• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 announced, Summer 2016. PR: 3DS and Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

day 1, god i hope there's no glitches/save issues this time

Persona-e1385387117236.jpg

...masterfully done

THIS IS ALMOST AS BIG AS THE LAST GUARDIAN´S RE-REVEAL GUYS!!!!
FOR REAL!!!

at least for me

Got to play VLR on Vita thanks to PS Plus. I had absolutely no idea what to expect from that game, and it was an experience like I never had before, will watch a playthrough of 999 as well.

Dr. Buni

Everyone seems to be going crazy over this, must be good! But I'm not a big fan of puzzles :-/
Neither am I. I used guides to finish both games. The greatest things about the Zero Escape series are the storyline (best story in any game ever), the characters (really!!) and the soundtrack which is pure eargasm.

MLH

I suppose it would be nice to have more info.
Summer 2016: I assume this is North American release date? It might be a Japanese game but it's clearly very popular in the west it would suck if we had to wait even longer.
Platform isn't a huge deal to me (assuming it will be a gaming platform and not mobiles) but I know a lot of people want to be assured.
But other than a teaser trailer what more could we get? Anything else would border on spoilers.

You better fucking end it this time. My opinion on the entire series depends on it.

I loved the ending of the first game until it was revealed that was actually Alice in the ending and not
Akane
like I would've sworn (and loved that version of the ending). After that, I kinda hated the first game because of how pointless and unsatisfying that ending and its twist was, but I wanted to give it a chance to explain itself in the second game...

And it was a goddamn cliffhanger!

Jerk me around again and this series is the insane ramblings of a hack that depended on twists and gimmicks rather than actual storytelling. End it good however and it'll be the most involving, immersive, and mind-bending series I've even experienced.

This series is literally a Schrodinger's Cat for me. It is both terrible and amazing at the same time, but I won't know for sure until I open this third game.

Jisgsaw

I played through 999 on iPad and enjoyed it a lot. They removed all the puzzles in that version. Then I recently started playing Virtue's Last Reward on Vita and got stuck early on the puzzles, became frustrated and turned it off. And never returned.
From my perspective (after playing the iPad version of 999) the puzzles just get in the way of the good part, ie story and characters. Drags down the pacing..
I guess there's the option of playing the game with an FAQ nearby though.

I don't know how they handeled the iOS port, but what I liked from the pacing in 999 was the dialogues during the puzzles.
Which sadly weren't that present in VLR, but I like puzzles, so that didn't bother me too much.

Dr. Buni

You better fucking end it this time. My opinion on the entire series depends on it.

I loved the ending of the first game until it was revealed that was actually Alice in the ending and not
Akane
like I would've sworn (and loved that version of the ending). After that, I kinda hated the first game because of how pointless and unsatisfying that ending and its twist was, but I wanted to give it a chance to explain itself in the second game...

And it was a goddamn cliffhanger!

Jerk me around again and this series is the insane ramblings of a hack that depended on twists and gimmicks rather than actual storytelling. End it good however and it'll be the most involving, immersive, and mind-bending series I've even experienced.

This series is literally a Schrodinger's Cat for me. It is both terrible and amazing at the same time, but I won't know for sure until I open this third game.
There's nothing terrible about this series. :p And the ending of 999 was a masterpiece. But I have to agree, the series NEEDS to end with this game.

I'm genuinely interested in the "its on 3ds? YES!!" reactions. Like, where else were you guys expecting it to be?

Anyway, awesome to see this finally confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom