• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Hey Xenogaf, got a question for you all,

For anyone who has played through a good chunk/most of the game, I was wondering if anyone could comment on the number of instances/story sequences where female characters/enemies are shown in significantly revealing clothing?

A little background: I recently got married, and out of respect for my wife and myself, I've made a personal commitment to limit my exposure to such things.

When I started playing the game, I was shocked to discover how revealing some of Elma's first armor selections were. After doing a little research, I was saddened to see the amount of gratuitous exposure "armor" and bikini options for the lady party members. After learning this, I thought to myself, "OK, I just won't equip those selections of armor".

As I continued to dig however, I learned that some story sequences introduce characters that are also depicted in such a way. My follow up question is this: Are these missions avoidable in any way?

On a final note, I wanted to add that I don't hold any personal judgement or criticism for those who don't find issue with this sort of content.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Nicko

Something you should know is that you can equip your characters with "fashion gear", which is the same equipment you put on them normally but overrides how their armor looks, so you can have Elma appear with her default clothing even though she's wearing some battle bikini for the better stats.

The best thing is that Lyn getting undershirts for all the revealing outfits makes some of them such as the black suit actually palateable rather than just blatant fanservice bait.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

For anyone who has played through a good chunk/most of the game, I was wondering if anyone could comment on the number of instances/story sequences where female characters/enemies are shown in significantly revealing clothing?

A little background: I recently got married, and out of respect for my wife and myself, I've made a personal commitment to limit my exposure to such things.

When I started playing the game, I was shocked to discover how revealing some of Elma's first armor selections were. After doing a little research, I was saddened to see the amount of gratuitous exposure "armor" and bikini options for the lady party members. After learning this, I thought to myself, "OK, I just won't equip those selections of armor".

As I continued to dig however, I learned that some story sequences introduce characters that are also depicted in such a way. My follow up question is this: Are these missions avoidable in any way?

On a final note, I wanted to add that I don't hold any personal judgement or criticism for those who don't find issue with this sort of content.

Nicko

Just equip her standard gear as her fashion gear and it's problem solved.

El Odio

Banned
Driving through Obliva looking for some collectible when suddenly a giant worm tyrant pops outta the ground and instakills my entire party and levels me with only like 100 health. Mira truly is home of the worst surprises.

Sylas

Nicko

Beyond the playable characters--there are a fair number of female NPCs that are introduced in scanty outfits that cannot be changed out of. Almost all of the humanoid female xeno characters are wearing some kind of bootyshorts with an open shirt or a catsuit.

In fact, I can't think of a single xeno-NPC that's a humanoid female that isn't walking around with some part of their anatomy hanging out.

rhandino

Banned
Something I'm wondering, are the clothe any random NPC wear are gear we can obtain in game ?
I think so... or at least I have some pieces of gear that look like the clothes the civilians wear and I obtained them by doing random missions from the Board.

There are also other costumes you can develop in the Arms Manufacturer console like a Bunny Suit or a Fundoshi.

In fact, I can't think of a single xeno-NPC that's a humanoid female that isn't walking around with some part of their anatomy hanging out.
Celica
?

Blues1990

Are Sanelac Pearl's & Natural Pearls one and the same? I'm doing this quest where I have to find 10 Natural Pearls, but the Google Document only has the Sanelac Pearls in the Collectopedia, while in the Bestiary, there are Giant Blue Pearl's and Jade Pearl's you can obtain from certain monsters in Sylvalum.

R.D.Blax

I think so... or at least I have some pieces of gear that look like the clothes the civilians wear and I obtained them by doing random missions from the Board.

There are also other costumes you can develop in the Arms Manufacturer console like a Bunny Suit or a Fundoshi.

?

I hope there is some cool suit to craft, I need to suit up all my team before the final chapter.

Ulysses 31

Are Sanelac Pearl's & Natural Pearls one and the same? I'm doing this quest where I have to find 10 Natural Pearls, but the Google Document only has the Sanelac Pearls in the Collectopedia, while in the Bestiary, there are Giant Blue Pearl's and Jade Pearl's you can obtain from certain monsters in Sylvalum.

They don't exist, it's just a mission to activate the affinity mission in the residential district.

NeonZ

Something I'm wondering, are the clothe any random NPC wear are gear we can obtain in game ?

A lot of it seems to be obtainable from the basic quests, like the outfits of the mechanics, the generic Blade outfit and some civilian sleeveless shirts and also hoods. However, I don't think all equipment is obtainable. For example, there are these girls with a low cut shirt and a skirt, or the same shirt that flows into a dress - you can get the shirt, but I don't think their skirt or lower dress is obtainable.

You can't get Natural Pearls.
You're just meant to get that quest to initiate Hope's first Affinity Quest/Recruitment quest.

It was? I swear that I saw piece of equipment that looks like a Fundoshi while looking the materials need for it.

It was replaced by white shorts. There are still the chest bands though.

Sylas

Celica
?

Oh, yeah. You right. I totally forgot about her. So there's 1!

JulianImp

Thanks dude. Would you believe I've been playing the game for 80 hours and never noticed this haha

I would at least, since the same happened to me. I happened to stumble upon fashion wear when I was checking every single menu option out in order to learn how the heck I was supposed to equip augmentations.

What are your guy's builds? I'm enjoying my Photon Saber/Raygun build thus far. Maxed out galatic knight and am now going to max out the raygun equivalent.

Also what do those massive expensive back weapons that do 0 damage for skells actually do? Or are they just buffs and augment holders

What are your guy's builds? I'm enjoying my Photon Saber/Raygun build thus far. Maxed out galatic knight and am now going to max out the raygun equivalent.

Also what do those massive expensive back weapons that do 0 damage for skells actually do? Or are they just buffs and augment holders

dual swords/psycho launchers

I use the one skill of psycho to cause shock, then use the dual sword surge skill. And of course made it a potential build so when the party member asks for a melee skill I use tp skill, get behind and wreck their shit.

Iryx

I'm using an almost pure physical melee Longsword build. My ranged weapon is an Assault Rifle, but the only Art from that I'm using is the Supercharge buff, and I put an augment in it that makes it give +20 tp per ranged hit, so my ranged auto attacks gives me around 400 TP.

pgtl_10

I don'the have a Wii U but this gamemail makes me want one.

Jow big is the world? Also is it continuous? Can you go in buildings?

My first and only Skell just hit 0 insurance, welp. I didn't know how all that stuff worked but some online dudes helped me figure it out.

The best I can do now is sell it and use the extra cash to buy a new one.

GC|Simon

Can someone please tell me how much the game is on the European/German eShop? I currently have no access to my Wii U and I have to decide if I buy it in a store or in the eShop. Thank you very much in advance!

Golnei

The world is seamless (with loading screens for fast travel and some menus), but there are very few interiors - there's only one real city, and barely anything in it is enterable. The size of the overall world is basically average by modern standards, but the impressive thing about it is the degree of visual diversity and purposeful design it manages - none of the landscapes really feel like filler, and the reused assets are camouflaged well enough.

Vena

I'm kind of miffed that I (endgame spoilers)
cannot 100% the game without Lao's H2Hs. I thought they didn't exist! Now my perfect game won't be truly perfect.

I... must fight urge to restart and lose my skells.

... Fuck that. I want to nuke shit form orbit more.

The world is seamless, but there are very few interiors - there's only one real city, and barely anything in it is enterable. The size of the overall world is basically average by modern standards, but the impressive thing about it is the degree of visual diversity and purposeful design it manages -none of the landscapes really feel like filler, and the reused assets are camouflaged well enough.

All beaches have Forfexes. Pre-order canceled.

pgtl_10

The world is seamless, but there are very few interiors - there's only one real city, and barely anything in it is enterable. The size of the overall world is basically average by modern standards, but the impressive thing about it is the degree of visual diversity and purposeful design it manages -none of the landscapes really feel like filler, and the reused assets are camouflaged well enough.

Interesting. I heard the world is roughly double Witcher 3 which is impressive.

Golnei

I'm kind of miffed that I
cannot 100% the game without Lao's H2Hs. I thought they didn't exist! Now my perfect game won't be truly perfect.

All beaches have Forfexes. Pre-order canceled.

That's not fair - some have Xiphias.

Also, could you maybe have indicated that was a postgame spoiler before I quoted you? I had no idea Lao was Quiet, I'm not sure if I want to keep playing anymore...

JulianImp

There're lots of small houses and other buildings in NLA (the starting area) that you won't be able to access, but the rest of the world has none of that (for example, there are some rudimentary strongholds built by a hostile alien race that you can enter and exit at will).

The only times you'll be experiencing load times will be when you enter/exit the few buildings you can enter in NLA, when the game's about to start a cutscene, or when you fast travel.

Delstius

I have the most fun with Photon Saber/Rifle. The rifle bring two melee arts with topple, and then you combo with the photon saber arts to deal heavy dmg. You also have a very strong heal and an aura that allow it to target the whole party.

The weapons with 0 dmg bring utility arts, push R to see it (that work in shop too).

Narfm

Neo Member
Hi people. First of all, sorry for my english. I usually read this topic, but I've never have post something here. Well, i have a problem with Elma's conversation mission. I made the first one in the industry sector, and I have a check with the third and the fourth in the map, but i don't have the second one. I read that I need a cat in my barracks to do this mission, and I have it. But there is no mission or conversation with Elma to do. What I'm doing wrong?

El Odio

Banned
So Ambush/Attack on Biahno hills spoilers:
After the quest finished I got an achievement notification that was called Definian Immigration. Does that mean that imply that they're going to be moving into NLA like the other races or that they're within the city already spying on everyone?

Can someone link me to the Skell battle theme? It's so good.
Black Tar part 2

I'm kind of miffed that I (endgame spoilers)

I'm pretty sure you don't need to do Lao's heart to hearts for 100%. None of the NLA segments have that listed as their recon completion requirement.

Marow

Can't believe I spent the whole day just doing various missions and stuff, while still having lots of fun. That's the beauty of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom