting taking this quest. :/

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Too bulky. Urban is sleek in design. I also really like the Lailah, don't like the Bunny though. Ares-90 is intimidating as fuck, but its bulky.

Fair enough. Truth be told, I like Ares-90 more for the light effects and its transformed mode. Lailah is definitely my favorite.

So this BFF uest is giving me trouble, whats that about giving 30,000 credits only to advance? I assume you can get a big part later, also i cant find the Mamapon, there is no direction, so far im regretting taking this quest. :/

Go to your mission list and manually pick the mission to find mamapon. I got confused too when the mission pointed at the camp. I heard its a bug that did not automatically switch your mission.

Squishy3

The xeno looked at Geralt of New Rivia

"You are strong for Earth Alien, now take me with your earth alien strength"

*Stares blankly*

Code:
[Do as she says]

*audience members having doritos and mountain dew spit their drink and laugh uncontrollably*
those would be better if the person that came to freeload was always someone different than vandham. there's the one time where it isn't but every other time it's vandham.

oh man the flying music is really good

um, this is a 70 hours long jrpg or so, you played it for 6 or less. since you just got Tatsu you literally saw nothing about the story or most of the characters, just introductions, which is how writing a story or characters for jprgs usually works. whether those things are bad or not I believe you should wait a bit before judging.

i'm about to finish the story and outside of a few normal missions such as those dealing with racist humans, shit has been extremely basic and disappointing. The best moments are the few you get to be an asshole/boasting douchebag, and the story even has sections they don't let you choose what your character will do because the plot demands he/she does something.

Astral Dog

I think its a perfectly fair complain, the game has poor sense of pacing even compared to the first Xeno, not everyone is going o like exploring 30 to 40 hours before the story gets interesting in an RPG, especially when many lines are about eating the mascot character.

Edit: thanks about that quest help :)

Vena

Fair enough. Truth be told, I like Ares-90 more for the light effects and its transformed mode. Lailah is definitely my favorite.

I'd love Lailah more if it had 3-slots on the Frame and better base evasion. But with Skell Wear, I can get close enough to 6000 GP on the Urban Frame and I get to have the extra frame slot. That lost slot is a LOT of a stat on a stacked category since its % scaling.

I use the 20 Fuel Capture (infinite fuel, yay), and working on the 25% evasion and potential boosts. With proper gear and stacked Evasion slots, I shall make an untouchable Urban! (Which is all totally meaningless.)

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I'd love Lailah more if it had 3-slots on the Frame and better base evasion. But with Skell Wear, I can get close enough to 6000 GP on the Urban Frame and I get to have the extra frame slot. That lost slot is a LOT of a stat on a stacked category since its % scaling.

I use the 20 Fuel Capture (infinite fuel, yay), and working on the 25% evasion and potential boosts. With proper gear and stacked Evasion slots, I shall make an untouchable Urban! (Which is all totally meaningless.)

Gotcha, I was actually discussing about the skells appearance-wise. In terms of functional, I am not too concerned right now due to Ares-90. I am actually more concerned with my Blossom Dance build. Plus once I get the Zenith Cannon level 60. I heard everything is pretty much one-hit KOed. I am planning to get all the level 60 frames though eventually....... or start the game all over again in a new profile O.O

Jarmel

Banned
Code:
[Do as she says]

I would have been fine with this joke if I actually ate Tatsu at the end.

Vena

Gotcha, I was actually discussing about the skells appearance-wise. In terms of functional, I am not too concerned right now due to Ares-90. I am actually more concerned with my Blossom Dance build. Plus once I get the Zenith Cannon level 60. I heard everything is pretty much one-hit KOed. I am planning to get all the level 60 frames though eventually....... or start the game all over again in a new profile O.O

Oh I was talking appearance too. But one must always factor in functionality!

Urban just looks nice to me. Amdusias looks like a giant block of wood, Mastema has a dumb car mode, the Bunny is a Bunny, the Inferno has toes (eww!), and the Formula has a dumb horn. Lailah is great looking as is the Ares.

Playing with the camera super close to me. A lot more epic this way and more suspenseful as I cant survey my surroundings as well and not sure if im walking into high level monster territory.

This close up makes me appreciate the graphics and art even more. Monsters, environments, stuff looks great dudes.

Chapter 4:
lol @ tentacle space fanservice evil lady. What is wrong with her face though

Where do you usually post your fanfiction?

I too would like to know

Got me a Phoenix yesterday while questing. Item stat screens are not very good. If I hadn't heard the name, I might not have realized it was any good. Longer cooldown, half the force of the buster I was using. Actually have to tab over to see that it hits three times and affects all nearby enemies, which is insane.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Oh I was talking appearance too. But one must always factor in functionality!

Urban just looks nice to me. Amdusias looks like a giant block of wood, Mastema has a dumb car mode, the Bunny is a Bunny, the Inferno has toes (eww!), and the Formula has a dumb horn. Lailah is great looking as is the Ares.

