• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Level 32 Arena Strategy Guide-
BREEZY'S 'BREEZY' STRATEGIES!

This weeks episode: Episode 06- "Qodrons Quirky Quipu!"

Starring-You!

RdMcGau.png

This map should be self explanatory. I'll explain what the different colored lines mean. So the basic strategy of this, if you don't have Gjallahorns or want to waste time waiting for synths, is pretty simple. The first thing you're going to immediately do when you enter the arena, is rush to the right side of the arena. Or where the blue dots are. There is decent coverage here, but we'll talk about that later about how it plays into the decision to choose that side, let's talk about the mechanics.

You: But Breezy I cannot beat Qodron without spamming Gjallahorn! This boss is cheap and unfair!
Director Breezy:We pay you the big bucks! Don't worry next week you'll be back to fighting Putty Patrollers!

Qodrons Eye

This is the first 'Mechanic' you may see. One Goblin out of the many Qodron sends towards you, will be a yellow bar Goblin who's also shimmering Silver. This Goblin will home in on the closest Guardian-So it's paramount that you and your group rush to the right side or you might lose him before the first jail. If anyone lags behind, the Eye will go towards them and he'll take an alternate route. If you look at my drawing, the dashed silver line represents this. If one of your teammates lags near the entrance, the Eye will take the route as drawn. It is paramount to have an eye on the jailer, and to have a designated 'Jailbreaker'. Qodron throws out the first Jail about 30 seconds after the start of the fight, and then about 30-45 seconds later after that. You can immediately kill the first Qodron you see and have enough time to clear the first jail, but after that you have to stagger when you kill the eye. There is always atleast 1 eye spawned, and as soon as you kill it another appears to take it's place even while you still have the buff. So keep an Eye out!

Qodrons Jail
Every once in a while, Qodron will summon a jail. This jail is incredibly strong, and will resist all gunfire unless you have the Jailbreaker buff. It is paramount you designate an eye killer, so that he can break you out. Only 1 person gets the buff, but everyone gets jailed. The Jail will also do damage to you, and will kill you if you are low.

You:But Director this is impossible! Even Rita Repulsa wouldn't do something so evil!
Director Breezy:Actually, we hired Rita Repulsa, now that you mentioned it! Why do you think all of our bosses are just giant versions of smaller enemies?

So onto the actual map. I drew two silver lines-One is full and one is dashed. If you are all on the right side, the Eye will take the full silver path. If one of you lags, the Eye will be set to the dashed line and you might lose sight of him. Now you're wondering, 'Wait why doesn't it just walk directly to us?' There is a natural slope that prevents Vex from walking up towards you. Refer to the picture again. Do you see how the silver and red lines penetrate the dome? There is a little entrance to the right side that goblins and hobgoblins, as well as the Eye itself are funneled to get to you. Refer to the mass of red dashes, that is where most Vex will huddle around, and only 1 or 2 hobgoblins will come at you at a time. Unlike the left side of the arena, which is a flat ground and goblins will happily walk over to you. The only time a Vex will get to you, is if a Harpy will accidentally fly over the slope, realize that he came in too early, and exit stage left in shame.

You:Boy this is tough! Can't I just Gjallahorn the boss to death?!
Director Breezy: Listen I get that we reuse the same explosion scene for like, half the episodes, but let's try something new alright?

So why did I only draw one silver line for the Goblin? As long as you and your team are on the right side, the Eye will always take the same path, walking towards you and walking around the 'Block' and going into the entrance on the side. He will ALWAYS pass by right in front of you. However, so will some hobgoblins and goblins. most of them bunch up by the entrance to your little slice of heaven, but you should never get any goblins assaulting you directly.

You: This episode is fun! I'm happy I didn't Gjallahorn my way through victory!
Director Breezy: That's a wrap!

The only other thing to worry about is ammo. Since little to no goblins are near you, you'll have to venture out to collect ammo from the heaps of corpses infront of you. Call out to your group for 'Clear out some adds in front' or say you're going for an ammo run, there's usually plenty if you've had one person clearing out huge groups of adds with grenades. Voidlocks are actually pretty damn great for this fight.

And that's it. I hope you enjoyed the guide. Now go get him, Rangers!

Edit-Oh yeah during the actual 'Jail' mechanic, group up to the rightmost area behind the rubble, nothing can hit you on the rightmost side.

~~~

Level 34 arena guide coming...later when I beat it.

Shito

Helmets this week are also kind of a dick move from Bungie: not many legs exotics, and not many good ones.
Means my warlock won't be able to hit 34 this week...

Zoidberg

Variks is selling helmet with pure strength.

Guess I won't be doing PoE this week.

Yep, just saw. For the third week in a row he has sold a full strength roll on armor. If you bought all 3, which more casual people will need to, to get to 34, you will be well over the strength cap (by 80 odd). PoE is already well behind ToO, but that shit is a joke. It saves me doing 2 32's this week at least.

anywhere i can view latest vendor gear from IB, ToO and lizard boy?

There not on bungie app for me :(

Edit: ignore me i'm fucking retarded.. i was on tower in app..

Edit 2: fucking STR helemts.. wtf..

Edit 49: No iron banner vendor on the website :(

HooYaH

Variks is selling helmet with pure strength.

Guess I won't be doing PoE this week.

My guess next week is Variks is going to sell boots with pure strength.

Really Bungie? I bet the next stat will be pure int, then pure discipline, .....

I guess we'll get our Int+dis before the new expansion is out.

Bungie does this shit on purpose. Helm in POE is all strength while in ToO has a great stat roll. I guess PvP is the way they want to roll now.

noomi

Arc burn with small arms is the best thing that's ever happened to my fatebringer...

Omg, I want it like this ALL THE TIME!

Shito

Arc burn with small arms is the best thing that's ever happened to my fatebringer...

Omg, I want it like this ALL THE TIME!
Watching streamerhouse run the nightfall.
He's doing 3k damage with no crit on the hydras.
That's beautiful...

Marvel

could never
Wait, just realized with no burn Scrotas we won't get one shotted by dregs and shit lol. Nice.

noomi

Possibly the quickest nightfall I've ever done, really enjoyed it too! All nightfalls should be this fun!

I think it took like 10min.

Going for #2

Shito

Wonder if it's going to be like last time... reset in the morning.
Yeah they announced it. Comes with the mysterious patch, also.

Hahaha, streamerhouse underestimated the priest, stood in front of him thinking he would go down quickly, but they were too slow, adds came in, and they wiped. Hahaha.

Top Bottom