• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
When LeBron gets a triple double and Kyrie goes for 49, you would expect them to have soundly beaten a Pelicans team, with or without Anthony Davis.

I tried to tell everyone Korver is an on court liability due to his age and no D.

His ability to hit a wide open 3 doesn't make up for his other factors on the court.

He will not tolerate cheap ownership who will not spend money to win!!!
They barely won a 7 game series, and saw their likely finals opponent add a younger MVP to their team while they got older. Then they lost two rotation players. But sure, he should just be more chill when management doesn't think they need another C even though rebounding and physical play is literally their only hope.

Bron realizes he's got the equivalent of 16+ years worth of miles on his body and doesn't want to just get 'em next year. For all of his bluster about feeling young as ever, he's gotten his shot blocked more than I've ever seen on layups that would've been dunks even a year ago. I think his time as a physical force at the top of the mountain is almost over and I suspect he's beginning to worry about it as well.

So The Ringer made a web game about tanking.

https://theringer.com/tanking-the-game-5f5524ec589d#.jkbdd7vln

I've only beaten it once. Keep getting fired after year 2.

Alright, done now. I basically had something similar to the Bucks just happen, I was so damn lucky.

Trade for 2nd rounders, hire coach. Got a superstar from a no.9 pick and 2 role players from the 2nd round. Hired vets

Then a dead rookie on the 14th(?) pick and 3 role players from the 2nd round. Forget if I hired or not, think I did.

Ignore coach. Media, owner, etc. disgruntled. Then a superstar with a no 8 pick or something, and 3 scrubs from 2nd round. Fire coach

New coach, decentish season, and between 2nd rounders and 1st round, forget which one got it for me (think it was the 2nd rounder), I got another star. Hire vets

I won in the 4th year

Tom Penny

They barely won a 7 game series, and saw their likely finals opponent add a younger MVP to their team while they got older. Then they lost two rotation players. But sure, he should just be more chill when management doesn't think they need another C even though rebounding and physical play is literally their only hope.

Bron realizes he's got the equivalent of 16+ years worth of miles on his body and doesn't want to just get 'em next year. For all of his bluster about feeling young as ever, he's gotten his shot blocked more than I've ever seen on layups that would've been dunks even a year ago. I think his time as a physical force at the top of the mountain is almost over and I suspect he's beginning to worry about it as well.

Lebron constructed the current roster he's bitching about. All the moves they make go through him including firing coaches unless your incredibly naive and think those are all GM decisions lol

On a side note. Wizards dressed in all black to face the Celtics? Edgy and original !!!

Mortemis

Banned
Won after a few tries, and I did it with all my stars coming from the second round, and injury prone or weed carrier players in the first. lol

Nothing that you said can be solved by him throwing everyone in the roster under the bus. And excuse me if I don't feel bad for Lebron, we all know he makes every move in the organization. He consistently has his fingertips on everything and want to act like the GM and the coach on that fuckballing machine he built both in Cleveland and in Miami and he blames everyone else when things don't go well, even if it's mid fucking January and his team leads the East and it's pretty much a lock for another Finals trip.

That's bad form. He's been incredibly successful because he's incredibly talented, but stuff like that is to me part of the reason why he has a losing record in the Finals. He's the wrong kind of asshole.

Drafted a star then superstar in the tanking game, but then I got weed carrier and player who dies in accident and got fired. Don't think that one was too fair.

Edit: Finally won in 3 seasons haha

gutshot

So Richaun Holmes might be the second best center on the Sixers. 14 points in 9 mins and just had an emphatic rejection on Griffin.

Lebron constructed the current roster he's bitching about. All the moves they make go through him including firing coaches unless your incredibly naive and think those are all GM decisions lol

On a side note. Wizards dressed in all black to face the Celtics? Edgy and original !!!
Did he tear Chris Anderson's achilles and break JR's thumb too? If he was the all encompassing GM as you think, he wouldn't have to beg for a C publicly because the real GM told him no (and Griffin is on the record having said as much).
Nothing that you said can be solved by him throwing everyone in the roster under the bus. And excuse me if I don't feel bad for Lebron, we all know he makes every move in the organization. He consistently has his fingertips on everything and want to act like the GM and the coach on that fuckballing machine he built both in Cleveland and in Miami and he blames everyone else when things don't go well, even if it's mid fucking January and his team leads the East and it's pretty much a lock for another Finals trip.

That's bad form. He's been incredibly successful because he's incredibly talented, but stuff like that is to me part of the reason why he has a losing record in the Finals. He's the wrong kind of asshole.
I agree with you about how he phrased it in terms of shitting on his teammates, but I don't agree that he should just be cool with the roster as is. If he needs to go to the media to get shit done, then that's what he has to do. Complain about him being involved but him having input in the first two seasons worked (since they only lost the first one because they were down Ky and Love). Just getting to the finals isn't the endgame. He knows they need a bigger move to counter KD joining a 73 win team and his GM is putting up resistance.

Griffin also chided James for his calling for another big.

"I think his comment about needing a big, I'm not necessarily sure we're on that page, especially from the coaching staff's standpoint," Griffin said. "Ironically, because we like to play small with LeBron at the four so much. That may mean he doesn't like playing four so much, but we're awfully good when we play that way."

Griffin was suggesting that Lue doesn't value adding another big because he likes to play smaller, 3-point shooting lineups in which James essentially plays power forward. James plays more in the post during the playoffs, something he doesn't love but has grown accustomed to.
It should be obvious to everyone that trying to run and gun with the Warriors isn't going to work. TT isn't going to cut it as their one big.

Washington pulling this "dressing for a funeral" crap before a regular season game is such a lame move.

Here they were, trying to be respectful to their opponents, and you guys just rebuke them.

Wow.

Swaggy P can play a small ball 5, and you can have him, Cleveland, for the low low price of a 2025 first round pick.

Ah, I see you're trying to get a somewhat better pick in time for the start of LeDecline

spyder_ur

What's with Beal's new wannabe badass act? Guy misses 9 games with a hangnail.

He is destroying the Celts though. Transition D has been abysmal.

Also are these Wizards jerseys the worst variant in the NBA?

OT and a bit random, but I've been wondering this quite often lately...

Did Michael Jordan ever explain his Hitler mustache he was rocking for a while or did anyone ever ask him what was up with it?

bionic77

OT and a bit random, but I've been wondering this quite often lately...

Did Michael Jordan ever explain his Hitler mustache he was rocking for a while or did anyone ever ask him what was up with it?
I got this.

Jordan was always a follower and a bitchass. When left to his own devices his idea of fashion included the infamous leather suit, 60 inch jorts and of course he tried to bring the Hitler mustache back in style. Jordan never did shit without Pippen there to carry his ass and he could never carry Cedric Ceballos' jock (to be fair though rumor has it that not many were up to that challenge). He can't even run a basketball team without fucking it up. When someone was dressing him in the 90s or carrying his ass on the court he looked reasonable, but now that those people are gone you get the Hitler mustache and all of his other failures.

In summary. Fuck Jordan.

I got this.

Jordan was always a follower and a bitchass. When left to his own devices his idea of fashion included the infamous leather suit, 60 inch jorts and of course he tried to bring the Hitler mustache back in style. Jordan never did shit without Pippen there to carry his ass and he could never carry Cedric Ceballos' jock (to be fair though rumor has it that not many were up to that challenge). He can't even run a basketball team without fucking it up. When someone was dressing him in the 90s or carrying his ass on the court he looked reasonable, but now that those people are gone you get the Hitler mustache and all of his other failures.

In summary. Fuck Jordan.

He couldn't even lift the tunesquad over the monstars until Bill Murray showed up.

I got this.

In summary. Fuck Jordan.

LMFAO your tag.

Sorry, as much as I think MJ was a douche bag, he's still the GOAT.

bionic77

He couldn't even lift the tunesquad over the monstars until Bill Murray showed up.
You take away Bill Murray, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Jud Buechler and all of the other mighty men who had to lift his worthless ass on their shoulders and you know what you have left?

A bitchass bitch!

Fuck you Jordan!

You take away Bill Murray, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Jud Buechler and all of the other mighty men who had to lift his worthless ass on their shoulders and you know what you have left?

A bitchass bitch!

Fuck you Jordan!

mjl.gif

I got this.

In summary. Fuck Jordan.
:jnc

gutshot

I got this.

In summary. Fuck Jordan.

Lol bionic plz

Be honest, do you got a Google Alert for "neogaf Michael Jordan"?

Yeah, it continuously seems like the best way to start is trade for picks, then hire a coach, then listen listen to coach's input on personnel but not vets. D-league talent is too terrible, and if you don't get those 2nd round picks that so often seem to save your ass you're probably screwed.

Fire coach around 3rd or 4th year seems to work so far?

You know, I think I agree with one of the results from the game. Outside of the top 3 seeds, it's very unlikely that you land a star. But way too many teams in the 4-8 or 4-10 range go for upside, YOLO picks, that don't seem to work out.

Or maybe it's just that the teams that pick 10-20 or 15-20 tend to be better teams with better environments for rookies to play and develop in?

Top Bottom