• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

The ghost appears to be missing her right eye, the same you poke out of the photograph.

yes she does

Z1r4GGo.jpg

strange because the ghost looks darkhaired, but in the photos the woman looks blonde.. hmmmm

EVIL

Someone edited the levels on a screenshot to make it look like an actual photo and I almost shat my pants upon first glance.

KrhdC3a.jpg

Hmm, looks like all he did was brighten up the image with more contrast, the compression becomes super apparent and adds to the creepy look. Should be totally doable in engine, altho I kinda like the darkness from the game.

edit: It does show how much work they spent on building that hallway, since it looks fantastic. There is also some sort of lens/barrel distortion that gives it a subtle fisheye look which adds to the effect.

I don't really understand kojima's comment about toning the demo down to make it look like an indie studio. This level of quality is already allot better then what a typical AAA studio would build.

Just sorta finished the demo...
i got killed by the lady and was to scared to retry, never knew there was more...maybe tomorrow

This game blows outlast out of the water.

Imagine playing this game on a Morpheus or oculus rift....my gawd.

I am working on recreating the scene in UE4 and hopefully add Oculus support for it. The simple flashlight experiments I did in UE4 are already very promising, gives the same type of look.

IvorB

I played this last night and I was really creeped out. I really started to feel freaked out and uneasy being alone in my flat while I wandered the hall in a loop. Really the thing is just so effective because you don't know what's going on and things keep happening with no explanation but it's all so creepy that you just want to get out of there. Unfortunately I have no patience for puzzles so I just googled it straight away which killed some the magic.

This looks like it will be ace so I am totally on board for it after this trailer. I've never played a SIllent Hill game before but if this will be the tone of the game then sign me up. I hope it's not first-person though.

mrtoaster

Neo Member
I'm stuck at the part where the bathroom door is slightly open and I hear child crying. I can't open any the doors.

Is it glitching?

panda-zebra

I like that you can stand still and move the light of the flashlight with the D-pad.. just a small nice touch.

It would have been good if this led to you revealing something somewhere, but it's so minimal it's not really got much use that I could find. But it is a nice touch.

eso76

Hmm, looks like all he did was brighten up the image with more contrast, the compression becomes super apparent and adds to the creepy look. Should be totally doable in engine, altho I kinda like the darkness from the game.

edit: It does show how much work they spent on building that hallway, since it looks fantastic. There is also some sort of lens/barrel distortion that gives it a subtle fisheye look which adds to the effect.

I don't really understand kojima's comment about toning the demo down to make it look like an indie studio. This level of quality is already allot better then what a typical AAA studio would build.

It does look real but actually uses very simple assets, I think the big part of the job is done by the engine. The way light sources are reflected on walls and ceiling, the way reflections gets blurrier farther from their source etc.
What makes this photorealistic is lighting and materials

EVIL

So has the demo been figured out by now?

Yeah/No. Its still super random to solve. People have some idea how to complete the game but there is not yet a foolproof way of solving the game. That and there are more secrets hidden within the game that yet have to be uncovered, for example, what do the coloured flashlights mean and how to you trigger a specific colour? is the photo you need to puzzle together a red herring to keep you away from solving the game? What do all the messages mean? what is 204863, etc.

glottis8

Banned
so just read that 204063 means

Twenty-four, August 1963.

Kojima's date of birth.

Thoughts? i guess this was figured out a while ago, no? discard if already mentioned before.

Tfault

Kojima Hideo was born August 24, 1963 so I believe the 204863 refers to his birth date.

(20+4) 24/8/63

Maybe?

Edit: Beat like the wind

denshuu

Seeing people in this thread talk about what to do with their mic reminds me of all the ways people "found" to get the Triforce in OoT.

Phaezyk

Hahaha, so... my thoughts on triggering that second giggle:

I'd been reading everyone's instructions and after more than a few failed attempts it started seeming clear to me yes it probably is triggered by a randomly placed hotspot, but it's probably one you have to look at as opposed to standing on/in. So, looped back through, took the ten steps once the bells went off, got the first giggle and then just stood there for like... 3 minutes maybe, I dunno, I doubt that exact amount of time matters.

After that I just started going ballistic with the camera looking in every direction I could as much as I could while moving around the whole area and what do you know, second giggle! Went to the phone, waited out the vibrations, heard the call, focused in, got chosen, went to the loop door and.... OH GOG MAULED BY SCARY DEAD LADY! Hehe; I almost thought I blew it.

Game restarted, went through the door and headed right for the exit door, ending played.

driver116

Any pics of this? Never noticed on my playthrough and I really don't want to go back to playing it again lol

I could try later. Basically, when a light source is behind you, what seems to be your character's shadow is cast in front. However, it looks like it's having some sort of seizure. This leads me to believe it's the dead woman's shadow trolling you.

Neil_J_UK

Can someone give me a TS;DP of this teaser? (too scared, didn't play)

I love the story in horror games, and watching other people play them when I can obscure my vision to only see 1/10th of the screen, but I'm just a total wuss when it comes to scary games.

IceMarker

After watching a ton of videos and streams the order of triggers for the final part is:

1. Do something or just stare at the clock until 0:00 hits and the 12 chimes go off.
2. Walk exactly ten steps in a single direction, listen for laugh #1.
3. Walk around until you find the ghost in an area where you can walk towards her and she flings at you.
4. Stand at the position you originally found her in until the music fades away.
5. Walk to a stare at the picture of her with the hole in it near the radio, listen for laugh #2.
6. Your controller will vibrate for a good few seconds, STAND STILL, listen for laugh #3.
7. The phone will ring, walk over to it and hold R3 on it until you have been chosen.
8. Walk through the looping door one last time to "win".
*If you "fail" triggering any of the laughs after 5 minutes just walk through the looping door to reset the room.

I don't have a PS4 so I can't personally test this, but if you guys can confirm this works let me know!

panda-zebra

OH GOG MAULED BY SCARY DEAD LADY!

Perfect, she got you at your most vulnerable when distracted with your guard down - good work, Lisa!

After watching a ton of videos and streams the order of triggers for the final part is:

No, triggers for "2nd" giggle are far more random and elusive than that, but do occur at certain hot spots. Wesker's post explains all anyone needs to make it happen.

Can someone give me a TS;DP of this teaser? (too scared, didn't play)

I love the story in horror games, and watching other people play them when I can obscure my vision to only see 1/10th of the screen, but I'm just a total wuss when it comes to scary games.

There's a quick look in Giantbomb if you want to see it in a longer session.

eso76

I could try later. Basically, when a light source is behind you, what seems to be your character's shadow is cast in front. However, it looks like it's having some sort of seizure. This leads me to believe it's the dead woman's shadow trolling you.

happened a lot to me, but i just thought it was a glitch with lighting.
Still managed to scare me : P

1. Do something or just stare at the clock until 0:00 hits and the 12 chimes go off.
3. Walk around until you find the ghost in an area where you can walk towards her and she flings at you.
4. Stand at the position you originally found her in until the music fades away.
5. Walk to a stare at the picture of her with the hole in it near the radio, listen for laugh #2.
6. Your controller will vibrate for a good few seconds, STAND STILL, listen for laugh #3.
7. The phone will ring, walk over to it and hold R3 on it until you have been chosen.
*If you "fail" triggering any of the laughs after 5 minutes just walk through the looping door to reset the room.

I don't have a PS4 so I can't personally test this, but if you guys can confirm this works let me know!

I got the 'second' giggle leaving the bathroom after seeing the ghost in the mirror. Which was really goddamn creepy.

cchum

I put faith in the "hotspot" theory.

Second triggers:

bathroom twice, front door near spawn, phone near 2 spawns (window and hall)

I just beat it, thanks to Gaf input, so like others, thought I'd share my process to aid others.

I'd been trying for hours, just waiting around for the second giggle. I could trigger the first well enough (usually by standing by the radio) but no matter how long I waited, never a second.

Today I:

1. Started, walked to the phone and waited for the chimes.
2. Turned around and walked 10 paces which left me standing by the radio, first giggle.
3. Realised I'd forgotten the headset, so plugged it in at this point.
4. Walked immediately to the bathroom, and stood facing the mirror, backed up against the bath.
5. Haunting music starts back up, stood motionless and the ghost spawned in/on top of me.
6. Made random noises into the mic, had second giggle after maybe 30 secs.
7. Stayed absolutely still for a short while, vibrations occurred, followed by third giggle and phone ringing.
8. Walked to the phone and R3'd it, "You have bee chosen"

So thanks Gaf, it was driving me crazy before!

So has the demo been figured out by now?

Most of it has been solved. It's just solving the random completions that we can't seem to pinpoint why they are happening. Most people are getting the ending through the 10-step to phone process, but there are those who are getting weird and random ones that came completely out of left field.

Hanmik

I'm stuck. I'm at a part where my movement speed is really fast and I'm just going round in circles. I have no idea what to do.

in the reeaaallllyyy long hallway, there is a picture on the floor instead of on the wall.. look at the space on the wall where it should be. There is a hole.. look though it .

Koyuga

After the first laugh I just paused the game, and after a few minutes I heard the second laugh. Unpaused the game and got the vibration, laugh #3, and phone to ring.

Its probably completely random though, the only guaranteed part seems to be the first laugh.

Wulfegang

Someone edited the levels on a screenshot to make it look like an actual photo and I almost shat my pants upon first glance.

KrhdC3a.jpg

Ooook I didn't expect my screen shot to show up over here LOL! Previous posters were right about me just messing around with the brightness, contrast, and saturation some. This really shows off what the Fox Engine is capable of. I think what I liked most about the pic is the film grain effect. Reminds me of when someone tries to take a picture in a dark hallway with an older cell phone or camera and flash. Here is another screen shot I managed to get but couldn't get the same effect that I wanted.
B1NCCvW.jpg

WITHE1982

She really is such an unsettling antagonist. I can't even look at images of her for long without feeling genuinely uneasy and creeped out.

Would someone kindly Photoshop her in various funny situations so she seems less terrifying to me. I think that would help me cope with the game a bit better.

Yibby

She really is such an unsettling antagonist. I can't even look at images of her for long without feeling genuinely uneasy and creeped out..

Damn, i'm so happy that my TV was too dark or i didn't look up there. The "game" was already too creepy for me without this ,lol.

The lighting is really good in this teaser. It reminds me of the Unreal Engine 4 tech demo that takes place in the apartment - almost photorealistic. Not as good obviously, but still very impressive.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The shots with her on the second floor are all of the "When you see it, you'll shit bricks" variety. God damn.

The lighting is really good in this teaser. It reminds me of the Unreal Engine 4 tech demo that takes place in the apartment - almost photorealistic. Not as good obviously, but still very impressive.

Fox Engine is pretty damn amazing indeed. Personally, I like the look it produces over UE4's, still really glad we've moved on to create realistic lighting now though, really helps with the atmosphere in a game (especially horror!)

Z3M0G

Please let this be true... I can't wait to get home from work and end this fucker.

SO AMAZING

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
in the reeaaallllyyy long hallway, there is a picture on the floor instead of on the wall.. look at the space on the wall where it should be. There is a hole.. look though it .

Thanks. I take it I'm now at the point everyone is talking about where it's kind of confusing about how the game actually triggers stuff? I'm hearing these laughs and chimes people are talking about and the clock whent back to 23:59 and then to midnight again. Based on what people are saying about this part I think I'm just gonna call it quits and not bother here.

By the way how do you reset the game so it starts from the beginning? I want to show this to a friend.

Thanks. I take it I'm now at the point everyone is talking about where it's kind of confusing about how the game actually triggers stuff? I'm hearing these laughs and chimes people are talking about and the clock whent back to 23:59 and then to midnight again. Based on what people are saying about this part I think I'm just gonna call it quits and not bother here.

By the way how do you reset the game so it starts from the beginning? I want to show this to a friend.

You delete the save file.

Yibby

I also managed to capture the video of that moment. I'm still not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Unfortunately it is not as clear and bright as the photo.

Balcony encounter

Yeah unusual for a Horror game, but this works better when the brightness is up. Maybe Kojima wants to scare all the people who play with max brightness to avoid getting scared and now got the opposite effect ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom