• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ubi-Conf] Watch_Dogs Announced (Video/screens added) [Up: Xbox 360/PS3/PC]

evolution

Looks great, I swear we had a thread on here asking for an open world game like this. It reminded me of that show person of interest, With all the stuff popping up in people.

Dibbz

No doubt a vertical slice. Hope there is as much polish in the final game.

Credit to the devs for trying to push new gameplay ideas and innovations and not ditching it in favor of the "cinematic" route.

Cartman86

Banned
Looks like open world games can finally live up to the visuals they so deserve. Really looking forward to seeing games that don't even have to have such huge environments. Plus it's launch. Either way that's pretty nice. Just good image quality goes a long way. Hope the stuff that was done is actually going to be possible considering they no doubt scripted a lot of it for the demo.

I...I...there are no words...

Completely threw me off guard. Wasn't expecting anything like that. It just looks incredible and the idea is so unique and interesting. I take off my hat to Ubisoft, I really do.

As for platforms, he was definitely using a 360 controller but the graphics, animations and everything looked way better than anything we've seen on the 360 and PS3 so far. I'm thinking it's a next-gen title and was being played on PC with a hooked up 360 controller.

I just hope that if that's the case, it somehow comes to WiiU because the WiiU's GamePad would be a perfect fit for something like this. It really would.

Corto

Unban DennisK4 please. He would be in tears... Damn! This has potential to be best game of whatever year it releases.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yea, was definitely being demoed on a PC with that controller. I'm all in based on the concept. By the time the game hits I will have at least a 680 or better GPU.

Clott

WOOOOOOW

Talk about stealing the show. Now this is what we need, a new IP, that's taking gaming somewhere interesting, it plays like something a Bourne movie, it plays like something fresh.

So excited.

I deeply hope Nintendo shocks everyone by announcing this as a timed Wii U exclusive.

Regardless of where it lands, this looks simply stunning. A massive open world city, and countless tools to create pure chaos.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If it's a 'next gen' game, it'd have to be for Wii U considering there is no 720 or announcements of PS4 thus far

I thought I saw a PS3 controller, but I could be wrong as the stream was only SD and the shot was very brief and it was dark.

Why would they use a black 360 controller? :p Maybe just a dev build then.

Still, I don't care if it's ps360wiiu so long as pc gets it

Bombadil

Banned
I just woke up from a nap, watched this trailer, and proceeded to sob with joy. Thank you, Ubisoft. Thank you. Thank you for redeeming this day. Oh god, I can feel the joy down in my plums. Oh oh oh.

So, during the demo, do you think the car accident part was optional? If that car sped through the traffic light without you messing around with it, would you be given a big FAIL and reset until you switched the light?

Whatever platform this comes out on, I'm in.

The game looked incredibly creative and a totally new experience. Those 8 minutes put Microsoft's entire presentation to shame.

dosh

Ubisoft won E3 so hard with this game. Fuck, it's like everything I've ever wanted in a game manifested on my screen. Take my money, all of it.

I loved how they totally overshadowed AC3 with one of their own games. And yes to everything you juste said.

Diablos54

Best game of E3 thus far. Who else was surprised UBISOFT has had the best conference so far, especially after last year?

jett

D-Member
I don't see how anything tops this, it was amazing full-stop, and our first glimpse at a next-gen game.

It looks great but I think it's going to hing on how linear. Do you have to turn off the traffic lights at that exact moment to move ahead with your goal? It's needs to be somewhat free form IMO. Maybe a bit like Assassin's creed, with lots of ways to complete your objectives.

alba

Little is the new Big
GOTS hands down. Who knew it'd come out of Ubisoft's press conference? Yay! Looks amazing and I really like the setting. Like a few others mentioned, what Syndicate should've been basically :p

Mechazawa

If this is next gen I'll be very, very disappointed.

At best it looks like a PC version of a current gen game.

Do you remember what the first targeted samples of gameplay for next gen looked like?

This game will not look exactly like what was shown here by the time it's out.

Pandemic

I don't see it being next-gen though, games been in development for 2 years, and I doubt next-gen developer kits were being sent out then.

pargonta

So, during the demo, do you think the car accident part was optional? If that car sped through the traffic light without you messing around with it, would you be given a big FAIL and reset until you switched the light?

No, I'm guessing demarco would arrive at the club and animate to a position by the bar or something, where you could engage him

Was not expecting this at all. It came out out of nowhere. And it was so awesome. What I liked the most was how the AI reacted to what was happening. I hope that we'll see that in the finished game.

Top Bottom