• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Vidpixel

Last year was more interesting than E3. I expect the same this year as well.

Last year we got

Gran Turismo 6 trailer and movie announcement

LittleBigPlanet Hub ( what happened to that)

Vita, PS3 and Vita memory card price cut.

Murasaki Baby

Big Fest

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Rime

Helldivers

Resogun

Infamous Trailer

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag trailer and second screen functionality

Borderlands 2 for Vita

Minecraft for PS3 and PS4

Shadow of the Beast as well.

I'm thinking March is too close to The Order. I would not be surprised to see Bloodborne get kicked back to May/June or something as a result.

I can recall this big exclusive was only being treated as such a sure thing before E3 because of so many GAF members with 'inside info' were saying it was definitely a thing.

I'm surprised that nothing came of it tbh. I could have seen them buying up Tomb Raider 2 or something at least.

To be fair I don't think that was quite true.

None of the Sony insiders iirc were saying they knew, but were just trying to guess like the rest of us what this phantom title was.

jayu26

Anyone think we might get Ratchet and Clank gameplay. I mean game is coming out in the first half of next year.
I have a feeling that we are not going to see this game until one day it just drops. It will sell like shit and that will be death of this franchise... Prove me wrong Sony/Insomniac.

Lucreto

Anyone think we might get Ratchet and Clank gameplay. I mean game is coming out in the first half of next year.

I hope so but it might be a PlayStation Blog reveal than Gamescom. Last year Nexus was revealed on the blog but didn't appear on the stage.

If it is out early next year the movie must be nearly finished and planned to launch around the same time.

I look forward to seeing it even if my fandom with the studio has cooled off.

Elios83

So there's no reason to believe it's even slightly plausible?

No reason to make things up. I have friends attending the show.
Here's part of the invitation (I had to cut a few things) :D

mediapreview2ubxd.png

schedulek6xuk.png

On wednesday August 13th, the press is scheduled to have a 30 minutes hands off demo with an unannounced PS4 japanese game (unannounced at the moment but probably it will be unveiled at the conference the day before).

Xando

No reason to make up things. I have friends attending the show.
Here's the part of the invitation (I had to cut a few things) :D

mediapreview2ubxd.png

schedulek6xuk.png

On wednesday August 13th, the press is scheduled to have a 30 minutes hands on with an unannounced PS4 japanese game (unannounced at the moment but probably it will be unveiled at the conference the day before).
Inb4 TLG

RK128

I think we will :); Even though they were really pushing Fuse last year, they also gave Into the Nexus some time to shine to :D.

I really hope we see gameplay of that, as I love the PS2 and PS3 games, so seeing Ratchet, Clank, Quark and everyone else on PS4 with many of the people behind the Future games finally coming back to the series.....it's going to be amazing man :).

I do wonder how the game is going to play, run and look though. The original Ratchet was a flat out pure platformer with weapons, while playing a big part, not enough to over step the very Spyro-like level layouts. With this Redux though, I wonder if they are going to have a mix of platforming/shooting (like in Going Commando), focus on platforming with a more athletic Ratchet (AC mixed with Ratchet Future?) or lots of shooting (like Up Your Arsenal too A Crack in Time)....

Either way this will be a great game and one of the reasons I pick up a PS4 next year :).

RPGamer92

Banned
What game besides from TLG would be big enough for 30 minute hands-on? Also especially after the IGN Russia thing before E3, it'd be a good way to start they hype train back with a reveal at Gamescom and and a bigger blowout at TGS next month.

xAniki88

Banned
No reason to make things up. I have friends attending the show.
Here's part of the invitation (I had to cut a few things) :D

mediapreview2ubxd.png

schedulek6xuk.png

On wednesday August 13th, the press is scheduled to have a 30 minutes hands on with an unannounced PS4 japanese game (unannounced at the moment but probably it will be unveiled at the conference the day before).

grande :)
in caso non fosse annunciato nulla contiamo su di te per avere qualche piccola info sottobanco /italian mode off ^^

30 minutes hand off, just like bloodborne at e3. can a length like that means somenthing big is coming?

we all know it's coming lol

RK128

What game besides from TLG would be big enough for 30 minute hands-on? Also especially after the IGN Russia thing before E3, it'd be a good way to start they hype train back with a reveal at Gamescom and and a bigger blowout at TGS next month.

Edit: Didn't see that it was an unannounced game; most likely Studio Japan's new PS4 IP :).

At this point, TLG most likely is dead but Sony is afraid of the backlash they would receive from an official cancellation, so they just will say "It is still coming guys :D!" to prevent the general public from getting upset.

I guess IGN Russia got some insider information that the game is dead within SCEJ but wasn't supposed to state that.

Wasn't there a rumor that Sony was bringing back one of its JRPG franchises ? So either Wild Arms, The Legend of Dragoon or Arc The Lad ?

Xando

Plenty of games; Destiny, Bloodborn, Deep Down, The Order and a number of others could fill out those 30 minutes.

At this point, TLG most likely is dead but Sony is afraid of the backlash they would receive from an official cancellation, so they just will say "It is still coming guys :D!" to prevent the general public from getting upset.

I guess IGN Russia got some insider information that the game is dead within SCEJ but wasn't supposed to state that.
The invite says hands on is for unanounced ps4 game from Japan Studio.

iceatcs

No, MS got Insomniac throat till October.

Somewhere in the neogaf, james stevenson seem desperately that can't talk anything until SO out of way.

RK128

No, MS got Insomniac throat till October.

But Ratchet and Clank is legacy Sony IP and is the 'safety net' for Insomniac (meaning that if Sunset Overdrive and other projects fail, they will always get something out of this series), so they must want to show that game off.

Also keep in mind that the series hasn't been in the greatest shape for the past two or so years. All 4 One and Full Frontal Assulat while (reportedly) solid games, were no where near the quality of past Ratchet and Clank games. Sure, Nexus came out last year but that game was so short and was pushed aside for the PS4 launch (one must question why that wasn't a PS4 launch game :l; the game clearly struggled to run well on PS3 with its frequent Frame Rate drops, so it being moved to PS4 as a big PSN launch game next to Resogun would have been a smarter choice).

With the PS4, the series has the chance to be 'big' again and once again be Sony's Mario/Sonic; many younger games must have gotten PS4's last holiday and there are many PS4 owners who grew up with the PS2 and PS3 games, so having a full-on, proper Ratchet game on new hardware has the shot at huge success :D!

Elios83

grande :)
in caso non fosse annunciato nulla contiamo su di te per avere qualche piccola info sottobanco /italian mode off ^^

30 minutes hand off, just like bloodborne at e3. can a length like that means somenthing big is coming?

Purtroppo io non parteciperò al Gamescom :/
Comunque appunto ho degli amici che lo faranno e andranno alla conferenza e alla presentazione del giorno dopo, quindi quanto meno saprò qual'è il gioco della presentazione di cui parlano nell'invito :D

I don't have a clue about this game, I'd love it to be a JRPG though. A Gravity Rush sequel (also) on PS4 would be cool as well.

30 mins for a new Japan Studio game could be anything though

didn't puppeteer have a long demo at gamescom?

I wonder what the new title could be

xAniki88

Banned
Comunque appunto ho degli amici che lo faranno e andranno alla conferenza e alla presentazione del giorno dopo, quindi quanto meno saprò qual'è il gioco della presentazione di cui parlano nell'invito :D

I don't have a clue about this game, I'd love it to be a JRPG though. A Gravity Rush sequel (also) on PS4 would be cool as well.

basta e avanza XD

i wonder what you had cut off from that paper

Lucreto

But Ratchet and Clank is legacy Sony IP and is the 'safety net' for Insomniac (meaning that if Sunset Overdrive and other projects fail, they will always get something out of this series), so they must want to show that game off.

Also keep in mind that the series hasn't been in the greatest shape for the past two or so years. All 4 One and Full Frontal Assulat while (reportedly) solid games, were no where near the quality of past Ratchet and Clank games. Sure, Nexus came out last year but that game was so short and was pushed aside for the PS4 launch (one must question why that wasn't a PS4 launch game :l; the game clearly struggled to run well on PS3 with its frequent Frame Rate drops, so it being moved to PS4 as a big PSN launch game next to Resogun would have been a smarter choice).

With the PS4, the series has the chance to be 'big' again and once again be Sony's Mario/Sonic; many younger games must have gotten PS4's last holiday and there are many PS4 owners who grew up with the PS2 and PS3 games, so having a full-on, proper Ratchet game on new hardware has the shot at huge success :D!

The movie will help with that as well. For me it is my favourite franchise. I bought one of those limited edition pictures last year and I have the statue preordered. I wonder how much it will look like the movie.

For me this will be the first year I won't be playing an Insomniac game since Resistance.

puppeteer ps4 likely

iceatcs

i mean, one of devs said cant talk about Ratchet and Clank because of Sunset Overdrive in the way.

Anyway yes it may have a chance because of the movie is coming up and the game will start over again as fresh series.

Not expecting a ton but any gameplay shown for Bloodborne or a simple tease of Guerilla's new IP will leave me one happy boy. (Reading rumors of a red headed female protagonist/mech dinosaurs has me salivating)

Also would love more Order 1886 gameplay and a better look at Rime

So what's the verdict with Rime? Are we not going to see it? Kind of sad, it was one of my most anticipated titles to learn more about.

Is Insomniac developing it? I know they have two teams but the way Sony presented the movie/remake was so utterly confusing.

Unfortunately yes. I really want Sony to give the IP to a new Dev team, it's needs a breath of new life. Besides, Insomniac's been treating the Ratchet IP terribly.

Freeman

Banned
Do we know if its exclusive? It could be anything, even something like RE7.

30min min is very strange, makes me hope it TLG with a developer interview like the ones Nintendo made for E3.

Can't be 30min for a port thats for sure, unless they want to put everyone to sleep.

Kyoufu

Do we know if its exclusive? It could be anything, even something like RE7.

30min min is very strange, makes me hope it TLG with a developer interview like the ones Nintendo made for E3.

Can't be 30min for a port thats for sure, unless they want to put everyone to sleep.

RE7...

TLG...

You guys.

xAniki88

Banned
Seriously though, if not TLG or Puppeteer port, what is this Japanese unannounced title?

i don't know how usuals are these 30 minute hands off presentations, bloodborne at e3 was the same, and that's a pretty huge title.
i'll be happy with a jrpg
it's unlikely tlg, the invite says unannounced. except it means unannounced just for ps4
hope it's clear what i'm trying to say lol

GR2 (does it count as unannounced? Probably not).
Minna no Golf 7
Gran Turismo

My money's on Gran Turismo as I heard there's one coming to PS4 in Q1 2015.

it's seems way too early for gt ps4, except some remastered edition. which i don't see how could deserve 30 min hands off demo
also this
What is the point in showing anything related to GT now? Why not wait for Driveclub to release before start marketing another racing game?

Freeman

Banned
What is the point in showing anything related to GT now? Why not wait for Driveclub to release before start marketing another racing game?

Kyoufu

I don't think it's too early for GT at all. In fact I think Kazunori Yamauchi hinted at GT coming to PS4 sooner than later.

SykoTech

Unfortunately yes. I really want Sony to give the IP to a new Dev team, it's needs a breath of new life. Besides, Insomniac's been treating the Ratchet IP terribly.

No thanks. Sony has already gave the IP to another dev before, and the games were completely inferior to Insomniac's work. It would be best to just see Insomniac say on it and bring the franchise back up to A Crack in Time quality. Hopefully the new generation provides a fresh start.

Top Bottom