• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

Good thing I played it on Wii U already. Why are you so upset that more people get to play this awesome game?

Now I can play it on PC with better everything. m/kb is definitely an upgrade from the padlet.
Doesnt sound upset at all.. Or am I upset you think hes upset?
lol

Majmun

It's the only Wii U game I regret I didn't play after giving the console away.

Now I can play it anyway. Great!

Good thing I played it on Wii U already. Why are you so upset that more people get to play this awesome game?

Now I can play it on PC with better everything. m/kb is definitely an upgrade from the padlet.

Im not upset at all. Im glad this is being done so others can enjoy this great game. Hopefully this helps towards a sequel with a real budget this time around. I just dont understand the mentality of skipping out on this game due to the gamepad. I can safely say this new version will be missing the charm the original had.

ArjanN

Im not upset at all. Im glad this is being done so others can enjoy this great game. Hopefully this helps towards a sequel with a real budget this time around. I just dont understand the mentality of skipping out on this game due to the gamepad. I can safely say this new version will be missing the charm the original had.

People skipped out on it because they didn't have a Wii U.

Also, I've played it on Wii U and there's nothing there you couldn't replicate on another system just fine.

Thanks for the Stream heads-up, just tuned in now.

Feels weird watching the game with a HUD, wonder how that'll affect pacing. Revisited the game last week and I had to make sure I found a safe place just to check the map.

Edit: Can definitely feel the increased field of view. Especially when you finish off an enemy.

Mupod

can't watch any of this until I get home but hopefully it's not a crap port (against all odds). I really liked the idea of the Wii U game but the technical issues and ridiculous loadtimes kept me from getting very far.

Also, I've played it on Wii U and there's nothing there you couldn't replicate on another system just fine.

I'm on the side that thinks something will definitely be lost without the Gamepad. Mostly because of little moments like seeing a mob slowly approaching while trying to get a flare or grenade equipped and keeping an eye on both screens, etc. It's all a matter of preference I suppose, but I think the Gamepad stuff definitely added to the gameplay and overall experience.

Ultimately I'd take a sequel on any system so I hope this does well.

Yeah, I think the execution is fine, but it's certainly a faster-paced game due to how your attention isn't divided between two very distinct places at once -- instead you're always staring at the location you're meant to be staring at.

I'm looking forward to playing this port, though it's a shame it does look pretty bare bones.

ref

Is this coming to steam? At this point with no listing I'm going to assume no.

Guess I'll have to suck it up and use uPlay. Which I actual don't mind, but I wis it was on Steam and used uPlay similar to how Far Cry 3 worked. (But with achievements on Steam)

Perhaps I'm blind but I can't seem to find any digital or retail listings for the game. I've checked the Xbox and PSN stores, Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop without any results. Even the Ubisoft website for the store doesn't list any place to buy it. Is this a super stealth release?

ElRenoRaven

Wait it releases tomorrow? Something doesn't seem right. It's not up in steam, PS4, or Xbone stores. You'd think there would be even an info page. I'm gonna wait and see. Something is telling me there is something wrong with this port. They're literally just shoving it out there.

Flipyap

The minimap looks awful. A game-breaking kind of awful.
You aren't supposed to see the map at all times and especially not when you're fighting or running away. Alien: Isolation did a really good job emulating the way it felt to use ZombiU's second screen radar (press a button to show motion tracker, checking it blurs the screen). This is just no good.

wwm0nkey

Wait it releases tomorrow? Something doesn't seem right. It's not up in steam, PS4, or Xbone stores. You'd think there would be even an info page. I'm gonna wait and see. Something is telling me there is something wrong with this port. They're literally just shoving it out there.
I just think it's them thinking it just won't sell too well so they don't want to advertise it. I think the port will be fine going by the streams, it's just Ubi being weird

Moofers

They still haven't even announced the damn price, right? And the game comes out tomorrow?

I've got a sinking feeling it's going to be $29.99 or higher, in which case I'm out. I have the Wii U version already but wanted this one for the brighter flashlight and easy streaming. I won't bother if it's not $19.99.

cacildo

First time i watch this sort of thing of people playing live....
i hope its the last

Aside from that, graphics seem exactly like the WiiU version

The hud on the screen is bad. I mean, is obviously worst than the hud in the gamepad. But not something that cripples the game

Also, the game seems easier. Seems like "critical hits" lands more often now.
Zombies are letting the guy easy. He has less than half life bar, and yet the zombies are not in for the kill, still attacking with swipes. Im almost sure in the wiiu version, red life bar means zombies will go for the bite at first sight

Ubisoft Australia said the price is around 29.95 AUD which converts to $22. So I am guessing the game is $20 in the U.S. (with a maximum being $24.99).

If this really does hit stores tomorrow looking this half arsed and with no advertising whatsoever, then Ubisoft must just be sending it out to die.

Real shame, if any game deserved a bigger, better sequel, it's this. So much squandered potential.

Roo

If this really does hit stores tomorrow looking this half arsed and with no advertising whatsoever, then Ubisoft must just be sending it out to die.

Yeah, it's weird. Why waste money, time, resources and what not if you're not going to advertise your product like at all? Especially when it didn't do so hot the first time.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well good for them. game was good. sadly i gave it up because I got my wii u late and got stuck in a 'oh shit I died and now have a cricket bat in a hard bit' section. but the game was good. I'll replay it if splatoon ever gets old.

well good for them. game was good. sadly i gave it up because I got my wii u late and got stuck in a 'oh shit I died and now have a cricket bat in a hard bit' section. but the game was good. I'll replay it if splatoon ever gets old.

You can find your previous survivor (in the same general area) and kill it and get your stuff back.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
You can find your previous survivor (in the same general area) and kill it and get your stuff back.

yeah I know, but it happened at an 'alert' point with like 10 zombies. it was almost impossible to get the stuff and not die a whole bunch, ended up spreading my goods around about 5 different versions of me and then giving up.

The minimap looks awful. A game-breaking kind of awful.
You aren't supposed to see the map at all times and especially not when you're fighting or running away. Alien: Isolation did a really good job emulating the way it felt to use ZombiU's second screen radar (press a button to show motion tracker, checking it blurs the screen). This is just no good.

Great post, agreed, it shouldn't let you see both at once. That basically moves it to how the second screen works on a 3DS/DS, which isn't disorientating or attention-shifting.

dcx4610

Will pick it up with an inevitable Steam sale. I loved the game on the Wii U and it had a better than needed to be story to go with it. The game pad was part of the fun though. Without it, I think it's going to take a hit.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I loved it on Wii U ! Hope a lot of survival horror fans with no Wii U picks it up on their console of choice. Considering double dipping on pc version if decent.

Top Bottom