• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Maybe they plan on making the Windows 10 version Xbox enabled, and it isn't actually for XB1? Because Windows 10 Xbox titles still show up in the store, such as Minecraft Win 10 Beta and Microsoft Solitaire but are obviously non-purchaseable.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/apps/Frozen-Free-Fall/9WZDNCRDCTMQ

edit: Nevermind, just read the description which mentions playing in your living room

Looks like it's gone from the store now.

Ori & the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition announced today on Xbox Daily. Coming to Windows 10, XB1, Steam.

Not much really siad other than it includes new abilities, content, artwork, and that they took in all fan feedback to improve the game.

Is this a free upgrade for people who already own the game?

Ori & the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition announced today on Xbox Daily. Coming to Windows 10, XB1, Steam.

Not much really siad other than it includes new abilities, content, artwork, and that they took in all fan feedback to improve the game.

That should have been a title update for existing owners (I was hoping that I could get The pc version for free as cross-buy).

Even if the chances are substantial at least a discount for existing owners should Be s thing.

Archpath1

Didn't know where to ask

But is there a way to do a game update check?

Like something were Xbox runs a check to see which games need an update so can download it.

I have a good amount of games and i bounce around them but then i get slammed with the "This game needs an update" message then i have to wait.

Didn't know where to ask

But is there a way to do a game update check?

Like something were Xbox runs a check to see which games need an update so can download it.

I have a good amount of games and i bounce around them but then i get slammed with the "This game needs an update" message then i have to wait.

If you set your console to instant on and go into the settings you can tell it to auto-update, and then it should auto-download updates whenever they become available

Check here for how to do this: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/learn-about-power-modes

Otherwise, no, there is no way to ping every title/app, you need to load them up individually to find out.

Another pro-tip, if you didn't know, the right hand top corner icon that looks like an asterisk on games/apps means that they have been updated since you last played them. Once you launch it, they will go away. That is the system's way of letting you know, hey, this has been updated recently.

Let me know if this helps any

So, that Frozen Free Fall game that was up on smartglass then got pulled is now out on August 25th. Time to wait for your free Frozen gamerscore :p

Yea i saw that on the instant on option , but i normally leave it on energy saver

I always wondered about those asterisk on my games lol

Ty

Ya, I personally don't use that feature because I'm weird and like it when the update screen pops up...heh. That prompts me to check dev/publisher channels for patch notes (the new dash will have a patch note section built in thank the stars)

And no problem :)

http://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/The-Bridge/175a8aa8-a53d-4784-851c-b5e9975287df

The Bridge out 14th, page is up and says 430mb. Might be able to pre-order off the console but its not working for me right now on Xbox.com

Man, this month is packed.

Edited: A lot of new releases / pre-orders have pop up in smartglass: Beatbuddy ($10), The Swindle ($12), The Bridge, Super Mega Baseball ($20, with 20% off for Gold members).

Webstore links:

Beatbuddy
https://store.xbox.com/pt-BR/Xbox-O...uardians/ef6d44ef-8dcf-40d8-9a6d-8ba905dce599

The Swindle
https://store.xbox.com/pt-BR/Xbox-One/Games/The-Swindle/8559abc3-f902-490b-9267-414ba9a9be7d

Super Mega Baseball (with trial available right now)
https://store.xbox.com/pt-BR/Xbox-O...-Innings/e91a9e60-dc92-416d-ae24-882e1e02b078

Chitown B

Awesome. I waited on it and I might get this version.

Montresor

Holy moly at today's releases!

I'm hoping I can finish off AC Unity today because I would love to play through the following three games this weekend:

Beyond Eyes
Submerged
Beat Buddy

I had no idea what Beat Buddy was until I saw it on the XB1 store today. The trailer instantly sold the game to me. The art style looks incredible. It has puzzle mechanics. And cute dance/electronic music seems to be a big focus.

HBP

Man, this month is packed.

Edited: A lot of new releases / pre-orders have pop up in smartglass: Beatbuddy ($10), The Swindle ($12), The Bridge, Super Mega Baseball ($20, with 20% off for Gold members).

Webstore links:

Beatbuddy
https://store.xbox.com/pt-BR/Xbox-O...uardians/ef6d44ef-8dcf-40d8-9a6d-8ba905dce599

The Swindle
https://store.xbox.com/pt-BR/Xbox-One/Games/The-Swindle/8559abc3-f902-490b-9267-414ba9a9be7d

Super Mega Baseball (with trial available right now)
https://store.xbox.com/pt-BR/Xbox-O...-Innings/e91a9e60-dc92-416d-ae24-882e1e02b078

Is there not a link to the trial on the website?

tav7623

Hey guys, don't know if this has been posted on here (or anywhere else for that matter) but I just noticed that there's a digital day 1 edition of MGS V: The Phantom Pain now available for Pre-Order on the Xbox Live store as well as Xbox.com also the Xbox Live Store listing says the Xbox One version of game will be 26.76 GB in size which if I remember correctly is almost 2 GB bigger than the PS4 version.

EDIT: man I feel like a dumb@$$, just saw that someone else had already posted about this in this thread (though they at least didn't mention the DL size so there's that :p )

Chitown B

Digitally, it's easier to pre-download a game sooner rather than later and takes next to no effort. I pre-dowloaded Halo MCC a day before release and it took me 15 hrs to complete the download

sure I could see maybe a day or two if you're 100% sure you want it. But what's the benefit of preordering digitally 3 months out?

Hey guys, don't know if this has been posted on here (or anywhere else for that matter) but I just noticed that there's a digital day 1 edition of MGS V: The Phantom Pain now available for Pre-Order on the Xbox Live store as well as Xbox.com also the Xbox Live Store listing says the Xbox One version of game will be 26.76 GB in size which if I remember correctly is almost 2 GB bigger than the PS4 version.

EDIT: man I feel like a dumb@$$, just saw that someone else had already posted about this in this thread (though they at least didn't mention the DL size so there's that :p )

Only 26 GB? Wow.

Oynox

I was wondering which games might possibly come to backwards compatible since we now some supporting publishers now, therefore I put together a hastily copied and pasted table from wikipedia to get a rough overview.

Possible catalogue right now contains over 600 (including sports game duplicates lol) games. I'm curious to see how many we will actually see.

For those who are interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iZVNhePL6RByAGMaG3P8LhsY1YI3LpFzNLPXpSm_hIc/edit?usp=sharing

/edit

Retail games only, it crossed my mind.

/edit²

Now there's a separate page for Arcade Games. Though some GonD are missing, like Crysis 1 or Resident Evil 4.

Flintty

Has anyone tried Beatbuddy? I keep watching the trailer - the soundtrack is phenomenal. I might just bite on this one.

Montresor

Beyond Eyes is beautiful. I almost (almost) teared up at the beginning, because the cat the blind girl is trying to find looks just like my own cat, and it's her best friend.

It looks like it will be insanely short to 1000 but that doesn't bother me. The only way to get these beautiful unique experiences is through indie devs and I'm glad to pay $15 to experience something like Beyond Eyes.

Just be warned - the game basically boils down to you walking very slowly, performing no puzzle solving, just light exploration. But I'm so impressed with the visual presentation. The way the devs have managed to illustrate how how a blind girl might imagine the world (I found it so touching how she imagined water trickling out of a sewer to be a serene fountain before she touched it herself). The way the world only materializes once the main character advances. The way the main character holds out her hands when she's near a wall to get her bearings... the way she gets scared and the colour palette becomes a shade darker when she's near a threatening dog. And her super cute cat just gets me. I love the cat's jingling bell and fat body, lol.

Chitown B

Beyond Eyes is beautiful. I almost (almost) teared up at the beginning, because the cat the blind girl is trying to find looks just like my own cat, and it's her best friend.

It looks like it will be insanely short to 1000 but that doesn't bother me. The only way to get these beautiful unique experiences is through indie devs and I'm glad to pay $15 to experience something like Beyond Eyes.

Just be warned - the game basically boils down to you walking very slowly, performing no puzzle solving, just light exploration. But I'm so impressed with the visual presentation. The way the devs have managed to illustrate how how a blind girl might imagine the world (I found it so touching how she imagined water trickling out of a sewer to be a serene fountain before she touched it herself). The way the world only materializes once the main character advances. The way the main character holds out her hands when she's near a wall to get her bearings... the way she gets scared and the colour palette becomes a shade darker when she's near a threatening dog. And her super cute cat just gets me. I love the cat's jingling bell and fat body, lol.

.............if I don't like cats will I still like it?

It is great, it is very emotional, I liked it, but beware it is not exactly a game, it is an experience. No puzzles, nothing more than a little exploration. Very slowly. The first chapter is all about you leaving a very small garden.

It may not be for everyone, but I really liked it.

Chitown B

It is great, it is very emotional, I liked it, but beware it is not exactly a game, it is an experience. No puzzles, nothing more than a little exploration. Very slowly. The first chapter is all about you leaving a very small garden.

It may not be for everyone, but I really liked it.

No worries, I like games as art. Journey, Flower, etc. I'll check it out.

edit: I liked it very much. Super short. Only issue I had was hit detection on objects - you get stuck a lot, which is understandable since she's blind, but it's the solid stop/start all the time that's frustrating. Also she moves SO slow.....

Montresor

Well I just finished Beyond Eyes, and I will admit it legitimately made me tear up. :(

When I get home today I'll go do a second playthrough and use chapter select to finish off the 1000. It's worth the $15 to experience this game - key word is experience, as Chiaroscuro said, because there is no puzzle solving or fighting or anything like that in the game. You simply walk around, but that alone is worthwhile because of what's happening with the main character.

Chiaroscuro covered this already so I'll leave it alone. :p

Chitown B

Well I just finished Beyond Eyes, and I will admit it legitimately made me tear up. :(

When I get home today I'll go do a second playthrough and use chapter select to finish off the 1000. It's worth the $15 to experience this game - key word is experience, as Chiaroscuro said, because there is no puzzle solving or fighting or anything like that in the game. You simply walk around, but that alone is worthwhile because of what's happening with the main character.

Chiaroscuro covered this already so I'll leave it alone. :p

ha :)

Oynox

So if you have access to the Fable Legends Closed beta, I suggest getting in there. That game is coming along nicely.

I registered like a year ago and since then twice again but did not recieve anything. Funny thing ist that I did the same with Gigantic.

Of all betas I registered for, those two are the only ones where I did not get accepted. Shitty M$.

Z_Y

Anybody else not getting there Xbox Live Rewards credits deposited? I've had over 22k credits pending for over a month and the deposit date keep getting pushed back every time it gets close to the time to deposit. It started out at 7/27...then 8/13...now it says 8/27.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I couldn't find a dedicated Rewards thread.

pacman85

Anybody else not getting there Xbox Live Rewards credits deposited? I've had over 22k credits pending for over a month and the deposit date keep getting pushed back every time it gets close to the time to deposit. It started out at 7/27...then 8/13...now it says 8/27.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I couldn't find a dedicated Rewards thread.
Yeah, it looks like my deposit date changed to 8/27 from 8/13 as well. Last month, I was able to request a deposit and it worked fine but now it's just pushing it back and I have no "request deposit" button to click anymore. Weird....

I got a Rewards deposit on 7/15.

The posted cash-out date and credit amount has been unreliable since the website changeover. Not that it was great before then, but it's really off now.

I also noticed that they stopped paying out immediately on pre-orders starting with July. Not sure if that's affecting anyone here, but it could be a reason why a payout is getting pushed forward.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
really stoked to see METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES is free. Always wanted to try this game. Reviews seemed so mixed I could never commit to a purchase.

really stoked to see METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES is free. Always wanted to try this game. Reviews seemed so mixed I could never commit to a purchase.

Its problem is entirely that it doesn't have enough content. Mechanically I think its fantastic, I really do but the main story mission can be done in 10-15 minutes if you just keep moving and the other bonus mission you do aren't bad but really but its still the same map so its generally pretty much the same.

Cant wait for TPP in 22 days...!

Bsigg12

Most people panned it for lack of content and rightfully so. The gameplay itself is fantastic.

Top Bottom