• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
Hi people. First of all, sorry for my english. I usually read this topic, but I've never have post something here. Well, i have a problem with Elma's conversation mission. I made the first one in the industry sector, and I have a check with the third and the fourth in the map, but i don't have the second one. I read that I need a cat in my barracks to do this mission, and I have it. But there is no mission or conversation with Elma to do. What I'm doing wrong?

I haven't done this one so I can't verify it, but from what I've read it is north of the water plant in the residential area at night.

TheMoon

FYI someone condensed the weapon type resistances of all the enemies by verifying common attributes among each enemy type, and compiled them into a handy list. E.g. most humanoids have the same resistances, most mechanoids have the same resistances, etc. Can sometimes make it easier to reference this rather than the prima guide or google sheet (possible inclusion in the OT?). There are a few other pretty helpful guides on the subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...m/psa_indigen_and_xeno_resistance_compendium/

Put a link to this post in the OP under links.

Frodo

So far this game has got me good. It's been a while since I've got that feeling that when I'm not playing the game I'm thinking about playing it. It was a slow burner, but as I progress things are falling into place and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Hi people. First of all, sorry for my english. I usually read this topic, but I've never have post something here. Well, i have a problem with Elma's conversation mission. I made the first one in the industry sector, and I have a check with the third and the fourth in the map, but i don't have the second one. I read that I need a cat in my barracks to do this mission, and I have it. But there is no mission or conversation with Elma to do. What I'm doing wrong?
I haven't done this one so I can't verify it, but from what I've read it is north of the water plant in the residential area at night.
Yeah that's correct.

Narfm

Neo Member

Yeah, I was there, but Elma wasn't there (I tried with she in my team and out of it). This is the third conversation mission, but i don't remember to have done the second one.

El Odio

Banned
I've spent maybe ten minutes in Sylvalum for Alexa's first affinity mission so far and now a quest wants me to go to the far reaches of Cauldros to kill something. I'm not ready but here we goooooo.

KarmaCow

I've spent maybe ten minutes in Sylvalum for Alexa's first affinity mission so far and now a quest wants me to go to the far reaches of Cauldros to kill something. I'm not ready but here we goooooo.

The zones are kinda weird in that sense where even Cauldros isn't filled with end game enemies. It's not as safe as Primordia sure but it's not filled with just end game enemies. There's even area with just enemies under level 10.

Nicko

Beyond the playable characters--there are a fair number of female NPCs that are introduced in scanty outfits that cannot be changed out of. Almost all of the humanoid female xeno characters are wearing some kind of bootyshorts with an open shirt or a catsuit.

In fact, I can't think of a single xeno-NPC that's a humanoid female that isn't walking around with some part of their anatomy hanging out.

Gosh, that absolutely breaks my heart they needed to put that stuff in the game :( I'm feeling like I will be skipping the rest of this game... Really too bad.. Been absolutely memorized by the monsters and scenery displayed in the preview trailers over the years.

Now I have to figure out what to do with this Collectors Edition sitting on my shelf 8....(

Dineren

Banned
Yeah, I was there, but Elma wasn't there (I tried with she in my team and out of it). This is the third conversation mission, but i don't remember to have done the second one.

Maybe try it with no one in your party? Doing some searching and it seems like some others have had problems with it showing up on their map, but were still able to talk to her. If she is still not there, then I don't know what is going on.

Any specific Sting/Peter Gabriel track you are referring to? I need to listen to the music from that band, as it's on my to-do list.

Oh, and my NNID is ChickenPotPie23. See you online!

I think the voice singing during the daytime theme has a bit of a Sting vibe, but Noctilum's theme (and actually, a few tracks in this game) reminds me of Peter Gabriel's Passion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Us5gOWRqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Us5gOWRqA

I'm doing a "no marker" run—no level markers on monsters (actually not HUD elements except for the time). Changes the dynamic of the game immensely, since I now have to be super aware of my surroundings. It also helps me get used to the awkward targeting system. I feel like a pioneer, running up to a boulder or cliff to survey the land of indigens, and planning out how to avoid high level ones/tyrants.

Finally swam to Sylvanium. It wasn't as long of a trek as I thought it would be. I have a lot to say about that world, but needless to say, holy shit.

Also, Space Jam. (Surprised so much goes on in the commercial/residential districts)
QhHYfGb.jpg

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Is there a way to see which skell art is associated with a weapon before you buy it?

If not, is there a list somewhere of which weapon type enables which art?

anaron

Gosh, that absolutely breaks my heart they needed to put that stuff in the game :( I'm feeling like I will be skipping the rest of this game... Really too bad.. Been absolutely memorized by the monsters and scenery displayed in the preview trailers over the years.

Now I have to figure out what to do with this Collectors Edition sitting on my shelf 8....(

you own the game and you're going to skip based it on npcs?

OK.

Mael

New citizen of Mira here!
I have a few questions.
Can I change my avatars later on, I'm not sure my guy has Shulk voice and the hair is kinda green when I wanted something more black :/
The game seems a bit rough around the edge so far graphically I can't explain why but I think I find Xenoblade Wii more pleasing on WiiU, maybe the lighting of what I've seen and the sun was rather bright when I was playing outside so I may utterly stupidly wrong.
Also, it's possible to make multiple saves?

TheMoon

New citizen of Mira here!
I have a few questions.
Can I change my avatars later on, I'm not sure my guy has Shulk voice and the hair is kinda green when I wanted something more black :/
The game seems a bit rough around the edge so far graphically I can't explain why but I think I find Xenoblade Wii more pleasing on WiiU, maybe the lighting of what I've seen and the sun was rather bright when I was playing outside so I may utterly stupidly wrong.
Also, it's possible to make multiple saves?

OP is your friend.

New save => make new system user account

El Odio

Banned
The zones are kinda weird in that sense where even Cauldros isn't filled with end game enemies. It's not as safe as Primordia sure but it's not filled with just end game enemies. There's even area with just enemies under level 10.
That could be said about all the regions really. I just teleported to the first probe spot in Sylvalum and flew across the ocean to the spot. I'll be damned if Cauldros didn't look outright imposing from the outer shore.

Mael

OP is your friend.

New save => make new system user account

Awesome!
Although I wonder if I'll even bother, I'll be pretty attached to my black green haired homs.

The new save = new account is pretty shit though, I mean if you want anything to do with miiverse (and I think online at this point) you need a miiverse account attached to it!
That's bad.

^^^^
You can name your skells?
Woah!!!!!

Mael

your avatar is the most terrifying fucking creature I've ever seen in my life

I'm afraid to post it now...
I'm actually pretty pleasantly surprised with the character editor, I expected worse and the shades of skins are not bad too.
You can't just make anything you want but close enough for a game I'll spend most of my time looking at my avatar's butt.

zroid

Banned
Sorry for the noob question, but do I have to level my companions arts myself or is there a way to auto do it?

DIY!

I wouldn't spend too much time on it since they have a much more limited set of arts and skills than you do. Just upgrade whatever.

ivysaur12

Banned
So Ambush/Attack on Biahno hills spoilers:
After the quest finished I got an achievement notification that was called Definian Immigration. Does that mean that imply that they're going to be moving into NLA like the other races or that they're within the city already spying on everyone?

Black Tar part 2

The former, I believe.

Is there any explanation why Definians have a code before their name? I didn't see any in the Intel.

Had a rather odd Telethia battle. My level 30 heavy Skell got blown up in one-shot (I was able to swing my scythe once) which didn't happen last time and using a raygun and knife on foot I wasn't able to do much damage. Well absorber skin and smooth recovery kept a team mate and myself safe.

Speaking of the Telethia Plume an overdrive killstreak was posted earlier. The bulid/gear has been updated allowing the player to get 537 KOs solo. The total damage at the end is amusing.

Also finally got the flight module get time to go "...over the rainbow, it's a glorious sight..."

Well, time to hunt for her around the city then because she hasn't been back at her spot at ALL times.
Do use the google doc spreadsheet in the OP for location info. Will save a headache (and cause one if you don't know that you need affinity hearts and sometimes story/quest progress to unlock them).

Can someone please tell me how much the game is on the European/German eShop? I currently have no access to my Wii U and I have to decide if I buy it in a store or in the eShop. Thank you very much in advance!
€60

Can someone link me to the Skell battle theme? It's so good.
"How many times you gotta kill your friends?"

Speaking of the music being cut and pasted to make battle themes at least Black Tar was completely intact unlike "Wir fliegen" (the overdrive theme).

Alexa quest spoilers:
Yo did that lady seriously just say the
Ramjet Rifle
was crap? That shit builds TP like nobody's business

I use this for my gun. The damage is garbage and it has a 10 second cooldown for auto-attacks... but all of my skills and abilities are about making my lightsaber more awesome so that doesn't matter. I open the fight with it and I whip it out after every combo for a free 900 TP. The auto-attack cooldown ticks even when another weapon is being used. It's a truly great assault rifle that supports a melee-focused build phenomenally. I'm at a point now where I never run out of TP and can string together Monado Buster and Starduster combos like nobody's business. I could foresee a future where I need a weapon that has augment slots, though, but right now is not that time.

cyba89

I don't like that the Skell flying theme is one song that starts from the beginning everytime you start a flight. Wish it was more dynamic.

Dineren

Banned
I don't like that the Skell flying theme is one song that starts from the beginning everytime you start a flight. Wish it was more dynamic.

That and the fact that the theme for the continent resets no matter how long you are in the air kind of annoys me.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I have grown too attached to my Amdusias. Every time I am forced to fight on foot such as caves I tend to groan. A lot.

Telling things to die via Servant Sacrifice is always fun though.

Golnei

That and the fact that the theme for the continent resets no matter how long you are in the air kind of annoys me.

It's a really annoying decision. It might have been a better idea to do something more dynamic, and just have 'ground' and 'Skell' versions of the continent themes which seamlessly transitioned between each other. It'd be better than not changing the regular music at all, while not creating a situation where you have to hear the first 10 seconds of a cue over and over again.

Or they could just make it take longer for area themes to reset.

Chaos17

From now on when I play Irina I will need to level her up so I can focus 100% on healing, lol. Way better!!

Also, I finaly was able to unlock character make over quest so my Mc got a new haircut.
I guess he feels more confortable now, so he is letting his wild side show, lol

Klyka

Banned

giphy.gif

TDLink

"Beat" the game/Finished the story. Whatever you want to call it.

I really enjoyed it, especially the final chapter, but...

What the hell is with that ending? A cliffhanger? All these questions they bring up in the final chapter and they don't answer them? Kinda sucks. We have to wait 5 years to maybe get these answers.
Still a great game though. The gameplay was ace. The world is ace. I really like all the different aliens. I'd be happy to further explore the planet in another game. I just hope the next one is more story focused. I like what is there, it is just very sparse. Still going to do all the affinity and normal missions.

Also a post-game question:
How do I change Elma's form?

brau

From now on when I play Irina I will need to level her up so I can focus 100% on healing, lol. Way better!!

Also, I finaly was able to unlock character make over quest so my Mc got a new haircut.
I guess he feels more confortable now, so he is letting his wild side show, lol

I wish the game had more options of hair and beards.

Blues1990

I don't know if the information in the game is incorrect, but I haven't found any malevolent petramand silk from the gadolinium petramands that I have killed. What am I doing wrong?

Vena

"Beat" the game/Finished the story. Whatever you want to call it.

I really enjoyed it, especially the final chapter, but...

What the hell is with that ending? A cliffhanger? All these questions they bring up in the final chapter and they don't answer them? Kinda sucks. We have to wait 5 years to maybe get these answers.
Still a great game though. The gameplay was ace. The world is ace. I really like all the different aliens. I'd be happy to further explore the planet in another game. I just hope the next one is more story focused. I like what is there, it is just very sparse. Still going to do all the affinity and normal missions.

Also a post-game question:
How do I change Elma's form?

Go to settings.

Had a rather odd Telethia battle. My level 30 heavy Skell got blown up in one-shot (I was able to swing my scythe once) which didn't happen last time and using a raygun and knife on foot I wasn't able to do much damage. Well absorber skin and smooth recovery kept a team mate and myself safe.
damage reflected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom