• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DestinyGAF Clan | Class Warfare Evolved - READ THE OP

AngerdX

Thanks for EU invite!

So, how does VO work in this game? Trying to chat up some homies, but they only seem to dance whatever I say. Do you have to be in the same fireteam?

Yah as far as i know you need to be on the same fireteam for VO.

Also i´m taking a break from all of this for a bit need to rest my head so going to watch some shows, be back later.

I sent a join request but it said it encountered an error. Further requests say that a request has already been sent. The display name is the same as my GAF name Crimsonsky.

evanmisha

Hey guys, just getting in the groove with Destiny and was hoping to join the group, as well as DestinyGAF Eastern NA 3. Display name is 'evanmisha', just like my GAF username. Thanks!

EDIT: And it would seem I neglected to use an abbreviation for my Country when filling out the PS3 survey. Oops...

purg3

slept with Malkin
Hey guys, just getting in the groove with Destiny and was hoping to join the group, as well as DestinyGAF Eastern NA 3. Display name is 'evanmisha', just like my GAF username. Thanks!

EDIT: And it would seem I neglected to use an abbreviation for my Country when filling out the PS3 survey. Oops...

approved

Could someone help me troubleshoot briefly? I'm listed as a member of the NA Central clan, but I'm not a part of the Destiny Clan. Any ideas what's up?

I'm not sure I understand. So you are in a regional group, but not part of the main DestinyGAF group? All of the regional admins have not be made admins on the main gaf group because of technical issues on bungie.net right now. As long as you are in a regional group that is fine for now as that is where you will set your clan preference. Another admin will approve you for the main group in time.

Thanks

Requested to join DestinyGAF, waiting for DestiniyGAF South America. I might be able to do (light) mod duties if no one else is up for it.

Displayname: enanogrande

purg3

slept with Malkin
gV2oJv7.png

If you are applying for the NA East group, please apply to NA East 4 going forward

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/125993

Thanks

MrS

Banned
Anyone actually have the clan tag show up in game? It did in the alpha but mines always blank in the beta.
I was just in a fireteam with 2 DestinyGAFers and it showed up in theirs but not in mine. Can Coen/anybody shed some light on why this might be happening? I've set my clan to Playstation - does that need to be accepted or ok'd by a DestinyGAF EU 1 mod/admin before a clan tag will show up?

I'm not sure I understand. So you are in a regional group, but not part of the main DestinyGAF group? All of the regional admins have not be made admins on the main gaf group because of technical issues on bungie.net right now. As long as you are in a regional group that is fine for now as that is where you will set your clan preference. Another admin will approve you for the main group in time.
Thanks

Yes, that's my issue currently. Thank you for the help.

GavinUK86

I was just in a fireteam with 2 DestinyGAFers and it showed up in theirs but not in mine. Can Coen/anybody shed some light on why this might be happening? I've set my clan to Playstation - does that need to be accepted or ok'd by a DestinyGAF EU 1 mod/admin before a clan tag will show up?

i've not seen anyone with a clan tag at all!

Derpcrawler

Request for DestinyGaf, there is no group for East Asia, so will leave it at that for now.

Display name: Derpcrawler
PSN ID: Shizo
GT: Derpcrawler

Haven't decided the platform yet.

AngerdX

Requested to join EU2

Display name:Upinsmoke (same as gaf)
PSN: Upinsmoke2k7

Approved welcome

Also in EU 2 there is only 3 spots left, but 10 people in que who hasn´t identefied here yet, when those last spots fill the rest will be deniad and asked to join EU 3.

Beloree
Zigi
Aldro
cpmarvin
LollipoPReapeR
mgcemir85
Flo Scherer
Iraxal
CF Phoenix
kojoyaw

Requested to Join DestinyGAF SA!

Displayname: enanogrande

Accepted welcome as the first heh

sebco

Display Name: sebco
Regional Clan: Eastern NA 4
PSN ID: PenguinProtocol

Let's do this. So many wizards, so little time.

EDIT: Also applied for DestinyGAF proper as well.

hubang

Neo Member
Requested to join NA West 2.

Bungie/PSN ID: hubang

Much thanks to the admins for sacrificing their time to coordinate all this.

gV2oJv7.png

Bungie decided to cap clans at 100 members per platform. They have grouped PS3 & PS4 into "PlayStation" and have grouped X360 & XOne into "Xbox." Since there seems to be no plans to change this, we met and decided to have multiple sub clans, capped at roughly 100 members total and then have them join in an alliance with the primary group. That way everyone would be part of the same group AND have the 'DGAF' clan tag that we made. Since PlayStation is so popular currently, most of our current filled sub clans have ~70 PS people and only ~5 XB people. Do not worry though - as you will ALL still be able to play together! This splitting is done to reduce complications for us. You will join the primary DestinyGAF group as well as a region to set your clan in.

How to join the clan & group:
  • Become a NeoGAF member.
  • Go to www.Bungie.net.
  • Go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘About Me’ and change your "Display Name" to match your NeoGAF name.
  • Go to this webpage and apply to DestinyGAF Primary.
  • Select one of the regional groups below and apply to it.
These are the current sub groups, where you will set your clan.

DestinyGAF XBOX ONE/360
DestinyGAF Europe 5 - Includes UK
DestinyGAF North American West 4
NA Central 2 Extra Spots
DestinyGAF North American Central 3 - Includes Mountain Time
DestinyGAF North American East 8
DestinyGAF South America 1
DestinyGAF Austrailia / New Zealand
DestinyGAF Asia 1
DestinyGAF Africa 1
We have formed an alliance with Jijidasu's SUZUME clan. This is a Japan orientated clan for Destiny. Though small, they have been close friends for nearly a decade now and are looking to expand. They are welcoming users who can play around their time (JST).

I NEED ADMINS FOR ASIA, SOUTH AMERICA, AND AFRICA, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO DestinyGAFOfficial@gmail.com!
  • Make a post in this thread, including your Bungie display name, region and if you applied to the primary group (you may already have done this step before).(PSN/XBL Name is NOT required to be posted.)
  • Wait to be approved by an admin. The administrator will quote your post and tell you that you've been accepted into either the regional, primary or both. Not all admins can approve for the primary due to a Bungie server error, so a mod may just approve you for one thing and let another do the other part. If an application is missed or wrongfully dismissed, please tell us and re-post your application.

How do I set my clan?
Click one of these buttons while on the page of your regional group.
Ul5Z7qw.png

My clan tag does not show up ingame!
We actually don't know how to make it show reliably. It is random currently. Once Bungie's servers smooth out you should be fine.

I have applied to either one or both of the groups and I still haven't been approved in [insert how many days or hours]! What gives?
We are very sorry that we missed your application. We have well over 300 people that want to get in on all fronts typically - not all from GAF. We have to sort through names and wipe them out if they don't show in the thread. Sometimes we miss your application. If you're concerned, just post it again and say it got lost!

Any other questions? Just ask them here and we will get to it.

Other stuff:
YouTube series information:
Shadownet and VisceralBowl are planning to make two videos that will serve as a trial period for a series (that is planned to run from September – November), one to be released on July 22 during the downtime, and the other shortly after the beta ends. These two videos will each feature 4 clips from the you, the community. So make sure to press your share buttons and use your capture cards to record fails, glitches, or other cool stuff you find or do!

RULES:
  • Clips must be 60 seconds or less.
  • Clips must be of the Destiny Beta
  • Clips must have little to no editing.
Send your clips to DestinyGAFOfficial@gmail.com in an email titled "DestinyGAF Beta Clip Submission." We'll accept multiple clips from you and even re-entires. Submit everything you record!
Questions? Ask here in the thread or in the email!
Interested in starting a YouTube series on the DestinyGAF YouTube channel? Suggest your idea here and see the response. Think it’s good enough? Email DestinyGAFOfficial@gmail.com with your submission and make sure to title it "Series Suggestion." Remember, you will be responsible for this series, but we will definitely help you out.
Streaming the Beta? Post your streams here!
Update 4.1

Top Bottom