• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

Clinton514

I wanted to get this but I`m sitting this one out. No online co-op is a killer to me. This type of game is just begging to be played with at least 1 other person(not locally).

Jito

Banned
I wanted to get this but I`m sitting this one out. No online co-op is a killer to me. This type of game is just begging to be played with at least 1 other person(not locally).

This type of game wouldn't work at all in co-op though. Have you even played it to come to that decision or is it just because it has zombies in it?

Try out Dying Light for all your co-op zombie slaughtering needs.

Just made it through the burning library in Buckingham Palace. This game is still a masterpiece, even without the Wii U's Gamepad to give it that extra "Oomph!"

Dr Dogg

Just got to Buckingham Palace. For a WiiU game it's actually not to shabby looking in places especially with the rain and lightning effects going off. Speaking of lightning they spike my GPU usage up from 50% to near 100% as they're pretty much lighting the whole screen up so can see why it might cause a brief dip in framerate.

20122654463_4ac5a79813_o.png
20555603920_95b2b5baed_o.png

Krakn3Dfx

No matter how many times I hear this, it's still not true. This game would have no benefit from co-op, half an hour of playing it and that would become evident.

Maximo

I looked up this stuff hoping to find more information..

ZombiU was amazing, I wanted to see if they added more to the actual story or single player. Instead they just add a few new weapons and remove multiplayer??

I have gotten quite close to a complete survival run, I almost always die mid game from something really stupid like fall damage or my own mines or grenades.

I did like how the game progresses from 'shoot all the zombies' to 'run past them and try to keep them safely zoned'. It made it feel like a real survival horror.

Maybe when there's more information I'll look it up. It's probably the best survival horror I've played in years.

The game has a smuged, wet camera lens effect on it at all times which is supposed to be there. It adds atmosphere and prevents things from being seen 'clearly' which makes for some amazing gameplay when you have to plot a safe path across a murky room.

I know some people throw a hissy fit because they always want the best image quality well TOO BAD SO SAD GIT GUD.

Yeah it annoyed me at first but I have come to appreciate it as I get further into the game, also im a idiot blowing past this game without a sweat then hit one of the guys with the gas tanks...derp.

towards the end I
gouged out the doctors eye
and endlessly fell through the floor....so yay for cloud saves

Edit: welp, it apparently didnt work this time. I have to start the entire game over because I fell through the floor

On the scale of tensity, how is this compared to Alien: Isolation?

Similar. Both felt like you could do at any moment. Alien isolation is more tense no question, but it's a similar kind of tense. I'll say 70% as tense.

Another thing, here you're expected to engage so you have to manage weaponry and load out. Alien, not so much.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So about the lens dirt shader, it does actually appear to be still pressent just really subtle and looks to be a much lower quality texture used (ignore the half and half set up of this image, just messing with GeDoSaTo to see if I can clear up the banding)

The effect appears stronger if you turn your flashlight off but if you look to the up left section of that screen you can see the effect is in play although somewhat diminished but still reacts to lights/flares as you move the camera.

ReShade has a Deband shader that works amazingly, you should definitely try using that.
Click to view full size to see the improvement.

Also, since you're using GeDoSaTo, you might be able to dump that dirty lens texture, increase the intensity of it, and then inject the new texture in.

Being DX9 could allow for a lot of fixes like the above

Z3M0G

Any remote play impressions?? Button mapping details? Custom button mapping support by chance?

If i can play from Vita using the triggers for L2/R2, ill buy the game right now!

Marcelus

Chromatic aberration is crazy. Still no option how turn it off?

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/screenshot_2015-08-213hklk.jpg[/IMG]

Dr Dogg

ReShade has a Deband shader that works amazingly, you should definitely try using that.
Click to view full size to see the improvement.

Also, since you're using GeDoSaTo, you might be able to dump that dirty lens texture, increase the intensity of it, and then inject the new texture in.

Being DX9 could allow for a lot of fixes like the above

Ooooh nice that works pretty much perfectly in that shot of The Swapper where as my brute force Curves editing had clipped half the contrast out the image. I'll have a look, cheers.

Can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll have a look later and see if the textures dump.

Just bought Zombi on Xbox One yesterday. Will be starting it up this morning, be a good little time sink until Gears UE comes out. At least I most know what to do in the game as I played through it on Wii U. And, coincidentally, I only payed $20 for it brand new on Wii U a month after launch.

GatsuSLO

Neo Member
I have 2 missions glitched on PS4

-Tower of London helicopter
-Refull generator in safe house - i have gas but there is no interaction possible on generator...

Can i still finish the game?

NuKERxyz

Bought it yesterday and could only play today after resolving this bug: Scroll bug looking up..

The solution: disconnect G27 from my PC..

Dozens of games installed, only happened with this one :/

I have 2 missions glitched on PS4

-Tower of London helicopter
-Refull generator in safe house - i have gas but there is no interaction possible on generator...

Can i still finish the game?

The Tower Of London helicopter glitched for me yesterday on my X1, ended up having to go back to the last save and I've got to repeat the whole tower again :-(

ElTopo

Banned
I'd love to see a sequel to this that goes even further with the ideas presented here. As-is it's just shy of greatness.

Steejee

I'd love to see a sequel to this that goes even further with the ideas presented here. As-is it's just shy of greatness.

That's why just about everyone who played the WiiU version much were lamenting Ubi giving up on the whole thing. The game didn't have a great development history, yet still managed to be fairly unique and intense. Even just taking what they had and giving it another six months of development time could have pushed it over that greatness threshold.

I hated the grim/CA filters at first too, but they grew on me quick given the context. Made the whole game feel like some weird artsy grindhouse zombie flick from the late 80s. Don't think of it more like a first person video than first person eyeballs.

SomTervo

I haven't. Thanks for the heads up.

Dying Light is the greatest zombie game made to-date imo, and aside from that is the best FPS of this year, possibly in years. It's like an open-world Ravenholm from Half-Life 2, with Mirror's Edge parkour. It's on my GOAT list.

Plus co-op.

Chabbles

What are you meant to do after the arena mission ?, The guy who talks to you said something about
betraying him and cut communication
. I've got no waypoints or missions apart from collect Dee's letters.

ElTopo

Banned
What are you meant to do after the arena mission ?, The guy who talks to you said something about
betraying him and cut communication
. I've got no waypoints or missions apart from collect Dee's letters.

Follow the big way way point on your map.

That's why just about everyone who played the WiiU version much were lamenting Ubi giving up on the whole thing. The game didn't have a great development history, yet still managed to be fairly unique and intense. Even just taking what they had and giving it another six months of development time could have pushed it over that greatness threshold.

I hated the grim/CA filters at first too, but they grew on me quick given the context. Made the whole game feel like some weird artsy grindhouse zombie flick from the late 80s. Don't think of it more like a first person video than first person eyeballs.

It really could have been something spectacular with a REAL open world design, online co-op, weapon crafting, etc.
That Nursery section was very good but ya' know what would have made it truly freaky? Zombie kids. I thought that was the direction they were going but nope.

Chabbles

Follow the big way way point on your map.

I went back to home base and saved last night before turning it off. But i didn't see any sort of way point, and i checked multiple times before deciding the game might have bugged out on me. I'll check again later though.

Anung

Un Rama
I went back to home base and saved last night before turning it off. But i didn't see any sort of way point, and i checked multiple times before deciding the game might have bugged out on me. I'll check again later though.

Collect the 7 Dee letters for the Doctor to progress. I got stuck after the Arena as well.

Melchiah

Dying Light is the greatest zombie game made to-date imo, and aside from that is the best FPS of this year, possibly in years. It's like an open-world Ravenholm from Half-Life 2, with Mirror's Edge parkour. It's on my GOAT list.

Plus co-op.

Unfortunately it was released a month later in Europe, and I refuse to pay a day one price for a month's old game nowadays, when games are released simultaneously across the world. Not to mention, that the 1080pr shenigans left a sour taste in my mouth. I made a decision to buy the game when its price is halved, which hasn't happened yet.

shaki123

I will again ask this extremely important question:

Is it possible to make the minimap stop flickering? What the hell is this shit? Unbelievably distracting and simply puts me off the game.

SomTervo

On topic: reckon I'll buy Zombi when it goes on sale. Just too much gamage going on in the next couple of months.

Unfortunately it was released a month later in Europe, and I refuse to pay a day one price for a month's old game nowadays, when games are released simultaneously across the world. Not to mention, that the 1080pr shenigans left a sour taste in my mouth. I made a decision to buy the game when its price is halved, which hasn't happened yet.

Ah, my local store (Scotland) ordered it in from America and I got to play it during the month of release anyway. Bad times.

FYI:

- it wasn't the developer's fault that the game was delayed. IIRC a shooting happened in Europe around release and in the interest of taste/censorship Techland had to remove that mission at very short notice. The developers did a phenomenal job with the game and all post-game support from that point on

- at release, the game worked perfectly, and still looked gorgeous regardless of minor issue – which they patch-fixed very quickly. Better than many AAA-releases in the last year.

- new content has been released for free (as well as paid) in the months since release. And all of this content has added huge, amazing amounts to the game. Hard mode is phenomenal - prompted me to replay the entire game, I'm now at 60 hours played in total with tens of hours to go. And the Be The Zombie mode is great, too, though it's not my bag so I only played it once

- Techland have been 100% open about everything they're doing and all their plans for the game – they patch in videos which start on the main menu, thanking us for the support and giving details on their upcoming plans. This year they have gone from being one of my least favourite developers to top 3 in my estimations (I hated Dead Island and thought it was a sham)

- the game itself is the most fun I've had all year, except for Rocket Leage. Not including Rocket League, it is the most fun I've had in a long time. It has beat out TW3 and Batman and Bloodborne for me in terms of pure fun, and it also mixes in proper survival horror, Fallout 3-level quest design, Ravenholme level world-design, yadda yadda, I won't go too much further at risk of messing with your expectations.

TL;DR: I hate using broken-percentages, but Dying Light was 100% worth a purchase at launch, and at half price it would be 200% worth a buy. If it's much cheaper than launch RRP now, you should definitely get it. Support Techland. They are fucking great.

After playing on PS4 for a few hours, I still love this game. I don't really miss any of the WiiU features, and the minimap hasn't annoyed me as much as I thought it was going to

Melchiah

On topic: reckon I'll buy Zombi when it goes on sale. Just too much gamage going on in the next couple of months.

Ah, my local store (Scotland) ordered it in from America and I got to play it during the month of release anyway. Bad times.

FYI:

- it wasn't the developer's fault that the game was delayed. IIRC a shooting happened in Europe around release and in the interest of taste/censorship Techland had to remove that mission at very short notice. The developers did a phenomenal job with the game and all post-game support from that point on

- at release, the game worked perfectly, and still looked gorgeous regardless of minor issue – which they patch-fixed very quickly. Better than many AAA-releases in the last year.

- new content has been released for free (as well as paid) in the months since release. And all of this content has added huge, amazing amounts to the game. Hard mode is phenomenal - prompted me to replay the entire game, I'm now at 60 hours played in total with tens of hours to go. And the Be The Zombie mode is great, too, though it's not my bag so I only played it once

- Techland have been 100% open about everything they're doing and all their plans for the game – they patch in videos which start on the main menu, thanking us for the support and giving details on their upcoming plans. This year they have gone from being one of my least favourite developers to top 3 in my estimations

- the game itself is the most fun I've had all year, except for Rocket Leage. Not including Rocket League, it is the most fun I've had in a long time. It has beat out TW3 and Batman and Bloodborne for me in terms of pure fun, and it also mixes in proper survival horror, Fallout 3-level quest design, Ravenholme level world-design, yadda yadda, I won't go too much further at risk of messing with your expectations.

TL;DR: I hate using broken-percentages, but Dying Light was 100% worth a purchase at launch, and at half price it would be 200% worth a buy. If it's much cheaper than launch RRP now, you should definitely get it. Support Techland. They are fucking great.

That's news to me. Was it only removed from the European edition? If so, I'll have to buy the American edition after all.

To my recollection, they weren't that open about the resolution differences before the release though. It was after that, when it became clear in Digital Foundry's article that it wasn't native 1080p on both of the current gen consoles.

I will get the game eventually though. At the moment there's just too many releases coming, and I've managed to gather a backlog after playing Bloodborne for four months. Despite of having too little time to play all the games, I had to buy Zombi now because I had waited so long to play it, and the price was just right. I'm only in the beginning stages (haven't went to the supermarket yet), but it seems like a good game.

EDIT:
(I hated Dead Island and thought it was a sham)

I enjoyed Dead Island, eventhough it had its flaws. I was actually looking forward to DI2 more than DL, which is why it's a shame it was delayed/cancelled.

DukeBobby

That's how I would describe it as well.

It's a strong 8/10, but it could have easily been a 9/10 with a bit longer in development. The last 1/4 of the game feels rushed.

If they ever make a sequel, I hope to God it's not open world.

TI82

Banned
watching kinda funny games play it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ElyIGNQVws

Nothing special from the Wii U is missing... it's just on the screen like people said it could for years since ZombiU came out and people said it would lose the experience.

Meh game then, meh game now just more people can play it that might like which is good for them.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, if you want to play Dying Light and similar, go ahead! There's plenty to choose from. But plz, leave our tight, linear, single player atmospheric experiences alone. We got fewer and fewer each passing year :( .

I'm very thankful that Indies found their niche there, the genre has been nearly by big publishers.

Melchiah

Guys, if you want to play Dying Light and similar, go ahead! There's plenty to choose from. But plz, leave our tight, linear, single player atmospheric experiences alone. We got fewer and fewer each passing year :( .

Agreed. Variety is good, and everything shouldn't be open world.

Top Bottom