• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9 [JP launch date will be announced]

Coxy

pretty much says he cant talk about ps4 release in japan yet but will on the 9th and at TGS, no teases or anything

KoopaTheCasual

I'll take a modest guess at Japan's launch date. I'll assume February, right alongside of Infamous: Second Son. That would be a really nice fresh game for Japanese gamers, while still delivering the open world goodness that is common in many Japanese titles. I could it also releasing with a bunch of other smaller titles as well, including Gundam, an unnanounced small scale RPG etc.

Racer1977

Does Japan have the same indie game culture we have in Europe/US?

Wondering if this will be a focus of the reveal(s) or whether it will be all AAA's from first and third parties.

Yoshida apologizes for not being able to share information for the Japanese market. He wants Japanese fans to wait for the 9/9 event and TGS as they will use those two events to detail PS4 for that region.

he'll do more apologizing after the events

#TeamSloppyCameraman

kudoboi

will they only announce the japan release date or whole of asia? For those wondering, its only japan/ korea that plays a lot of Jrpgs. Here in Singapore, most of my friends play games like Battlefield 3, Halo 4, Team Fortress 2 and Payday 2

wapplew

Sounds like they have a lot of news to share for Japan.

Totally this. Stage an early conference indicate that they might have too much in the sleeve and need to get information out back to back.
I'll accept Japan/Asia release on December or early or January, anything later will make me so mad! I can't stand all those glorious unboxing and UI demo, eye candy game let's play for over 2 month!

Also:

Sony used their gamescom Press Conference, and press release following the event, to announce all the countries that would be able to buy the PlayStation 4 come November 15th and November 29th.

While you could easily speculate that Sony is going to detail their Japanese launch plans during the briefing SCEJ has scheduled for September 9th, people living in India and the Middle East don’t know a release date for the PS4, just how it’s scheduled for the holiday season.

Getting more information about India and the Middle East was MCV UK (via MCV India), who spoke with Jim Ryan, CEO of SCEE, where he said, “That is going to be the subject of a separate announcement. We are not saying anything bad, but we are not saying that they are going to come before Christmas. It is just going to be the subject of a separate announcement.”

Atindriya Bose, PlayStation India Country Manager, spoke to MCV India about the PS4′s release date as well, saying, “So cannot confirm 2013 immediately as that is almost within a month of the EU launch date. With country logistics and certain regulatory requirements, it looks a pretty tight call.”

Shuhei Yoshida weighed in on this matter via his Twitter, asking that someone “pls wait for a bit more” regarding a release date in the Middle East.

longbisquit

Neo Member
Does Japan have the same indie game culture we have in Europe/US?

Wondering if this will be a focus of the reveal(s) or whether it will be all AAA's from first and third parties.

I just made a comment about this. I really want japanese devs to foster smaller games on the next gen home consoles. Get back to high reward, low risk opportunities. I just want them to pump out a lot of games like during the PS1-PS2 eras.

he'll do more apologizing after the events

#TeamSloppyCameraman

As awesome as the PlayStation gamescom 2013 Press Conference was with the announcement of the PlayStation 4 release date as this November, and all the new games shown off for PS4 and PS Vita, one bad point was the the live stream’s camera work

Right off the bat, you couldn’t really even really tell what Shuhei Yoshida was doing with the PlayStation 4 UI, then it went into one of the most extreme close-ups since Wayne’s World.
wS6XLQ8.gif

Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, now departing Cologne, Germany for Tokyo, apologized for the issues at the event by saying, “Leaving Cologne for Tokyo, it was a lot of fun, thank you all (and sorry for the atrocious camera work in the stream).” Earlier, he had voiced his displeasure at the camera work by replying to someone on Twitter by saying, “I agree, it was awful :( .”

But even with the camera problems, Shuhei was his usual trolling self on Twitter when he sent out: “Last year at gamescom, we unveiled rain, Puppeteer, Tearaway and Killzone: Mercenary. All these games are coming soon! (Where is Until Dawn?).” With Until Dawn still a huge question mark for Sony, hopefully this means it’s at least still in development, and closer to launch than The Last Guardian.

Yet he didn't apologize for sleeping during David Cage's talk. Though I don't blame him.

Logash

since they don't usually use their keynote for game announcements
imma guess
9/9 - games
keynote - price/date
famitsu/tgs stage show - Demon's Souls 2

I would guess the other way around. I'm not really committed or attached to that opinion though.

ReaperXL7

I think expectation for a bunch of games at the 9/9 event is setting yourself up for disappointment. I think the more likely situation is that this event will be used to discuss the price/date/japanese related media services, and maybe a one or two games.

TGS will likely be were the games are announced as its were all of the major pubs will be, and they will be able to place a focus on those games for japan if they get the release information out first.

Sad to say for me, that if Level 5's PS4 game really turns out to be an MMO I doubt it will be at either this year. Japan will also likely put some time into the Vita.....I hope.

Dont over do it on the hype for this GAF, I feel bad for the meltdowns some of you have when riding too much it.

daoster

It wouldn't surprise me if the games we see at the 9/9 event are the ones we've seen before: knack, drive club, killzone... We'll probably see the Japanese games at tgs

Do our insiders have any idea about games for this event or is it just JP launch date?

The Yakuza team has heavily hinted that Yakuza Ishin's platform will be announced there. It's going to be PS4 or Vita. So we at least know games will be involved and it's not just a release date event.

beast786

The Yakuza team has heavily hinted that Yakuza Ishin's platform will be announced there. It's going to be PS4 or Vita. So we at least know games will be involved and it's not just a release date event.

Thats great.

Love the constant flow of new games till launch.

Josh7289

I really only care about Japanese games on the PS4, since most Western games get PC ports (though increasingly Japanese ones do too). September will make or break the PS4 for me, at least for the next few years.

Soriku

I really only care about Japanese games on the PS4, since most Western games get PC ports (though increasingly Japanese ones do too). September will make or break the PS4 for me, at least for the next few years.

Ehh it's not like this one event will dictate the PS4's library for the next few years. Many JP games aren't even announced at events.

androvsky

Notice how they are holding the conference on the day DreamCast launched. What does it mean?

Ah, makes sense, must be what they're holding up the Shenmue 1&2 HD and Skies of Arcadia HD remakes for. And the inevitable Shenmue 3 annoucement.

We all know 9/9/99 was just the US release, right? Just making sure.

Skeff

expecting a Q1 2014 release announced and a Japanese launch game, well for Q1, if you know what I mean.

I'd like to dream the launch game will be TLG or Shenmue 3 but let's be realistic, might just be a brand new mainline Monster Hunter

Yea joking about monster hunter too, it's ff7 remake!

Racer1977

Aren't Sega making exclusives for PS4 after some sort of deal?

Also seen it reported an arcade racer is in development at Sony (possibly digital download), wonder if this is a Japan developed game?

sense

my guess is they will launch in december. they probably won't keep japan starving for too long. it will be like wii u launch which was november in us/eu and december in japan. nintendo did not confirm launch date until september last year so it is not unlikely even though sony hasn't said anything about the asia region.

anyways i noticed sony is doing a keynote titled "The World Created by “Playstation 4”
on september 19. is that their tgs conference or is that a separate thing? the description does say

"“Playstation 4” is the next generation computer entertainment system which will be released by Sony Computer Entertainment towards the end of this year, 2013. Detailed specification of this latest system and its exclusive software titles and the new gaming experience that can be realized with the “Playstation 4” platform will be introduced together with the latest information. "

http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2013/en/business/forum_base.html

After Gamescom I'm getting a sinking feeling that Demon's Souls 2 won't be announced here or at TGS.

i don't think it is going to be titled demon souls 2 so as to not eat into dark souls 2 sales or confuse people. new title with inspiration from demon/dark souls will be my guess for next gen.

Top Bottom