• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Info Thread

It'd be an amazing surprise if the game had 2 more cups, especially since they have revealed a lot of tracks already.

I don't see it happening though, but we can hope!
Aw man I really hope so. Four cups of each type of course is fine and all, but adding a fifth of each would be a great way to make this game even better!

I'd be okay with DLC tracks too.

BowieZ

Banned
I was lurking the MKWF and I saw a few posts that made me think if they were possible:

Here's a pic with the cups and the tracks from the same video that revealed the possible 30 characters
ib20TLjyn1rIR0.jpg

But then, another user pointed out how close the cups were to each other leaving a lot of space for another two cups.
iWW56kM693YsE.png

Would be cool if we end up with 40 tracks instead of 32. Mostly because I think they went too far with the N64 retro selection.
Guys! GUYS!

Mario Kart 8 = 8 Extra Tracks! (...which explains why they've given away almost all 32 courses already)

World Cup (tracks from the Sprixie Kingdom/SM3DW) and Galaxy Cup (tracks from space/SMG1 and 2)

WORLD CUP
1. Sprixie Strip
2. Double Cherry Drive
3. Bowser's Highway
4. Circus Circuit

GALAXY CUP
1. Gusty Gardens
2. Freezeflame Freeway
3. Melty Motorway
4. Rainbow Planet

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

what didn't you get, mate? I said I only played four tracks during my MKWii playtime, meaning these were sufficient enough to have a great fun, so 32 tracks are more than enough for me

tracks were Maple Treeway, Mushroom Gorge, Bowser's Castle and Coconut Mall. AWESOME tracks!!!

MapleTreeway s probably my favourite MK track ever

Tregard

Soothsayer
Guys! GUYS!

Mario Kart 8 = 8 Extra Tracks! (...which explains why they've given away almost all 32 courses already)

World Cup (tracks from the Sprixie Kingdom/SM3DW) and Galaxy Cup (tracks from space/SMG1 and 2)

WORLD CUP
1. Sprixie Strip
2. Double Cherry Drive
3. Bowser's Highway
4. Circus Circuit

GALAXY CUP
1. Gusty Gardens
2. Freezeflame Freeway
3. Melty Motorway
4. Rainbow Planet

Why would you do this to me? ;-;

JoeM86

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt there already an offical press release which confirms that there'll be only 32 tracks?

There were also Super Mario 3D World press releases saying it had four playable characters. Things are meant to stay secret. If there are more tracks, then they wouldn't say so in a press release.

Nicktals

Banned
There were also Super Mario 3D World press releases saying it had four playable characters. Things are meant to stay secret. If there are more tracks, then they wouldn't say so in a press release.

Wait, didn't they reveal the 'hidden character' in an official trailer well before the launch date?

RagnarokX

Watch there be 2 extra cups and they just turn out to be All Cup Tours where you race all 16 new or all 16 retro tracks back to back.

Watch there be 2 extra cups and they just turn out to be All Cup Tours where you race all 16 new or all 16 retro tracks back to back.

No, the two extra cups will be racing on non-Mario-universe courses and at E3, they will announce DLC character packs of Link, Anti-Zero Hooters Samus, Ridley and of course Captain Falcon whoever that is.

Muzy72

Banned
The problem with more than 32 tracks is that people would expect 40/48 tracks in future entries too. Best to leave any extra tracks for DLC I say.

RobbieNick

THERE'S A DEMO A-COMIN!

I was talking to one of the Nintendo reps at WonderCon and she told me there would be a playable demo released on E-Shop sometime before the release of the game (not sure exactly when) that would be larger than the 3-track demo shown on the show floor.

One cool feature I noticed is that you can set the game from gyro steering to joystick steering with just a touch on the gamepad. Although I gotta say using the Wii Wheel still works surprisingly well.

Mario Kart 8 was the only WiiU demo. Everything else was 3DS games. Kirby Triple Deluxe (very fun), Mario Golf, Yoshi's Island and Disney Magical Tour (or whatever it's called).

THERE'S A DEMO A-COMIN!

I was talking to one of the Nintendo reps at WonderCon and she told me there would be a playable demo released on E-Shop sometime before the release of the game (not sure exactly when) that would be larger than the 3-track demo shown on the show floor.

One cool feature I noticed is that you can set the game from gyro steering to joystick steering with just a touch on the gamepad. Although I gotta say using the Wii Wheel still works surprisingly well.

Mario Kart 8 was the only WiiU demo. Everything else was 3DS games. Kirby Triple Deluxe (very fun), Mario Golf, Yoshi's Island and Disney Magical Tour (or whatever it's called).

I'll stay indifferent until it's 100% confirmed.

PLSPLSPLS

Blues1990

Has it been confirmed that there won't be a Track Creator mode in the upcoming Mario Kart 8? I keep getting mixed answers, and I just want to be set straight.

THERE'S A DEMO A-COMIN!

OOOO please be true!!!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Has it been confirmed that there won't be a Track Creator mode in the upcoming Mario Kart 8? I keep getting mixed answers, and I just want to be set straight.

No, we wouldn't get a Track Creator. (From what I remembered that I read that they outright disconfirmed the feature.)

Roo

Meh, I won't believe it until I see it.

There's no track creator.
Straight enough? :p

Albo

Why would you need a demo to sell people on this game?

This may sound silly but I think a game like MK might result in sales lost. A lot of people play MK casually for occasional once in a while get togethers with friends or family, so why spend $60 when a demo with 3-4 tracks will do. Also some young kids that can't afford the game will be satisfied with playing the demo over and over. Saying, I would love it if we got one.

Roo

This may sound silly but I think a game like MK might result in sales lost. A lot of people play MK casually for occasional once in a while get togethers with friends or family, so why spend $60 when a demo with 3-4 tracks will do. Also some young kids that can't afford the game will be satisfied with playing the demo over and over. Saying, I would love it if we got one.

This is exactly the reason why I don't think there will be a demo for this game.

AmyS

Nintendo needs to market the FUCK out of this game, they need to absolutely saturate social media, traditional television & radio, etc. A demo could go a long way.

There isn't much of a chance for Wii U to be turned around anymore but Mario Kart 8 is pretty much embodies most of all the hope that does remain for the system.

BY2K

Membero Americo
THERE'S A DEMO A-COMIN!

I want to believe...

Mlatador

Banned
Nintendo needs to market the FUCK out of this game, they need to absolutely saturate social media, traditional television & radio, etc.

Relax, this is Mario Kart, one of the biggest and most beloved franchises ever. Nintendo will give it decent marketing for sure, but really, this game will market itself.

The Wii one sold 35 million and had a lot of crazy marketing going on. The name and the reputation (one of the best games/best kart racer by a country mile) is out there.

Also, there is one thing that is gonna do a lot of marketing by itself: the stunning graphics. It's something people will notice right away. Mario Kart DD and Mario Kart Wii looked pretty similar due to the Gamecube and Wii being not too different to each other hardware-wise, but now Mario Kart has undergone a generational leap in visuals. From Mk 64 to MK DD - which also was a generational leap - it took 5 years (one generation). This time, however, from MK DD to MK8 it took more than 10 years, so the MK8 visuals are really something damn special for any Mario Kart fan; This alone will create/has created a lot of hype.

ffdgh

THERE'S A DEMO A-COMIN!

As much as I would love this...grain of salt ;_;

llehuty

This may sound silly but I think a game like MK might result in sales lost. A lot of people play MK casually for occasional once in a while get togethers with friends or family, so why spend when a demo with 3-4 tracks will do. Also some young kids that can't afford the game will be satisfied with playing the demo over and over. Saying, I would love it if we got one.

If they set the number of times you can use the demo to 10-5 times this shouldn't be a problem. Also, playing 4 tracks and knowing the full game has 32 + online? I don't see this hurting the sales, it could be a huge boost for the people that are on the fence.

If they set the number of times you can use the demo to 10-5 times this shouldn't be a problem. Also, playing 4 tracks and knowing the full game has 32 + online? I don't see this hurting the sales, it could be a huge boost for the people that are on the fence.

All I know is regardless of the limit this demo is never going to get shut off when I get to the last try (until the game releases, of course).

Top Bottom