• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
I've never been more mad at my country right now, fuck off America. Me and my family didn't choose to have this skin color, my friends didn't choose to be LBGT, my friends didn't choose to be women, hope you like bankruptcy.

American "exceptionalism" and "nationalism" is killing the rest of the world too.

Klocker

No this won the election for Trump:
Cwy0ozSXcAAGuTx.jpg

Cwy0o85XAAEbpRl.jpg

This was very much a push back against a changing country, white people eventually no longer being the majority and benefiting from privilege.

I'm older white man and disgusted by the idiots.. the 18-29 men 48% shocks me as well.

Wonder how the fuck anyone expects him to bring them all these jobs he promised, he's a god damned liar and people are going to wake up and realize they were lied to like morons

orochi91

I am in S. Korea as well, but I think Trump will keep American bases here. Even if the Korean government refuses to pay money. The military won't recommend a withdrawal and Trump will want the bases to remain to intimidate China.
Has Trump ever said anything hostile, with regards to China and their regional influence?

kuppy

On a slightly different note. I enjoyed the MSNBC coverage, they did a great job. I also liked the NYT, WSJ and Guardian articles, graphics and pictures. At least the media seems to be in the right headspace and they shall be tough on this.

serious question, the APEC in Lima is going to be next Saturday, China's president, Putin, Duterte and other leaders will be there, do you guys think Trump will try to go ? I think Obama is going himself.

Nah, one last time, fuck all this kumbaya lets all hold hands nonsense.

You just elected Trump you don't get to say that.

Indeed. How can people who vote for Trump say "Don't worry, it's gonna be okay, we've got your back!" to the minority.

That sounds more like an insult than a consolidation to me.

Bishop89

A guy I know just texted me and after finding out the results he instantly regrets voting for gary johnson. He thought hillary got the election in the basket so he voted for whoever except trump or hillary.

Fucking stupid people.

Wasn't this similar case with Brexit? Lot of ppl voted to leave for the lulz because they thought it would never happen

Trump brought out the Republicans old secret weapon, the blue collar Reagan Democrats in the Rust Belt. This is a group that has long been forgotten and marginalized. Say whatever you want about Trump but tapping into that group was a brilliant tactic which has paid off in spades.

Volimar

data means nothing in the face of a movement. bernie could have beaten trump, we fucked up people. we fucked up.

I voted for him in Ohio, but he couldn't win a primary, so we don't know for sure. He may have ended up doing even worse among minorities than Clinton.

norm9

It's about the money you hope maybe one day will possibly be in your pocket if you're lucky

I swear it's so fucking stupid, these people vote for Republicans because "I will be rich one day and they'll make my taxes lower!"

Not every latino is a first generation immigrant though. Many are business owners who don't want their piece of the pie taken by a new guy hopping over the border fence or whatever. Some don't even even speak spanish.

This election was real good at brushing everyone with the same big brush.

Ultimately, money (or like you say, potential money) talks.

He's going to win with 48% of the vote. He has no mandate. Battle lines are going to be drawn for the next 4 years.

I'd like to think this is a sobering moment for him. He has achieved a political marvel, and for once, his arrogance is justified. But he hasn't won anything - he's only become burdened with great responsibility and half a nation that fears him. I hope he changes.

I'm British and just woke up to the news, ffs America you had one job!

The only good thing is now we aren't the laughing stock for our idiots voting for Brexit since you guys are right in the gutter with us now.

Hillary was a woman who fought for Universal Healthcare in 1993!!!!!!!
Hillary fought for Childcare

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people are soooooooooooo fucked up to vote for a 70 year old man who did NOTHING for the public ever

Nepenthe

I got no problem with that. How is that received on the other end tho? Lots of suspect looks happening right now that are immediate incorrect judgements. It's sad cause where I grew up, Tacoma, WA, that type of shit was never an issue cause we all wanted to come up. Nowadays the perception has changed even when it's unwarranted. At some point everyone has to come together as Americans or there will be no progress. Not denying there's an issue just looking for a real solution.

Again, do you think minorities aren't already on a platform of increased civil and economic liberties for the 99%? We're literally over here waiting for y'all to get your shit together and you refuse to come over here because we're calling you to come over here. It's ridiculous.

What about all the people Clinton got killed in Benghazi? Do their lives not matter? Trump hasn't caused anyone to die that I know of.

Hahaha fuck yeah man, Hillary straight up murdered those people.

Oh, wait. Want to bring up the email shit too now? That's usually how these conversations go.

Steel

Banned
There is no magical comeback at this point. Trump is going to be President Trump.

Will be an interesting 4 years for sure. Let's see some results on actual, non minimum wage type jobs.

That'll definitely happen when we have another recession in the next couple years. The stock market crash coming tomorrow will just be a taste. He won't even actually be in office and the markets will have a breakdown.

Well if I stayed up this long I might as well stay up to see the Hillary concession speech......back when I was a Bernie supporter I was praying for it, guess that was a monkeys paw wish.

Wonder how gaudy Trumps speech is gonna get. I feel like its gonna be one of the most important moments in our generation for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom