• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 announced, Summer 2016. PR: 3DS and Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aalvi

killed a lot of hype with the way they poorly handled things. I waited for no real reason.

the countdown, the stream. All out the window and defaulting to a tweet.

KiraFA37

1392505160318.jpg

Quoting because I'm too lazy to find my own reaction images, also:

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Now, if you guys would just let me preorder the limited edition which includes a watch and I'll be very happy.

upandaway

But honestly now guys, there are practically only 2 options for platforms. It's gonna be on a handheld, 100%.

And I have both handhelds so I AIN'T WORRIED

takoyaki

jpg5dbsy.jpg

Goodbye old chair, you served us well! It might have taken “a bit” longer than expected, but we’ve finally made it up those stairs :)

this0ol6t.jpg

Those last 3.5 months were one wild ride. Thank you all for putting in so much work and making it such a fun experience!

See you in the 999/VLR community replay thread!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Everyone seems to be going crazy over this, must be good! But I'm not a big fan of puzzles :-/

I played through 999 on iPad and enjoyed it a lot. They removed all the puzzles in that version. Then I recently started playing Virtue's Last Reward on Vita and got stuck early on the puzzles, became frustrated and turned it off. And never returned.
From my perspective (after playing the iPad version of 999) the puzzles just get in the way of the good part, ie story and characters. Drags down the pacing..
I guess there's the option of playing the game with an FAQ nearby though.

Oregano

Still not got around to actually playing VLR yet(but do own it). I wonder if I'll have to buy a new platform to play this, Summer 2016 means it probably won't be on 3DS.

Yay. Really botched presentation though, god. I'm definitely happy it's happening though, I always believed, but that's probably easy for me because I started the series last year. Guess I should get back to VLR. Have to finish Danganronpa 2 though...

Lol at the image looking like it was coming summer 2036.

I hope the lack of platform announcements is because of Nintendo NX shenanigans, Vita + NX portable would be great.

Swamped

Banned
Was there every a doubt :). So happy right now. Glad it's not a kickstarter. So did they ever explain the meaning of the teaser site?

Felensis

Banned
AAAAAWWW YISSSS!! I'll escape day 1 from whatever fuckin fine sweet ass trap they're coming up with! Put all those saucy visual novel into me! Forgive me padre for I have sinned :D

Hooray! Now please let it be Wii U exclusive :V

Come on, dude. Sony fans have the same right to experience it on their console of choice.

I would love to see the game on both Wii U and PS4.
But I would also double dip if it only came on 3DS and Vita again.

EDIT: Because it's necessary:
279d82aa87.png

Maybe put that in the OP?

That's it? I mean, they've been hinting at it forever, so this isn't all that great, as long as it isn't confirmed not being a smartphone game, or coming out in Europe too, etc.

yami4ct

Stream not working is sad, but technical difficulties happen. Whatever. ZE3 is a thing! I cannot be more hyped than I am.

That's it? I mean, they've been hinting at it forever, so this isn't all that great, as long as it isn't confirmed not being a smartphone game, or coming out in Europe too, etc.

Yeah, I can't help to think the same. After 4 months of teasing... that seems a bit light :p

Sendou

PR

Many government organizations have dismissed our urgent warnings regarding the upcoming game event called Zero Time Dilemma. Recent intelligence has escalated our plans and we have come to the decision to contact gamers about the dangers directly. Our ultimate goal has always been to protect the public from the horrific consequences we have foreseen, but it appears our mission to prevent it from occurring may have failed. It is imperative that you make every effort to prepare yourselves for the oncoming deadly game, so that you may survive the coming apocalypse.

An antidote for the game is predicted to be created, but much further down this timeline, and as such there is no defense from its effects. It will be most easily identifiable on Nintendo 3DS™ and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, though it is transmittable through the air so the spread may increase even more rapidly through the PlayStation®Store and Nintendo eShop.

Do not be tempted by familiar faces, fully voiced cinematics, multiple endings, or voices in both Japanese and English, as those are signs that the apocalypse is nigh. We suggest that you put extensive effort into improving your puzzle solving skills, as they will be vital to your survival.

We at Crash Keys beg for your assistance in notifying everyone you can so that no one is left in the dark about this dangerous game. The world will end up in a tumultuous uproar, and ultimate consequences will be unavoidable unless word gets out. Use all the time available to you before the summer of next year to contact your loved ones and prepare; our intelligence hasn’t been able to focus in on an exact date at this time. Do not fear – we are here to protect you and prepare you to our utmost ability so that you may survive. You will survive. We will use all channels available to contact you with updates as soon as we uncover them. You must be ready.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/stories/237735-aksys-pr-the-secret-is-out-zero-escape-volume-3-confirmed-c

LAA

Mods just keeping it to one thread and not spanning multiple threads.

I understand why, but I see (or saw if it's gone when this is posted) two TLOU:R threads with the same info posted. Maybe it's because ZE3 threads get more traffic and it's more of a priority to deal with? Just seems ZE3 threads have had pretty poor support. Why the thread for the countdown had to be in the community section I have no idea. The Sunset Overdrive arg thread lasted from like october to december.

Pachimari

But should I get the Japanese or English version of Virtue's Last Reward? Wasn't the Japanese version recommended on here back in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom