• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonFrog

Even for a show that promises to focus on 2017, I don't think it's beyond Nintendo to tease one big game for "first half 2018" and another one for an unspecified slot in 2018. It's worth keeping in mind that the spring release calendar is often headlined by a mass-market-friendly title (think of precedents like MK8 or Splatoon), which Metroid (for instance) wouldn't be, although we did get Star Fox Zero last April in what was a very quiet year.

And who knows: maybe Nintendo will call on Retro to provide an answer for the multiplayer co-op shooter market occupied in the west by Destiny, The Division, and Anthem. Maybe something leveraging a well-known existing IP. How about this: the players are all ground troopers in the Galactic Federation...
February/March could be Metroid/FE. Main spring game in April.

As to the hypothetical: :(. But it could be good for others.

They probably don't want to cannibalize the new Sun and Moon on 3DS so I think there is no chance of a Switch Pokemon at this E3, outside of Pokken

Why would 3DS exclusives be cannibalized by a Switch title? They're not even backwards compatible. Not that I think there's any chance of a Pokemon Eclipse happening anyway

And who knows: maybe Nintendo will call on Retro to provide an answer for the multiplayer co-op shooter market occupied in the west by Destiny, The Division, and Anthem. Maybe something leveraging a well-known existing IP. How about this: the players are all ground troopers in the Galactic Federation...

Releasing another Metroid spinoff before they have a mainline Metroid game to show is probably something Nintendo would steer clea ofaftr Feeratin Force's reception.

Unless this is a "That's the Joke" post...

sinonobu

Banned
Some dude at EZA thread is teasing Spotlight announcement (not sure if he's legit though)

Let's just say people might be getting double what they asked for from the return of a long awaited franchise.

Also, a riddle (these pictures are related to separate things):

latest

o-CHICAGO-BLIZZARD-facebook.jpg

So long as my source is right.

Edit : He's saying his text and image teases are two separate things

February/March could be Metroid/FE. Main spring game in April.

Could very well be the case, unless Xenoblade 2 gets bumped into February/March. FE is also big enough now that Nintendo was confident putting it up as their first-party tentpole on the 3DS for the first half of 2017 (in the form of a Gaiden remake, no less, which is digging into what was once pretty obscure territory as well as FE goes). I could see the next main-line FE getting a prominent position on the calendar, depending on how serious they are about committing to simultaneous global releases. Echoes only experienced a localization delay of a little over a month, which I believe was historically low.

jeremy1456

Watch as they announce Pokémon Stars tomorrow.

I highly doubt they will, but that would be hilarious considering they're leaving the Switch out of the newest games.

Seems very Nintendo.

MoonFrog

Releasing another Metroid spinoff before they have a mainline Metroid game to show is probably something Nintendo would steer clea ofaftr Feeratin Force's reception.

Unless this is a "That's the Joke" post...
Nah...the premise of FF was right. Just the 3DS held it back. The true Metroid Reggie said he knew fans wanted--that's the same Metroid he said fans wanted in the FF case. Just FF didn't deliver it.

jdstorm

Banned
Even for a show that promises to focus on 2017, I don't think it's beyond Nintendo to tease one big game for "first half 2018" and another one for an unspecified slot in 2018. It's worth keeping in mind that the spring release calendar is often headlined by a mass-market-friendly title (think of precedents like MK8 or Splatoon), which Metroid (for instance) wouldn't be, although we did get Star Fox Zero last April in what was a very quiet year.

This is funny since a fair number of people in the Anthem thread keep posting that it looks like a TPS Xenoblade Chronicles X with a bigger budget.

kmax

The only one that showed up at E3 this year was Ubisoft.

Let's hope Nintendo joins them. Preparing for disappointment though.

Mr. Tibbs

Seeing as we know most of what's coming I strongly feel like whatever they show from Retro will determine how people react to the whole thing.

-Retro no-show: Where were the surprises? Where was retro? What has Nintendo been doing?
-Retro making DKCR 3 or a party game or a remaster: Disappointing show, we already knew about almost everything, Retro are being wasted!
-Retro new IP: Great show, Retro redeemed, Mario looks great, life is wonderful.
-Retro making Metroid: Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh nintendo won e3 aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Haha, this is way too accurate!

Some dude at EZA thread is teasing Spotlight announcement (not sure if he's legit though)

Supposing we take this seriously (I'm not; just doing this for fun):

"Double"—please be Ice Climber. (Hoping for a 2002-style 2D and 3D Metroid on the same day is probably too much. But then it could always be Metroid... on the 3DS.)

Green Lantern—something from HAL.

The snowstorm—notably, this is a front-page Google hit for images of the search term "blizzard". Expect Hearthstone. Don't hang yourself with expectations of Overwatch.

Let's say the second Pic means Blizzard and Blizzard = Diablo 3 on the Switch. I don't care what you nerds say or how long Diablo 3 has been out Nintendo won E3. That would be huge but I don't believe it.

And fuck riddles.

Metroid has historically had 2D and 3D games simultaneously in development. Metroid Prime and Fusion in 2002 and Prime 2 and Zero Mission in 2004.

namabiiru

The first is a 2D Metroid game by HAL Laboratories (that Green Lantern's name is Hal)

The second one, I have no idea, but maybe it's a Metroid game running on the Frostbite engine lol.

Laieon

Let's say the second Pic means Blizzard and Blizzard = Diablo 3 on the Switch. I don't care what you nerds say or how long Diablo 3 has been out Nintendo won E3. That would be huge but I don't believe it.

And fuck riddles.

Diablo 3 on Switch would be the best announcement of the entire expo for me.

They specifically chose a picture of Hal Jordan. It's safe to say that is referring to a Switch game by HAL Laboratories.
It was a joke answer on my part, I'm terrible at these teases

Still, HAL sounds interesting. Melee HD lol or Kirby Air Ride
Edit: Oh yeah, Mother 3

Laieon

Now that they have shown off Skyrim and Mario+Rabbids can we say that they won't take up time in the Spotlight now? I hope not

Hope not. I do hope we get some more gameplay footage on treehouse though, Mario + Rabbids is one of the standouts for me so far.

Chauzu

The only way I get disappointed is us not getting new info for all games releasing this year and we do not get a single new game announcement.

I doubt I will be disappointed.

ggx2ac

I didn't know Hearthstone was a long awaited franchise coming back.

I'd rather just wait for 8+ hours for the spotlight.

Oxymoron

"Let's just say people might be getting double what they asked for from the return of a long awaited franchise."

is probably Mother 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom