• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Tuesdayton! FE DS! MONSTER HUNTER...WII? SONIKU IN SUMABURA

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dragona Akehi said:
nintendo thread + nintendo fans + nintendo phantom announcements = WHY THE FLYING FUCK IS THIS THING NOT FIFTEEN PAGES YET?
They hyped the private retailer meetings so much and disappointed them-selves 4 times this year. :lol

jj984jj

Dragona Akehi said:
but it's a nintendo conference...~~~!!!
I don't think they can tell the difference, or this thread would be 15+ pages already. :lol

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
JohnTinker said:
Personally I would really like to see some more on Wii Motorsports, although now it's probably vaporware. That airplane demo looked really fun, too.

ditto. i hope we see that early next year *wishful thinking*

ksamedi

Didn't Matt say this conference was only about Nintendo's holiday lineup?. I think its safe to say there will be playeble versions of Brawl, BWii, Mario and some DS games. I don't expect anything else.

Firestorm

ksamedi said:
Didn't Matt say this conference was only about Nintendo's holiday lineup?. I think its safe to say there will be playeble versions of Brawl, BWii, Mario and some DS games. I don't expect anything else.

Matt says a lot of things.
I believe.

Tron 2.0

ksamedi said:
Is this the conference he was talking about?

I just figure that they're going to have to tell us about Quarter 1 before the holidays.

jj984jj

ksamedi said:
No, that's another one by NoA (in San Francisco), this one is by NCL, we can use the same thread for both I think, the other one is on the 10th as well. Think Wii Preview + New York conference from last year.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ksamedi said:

I don't remember Matt saying what it was specifically, just that it was a Nintendo media event.

felipeko

Tron 2.0 said:
Is this the conference he was talking about?

I just figure that they're going to have to tell us about Quarter 1 before the holidays.
Or maybe they just won't have anything else than Wii Fit and MK for 1st quarter :(

ksamedi

jj984jj said:
No, that's another one by NoA, this one is by NCL, we can use the same thread for both I think, the other one is on the 10th as well.

I thought this was a US only thing. Now I'm kind of excited, although I don't think they will be very different.

JDSN

Banned
ksamedi said:

Matt thought E 4 all was a bomba, but the presence of playable Smash proves him wrong.

Firestorm

ksamedi said:
Well I have to admit, it is kind of a bomba. Nobody seems to care that much.

Playable Smash was only announced today though. I'm already hating everybody in the LA area. If there was one event I could go to this year, it'd be E for All. However, I can't attend any :(

Playable Smash + I believe Playable MGS4 is pretty big for something open to the public.

Polari

Isn't this just going to be exactly the same as the conference that was in June? Journos turn up and play Q4 titles. Big deal.

dkeane

Were we already at 3.1U? I just did the update, don't notice any changes, there aren't any changes to the shop channel either.

Jonnyram

Previous conferences, so you have a taste of what to expect:

2005 conf (5 Oct = year after DS launch)
- Wi-Fi connection unveiled
- Wi-Fi USB connector announced
- Animal Crossing & Mario Kart dates
- English training, Brain Age 2 announced

2006 conf (15 Feb = halfway between DS and Wii)
- DS browser / Oneseg tuner announced
- Tetris DS / NSMB dates
- Kanji dictionary, Cooking Navi, etc. announced
- Lots of third party software announced (incl. DS Musou which is still not out)

2007 conf (10 Oct = year after Wii launch)
??

My predictions:
- DS oneseg tuner dated
- Smash Bros / Wii fit dated
- Wii music, Mario Kart officially announced in Japan, with dates
- Third party stuff
- Mii Contest channel :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
studio810 said:
Were we already at 3.1U? I just did the update, don't notice any changes, there aren't any changes to the shop channel either.

it activated the orange port on the back of the wii

Firestorm

Jonnyram said:
Previous conferences, so you have a taste of what to expect:

2005 conf (5 Oct = year after DS launch)
- Wi-Fi connection unveiled
- Wi-Fi USB connector announced
- Animal Crossing & Mario Kart dates
- English training, Brain Age 2 announced

2006 conf (15 Feb = halfway between DS and Wii)
- DS browser / Oneseg tuner announced
- Tetris DS / NSMB dates
- Kanji dictionary, Cooking Navi, etc. announced
- Lots of third party software announced (incl. DS Musou which is still not out)

2007 conf (10 Oct = year after Wii launch)
??

My predictions:
- DS oneseg tuner dated
- Smash Bros / Wii fit dated
- Wii music, Mario Kart officially announced in Japan, with dates
- Third party stuff
- Mii Contest channel :/

You're not at this one right? =(

Duderz

Banned
I'm really hoping Nintendo announces an overhaul to the way downloaded games are organized. A solution to this is long overdue.

jj984jj

I just realized that ASH came out Oct 4th, the day before it would've been 2 years since it was announced. :lol

In that sense, I do prefer Nintendo's new method of keeping games under wraps until a few months before release. :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Remember folks, channels don't automatically appear in your Wii, you have to download them from the shop.

dkeane

sp0rsk said:
Remember folks, channels don't automatically appear in your Wii, you have to download them from the shop.
Yeah but there's nothing in the shop! Panic in the streets!
.....refreshes shop channel constantly

Top Bottom