I will eventually start thinking functionality for Global Nemesis purposes. Cannot resist the feeling to take on a global nemesis on foot and due as much damage as a zenith cannon ><.

Guys, are we forced to join BLADE? The people keep telling me its an option, but I'm not finding any alternatives to it.

i mean the whole game is BLADE so yes lol

but at least it's funny how they pretend you have an option

if the creators really wanted to have fun with it you could say no and then walk out the room.

Roll credits.

Lumyst

Playing with the camera super close to me. A lot more epic this way and more suspenseful as I cant survey my surroundings as well and not sure if im walking into high level monster territory.

This close up makes me appreciate the graphics and art even more. Monsters, environments, stuff looks great dudes.

Yep, same here, I prefer to center the character and lower the camera one click. Battles look like this instead:

You get such a better sense of scale and can tell how huge everything is compared to the characters. You look at the characters instead of over them, so it's like being pulled along for a ride. The downside is that it can get nauseating :p

Alright, found the heart to hearts in the OP Google guide....but I can't seem to have Doug appear at his third and Hope at her second heart to heart. Is there someone I have to talk to first, or another affinity mission to do?

i mean the whole game is BLADE so yes lol

but at least it's funny how they pretend you have an option

if the creators really wanted to have fun with it you could say no and then walk out the room.

Roll credits.

I kinda had the impression that it was optional, given how many times they repeat it is lol. Plus, I remember some talks about factions you could join back then, so I thought maybe BLADE was one of them. This last point, though, I might be remembering incorrectly, since its been a long time and my memory is quite fuzzy.

Golnei

Chapter 4:
lol @ tentacle space fanservice evil lady. What is wrong with her face though

I'm not sure what's worse -
that her face isn't even close to the worst in the game, or that her outfit is a clear sight less tacky and aesthetically abhorrent than the Machina.

Delio

Please tell me I get one of those cat people as a playable character later? Just finished Story mission eight and damn they look badass

I kinda had the impression that it was optional, given how many times they repeat it is lol. Plus, I remember some talks about factions you could join back then, so I thought maybe BLADE was one of them. This last point, though, I might be remembering incorrectly, since its been a long time and my memory is quite fuzzy.
BLADE is an umbrella organization that houses the several factions you can join, so while you can't opt out of being BLADE for story purposes, you can choose to be a Prospector, Pathfinder, Interceptor, etc.

Which normal mission can you miss?
I'm not sure if it is any but (chapter 9 ending spoilers)
since Lao can't be used it would be anything involving him including his heart to hearts (but fuck getting him up to 5 hearts affinity). I believe the story forces his affinity missions onto you anyway so no missing afterburner and balance breaker.

So what are you all doing to get such high revenue?

I'm currently at 73K but I know so of you are get 140+ from an earlier point in the game. I know it has something to do with scenic sites but I get so confused when I see a segment with E in revenue but it has a sight seeing place.

Is there like a basic strategy I should be following?
East Oblivia has lots of areas with sightseeing spots and great revenue to start with. It is a matter of placing research, boosters and duplicators strategically. FN315 is a great place to put a duplicator. On the two D rank revenue nodes north and east place boosters and on the two south ones put research.

A sightseeing spot will make a place with an E rank in revenue worth more than a place with A rank revenue.

All the sightseeing spots will require flight module though (surprisingly though apparently the giant ring can be done without but it is tough)

I guess this is a good time to ask Skell questions. What's the difference between frame sizes outside of armor? I figured I'd get the big one for Lin and light or mediums for my PC and Elma. I like the light and medium frames better from a visual standpoint. Do I need to run around with all heavy frames?
Here is a good rundown of the Skell frames and weights.

I'd recommend one heavy Amdusias. The scythe is great (basically a double backslash) and will serve well until you find a stronger scythe (giant beetles), G-buster or G2-buster (puge, puglith) for that slot.

Like ground weapons the shops don't have much good when it comes to skellweapons.

I searched and people said only the latter though a few people speculated it affected cockpit view probability too.

How do I get more mining probes? I need more $$$ for sexy outfits

Yep, same here, I prefer to center the character and lower the camera one click. Battles look like this instead:

You get such a better sense of scale and can tell how huge everything is compared to the characters. You look at the characters instead of over them, so it's like being pulled along for a ride. The downside is that it can get nauseating :p

Absolutely. Even medium sized enemies look more menacing. One of my favorite aspects of XCX is avoiding high level enemies like I'm in a survival horror game and watching your party run past those behemoths and feels like a legitimate accomplishment. When youre zoomed in, the threat feels so real.

I have to zoom out during battles though. Its definitely nauseating lol

I'm not sure what's worse -
that her face isn't even close to the worst in the game, or that her outfit is a clear sight less tacky and aesthetically abhorrent than the Machina.

Cant top the ugliness of the Prone
. I STILL cant get over those designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom