• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

um, on the map I read "Alexa mission is available" but when I talk to her nothing happens.

edit. nvm, I don't have to talk to her to start the mission.

zroid

Banned
Before finishing Ch 5 I had found Elma's 2nd H2H and I was wondering where the hell her 1st one was. wasted a bunch of time looking for it :(

of course after finishing Ch 5 I find it instantly and realize why it wasn't available before

Gosh, that absolutely breaks my heart they needed to put that stuff in the game :( I'm feeling like I will be skipping the rest of this game... Really too bad.. Been absolutely memorized by the monsters and scenery displayed in the preview trailers over the years.

Now I have to figure out what to do with this Collectors Edition sitting on my shelf 8....(

Oh, just keep playing and enjoying the game! It's not like you're going to be around those NPCs 24/7! You're going to spend more time exploring in the fields and hunting giant monsters than you are with the NPCs!

deoee

Finally!

R41z8Tg.jpg

Baked Tatsu for EVERYONE!
KuGsj.gif

brau

That moon has to be one of the most epic moons i have seen. Along with the one in Bloodborne. Its so darn good looking.

Kadin

So I just finally got my Skell and I'm level 27. I'm reading around and getting the impression that this first Skell really is pretty terrible and I should just wait until 30 to dump some cash into one of those? Looking for some suggestions.

First, the turning radius of this Skell is terrible - so much that I don't even use vehicle mode. Any recommendations on a level 30 that improves this aspect?

Next thing, is the combat in Skells as slow as it appears? Seems the CDs are pretty long and I find myself kind of waiting around a lot compared to fighting on the ground. Ground combat definitely seems to be more dynamic and fun but again, I just got this guy so I'm expecting that it gets a lot better.

Blues1990

Sometimes the drops are just really, really bad. Use your tickets to get enemy drops if you have some.

I was really hoping not to use my tickets, as I don't know how to obtain Blade Points, and unless if people invite me, I can't do the online squad missions on my own.

So I just finally got my Skell and I'm level 27. I'm reading around and getting the impression that this first Skell really is pretty terrible and I should just wait until 30 to dump some cash into one of those? Looking for some suggestions.

First, the turning radius of this Skell is terrible - so much that I don't even use vehicle mode. Any recommendations on a level 30 that improves this aspect?

Next thing, is the combat in Skells as slow as it appears? Seems the CDs are pretty long and I find myself kind of waiting around a lot compared to fighting on the ground. Ground combat definitely seems to be more dynamic and fun but again, I just got this guy so I'm expecting that it gets a lot better.

I would recommend keeping that Skell until you can quire some cash for a fleet of level 50 Skells.

Allies tab.
Scroll down and you'll have all the heart to heart+time+location
I started to the first ones thank to it : https://fanofxenobladex.wordpress.com/category/faq/heart-to-heart/

Ok thanks, finally found her. Hiding behind everything. Worst is that it's an all day heart to heart so she's not around for recruiting till you find her or find someone to tell you about it.

Been wanting to go through the game as FAQ free as possible till I beat the game but Irina is one of my main 4.

I think one main complaint at this point is that after raising the diff specs of my weapons and armor, there unquestionably better armor if those stats weren't there. Like a piece of armor I have is 4, I can buy a 8, but my shooting range and efficiency goes down because I focused on upgrading that stat.

I just wish there was a way to dismantle all the upgrades back into mknster drops. I'm tired of farming all these various Suids just to get the tails I need for upgrading.

I was really hoping not to use my tickets, as I don't know how to obtain Blade Points, and unless if people invite me, I can't do the online squad missions on my own.

I would recommend keeping that Skell until you can quire some cash for a fleet of level 50 Skells.

I don't agree with that at all. Level 30 skells are relatively speaking, pretty damn cheap and make a huge difference if you ever want to do something like boost yourself to level 50/60 quickly. Those things by themselves can handle even some level 60 creatures with the right loadout. Obviously I'd go for a middle weight or even light weight one though.

Chaos17

For the moment I think Candy and craddle are the best because in long term when you upgrade it their equipement will give :
Potential
HP
Drop rate+

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm still in the opening hours of the game,
but it's really weird that they're taking everything seriously except Nopon. I get that they were jokes in Xenoblade, but in the context of this game it seems odd that they're talking seriously about indigenous threats and diplomacy while just making fun of Nopon.

El Odio

Banned
I just want to say that I'm very surprised by how active this OT is. We're almost 3/4ths of the way to OT 2 and it hasn't even been two weeks since launch!

Chaos17

but it's really weird that they're taking everything seriously except Nopon. I get that they were jokes in Xenoblade, but in the context of this game it seems odd that they're talking seriously about indigenous threats and diplomacy while just making fun of Nopon.

A part of me suspect that they're more important in long term than we think.
They speak often about the first game.
But yeah, des made them more selfish and silly than in the first game, lol

Vena

Well the Joker has like what, 20-25 LV60 adds around him. Does Caesar have the same :D?

Did some loose tests, drops are better from Caesar for money value.

Exp is better from Joker from sheer density. Caesar only has about ten petrimands you can aggro along the way.

I have to say that some of the side quests in the game (particularly ones you get in the residential and commercial districts) feel like episodes of Star Trek TNG.

So I have a 1TB Seagate external hard drive and a 32GB Flash drive.

Would Xenoblade Chronicles X do better if it was installed onto the external hard drive or the flash drive. I remember reading that the external hard drive was the better option, but I'd like to be sure.

Dineren

Banned

Would Xenoblade Chronicles X do better if it was installed onto the external hard drive or the flash drive. I remember reading that the external hard drive was the better option, but I'd like to be sure.

I'm pretty sure testing showed that it was slightly faster on the external storage, but not by a significant margin.

Chaos17

Sorry, I can't help.
I installed everything on the Wii U.

But I did heard that some people had some crash but never mentionned what support they used. Personally I didn't any cras, lag or freeze compared to them.

El Odio

Banned
It's a big game, there's lots to talk about.
True, but I was somewhat expecting a lot of people to either get overwhelmed/bored by the abundance of mechanics and drop the game, or that it was going to fall into the nice niche game market it seemed to be heading towards (still is?).

On another note someone seems to have finally extended the Noctilum day theme, just pure bliss right there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhsDSyTw7pk
ONE BY ONE!

Getting flight is much sweeter than getting the Skell itself I feel. Especially when you see FrontierNav income practically double thanks to Oblivia.

Exploring Noctolum I find a prone base I'd totally forgotten about and inside was a level 28 tyrant. Scythe to the back didn't OHKO it so I used phoenix and kind of killed about half the base :p It was a lame base with no robots but that was the first time I had seen quite how much the AoE of phoenix can do.

In other news the game is dumb in how it gives you quests at times. I got a weapon testing quest for a weapon I can't equip for another 10 levels and I'm pretty sure a retrival quest I got was actually impossible pre-flight when I got it (the nav ball would literally go to waterfall and move vertically).

I think one main complaint at this point is that after raising the diff specs of my weapons and armor, there unquestionably better armor if those stats weren't there. Like a piece of armor I have is 4, I can buy a 8, but my shooting range and efficiency goes down because I focused on upgrading that stat.

I just wish there was a way to dismantle all the upgrades back into mknster drops. I'm tired of farming all these various Suids just to get the tails I need for upgrading.
Upgrading armour is very expensive in comparison to making equivilant augments and since it is one-way should be done on armour you will use for a while. Yes augments require a free slot on armour

What are your guy's builds? I'm enjoying my Photon Saber/Raygun build thus far. Maxed out galatic knight and am now going to max out the raygun equivalent.
Going full Wesley with Astral Crusader at the moment. Focusing everything on ranged attack, and might go with an ether weapon for Core Crusher shenanigans using Shrapnel later in the game. Stuck with javelin at the moment, but Hair Trigger is a decent buff, and Raijin should help keep me alive with some extra reflect augments. Considering switching to a shield for Supershield/Shield Wall once I've mastered this class, though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is it just me, or has western reception been far more positive compared to how this game was received in japan?

It's likely better compared to the importers, but that might be about it.

Going full Wesley with Astral Crusader at the moment. Focusing everything on ranged attack, and might go with an ether weapon for Core Crusher shenanigans using Shrapnel later in the game. Stuck with javelin at the moment, but Hair Trigger is a decent buff, and Raijin should help keep me alive with some extra reflect augments. Considering switching to a shield for Supershield/Shield Wall once I've mastered this class, though.

I'm almost done with my longsword/sniper custom combo. Just need to get Sidewinder to replace Shrapnel, as damage is down when there's nothing to break, and it's done. Not a super overdrive build, but it's cool and deals high enough damage to kill shit I normally shouldn't be able to.

It's likely better compared to the importers, but that might be about it.

I dunno. From my perspective, Japanese reception was decidedly mixed whereas western reception seems significantly more positive.

Which would be in keeping with Takahashi's own predictions, where he said in an interview that western gamers are generally more open to open world games compared to Japanese gamers.

Wichu

Just got the Hexad-Partican. It's less of a weapon attached to a Skell than a Skell attached to a weapon at this point.

Also I want a level 50 Skell for the final boss, but I have no money :(

Zomba13

Yeah. You meet intelligent indigenous life on this planet and the first thing you do is threaten to eat it and constantly make jokes about eating it because of course that is good for interspecies diplomacy.

Kiryu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom