• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9 [JP launch date will be announced]

Well, cboat is mod approved too.

Insiders aren't infallible, you know.

CBOAT is right for a lot of the accounts that he's pretty much the real deal.

Besides, each insider are different in their 'sources'. Someone like mortimer gets his details from 2nd-hand sources, because he's friends with those inside, and not actually inside himself. And even those friends of his don't necessarily know everything.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sony's FY ends March 31st, so I'm going to remain hopeful that it will launch soon after the US / Europe with a decent array of titles, and will appeal to the Japanese audiences.

I just hope Japanese gamers won't react negatively to the PS4's delayed Japanese launch as they have with Microsoft not prioritizing the region at all.

Yeah. It's good they're doing a separate event for Japan as well. Sure we know about FFXV, KH3, MGS5 and Deep Down but those are likely all far and away not even close to launch.

ZenTzen

i really hope sony shows more down the line games for people to be excited about, they definetly need something on the fighting game front, and update people on last guardians status, what about that rumored RPG as well, at least something else thats not indie, yes indie is great but come on, show us more first party stuff other than KZ, or Infamous

i really hope sony shows more down the line games for people to be excited about, they definetly need something on the fighting game front, and update people on last guardians status, what about that rumored RPG as well, at least something else thats not indie, yes indie is great but come on, show us more first party stuff other than KZ, or Infamous

What was wrong with the non-indies they showed? It was way more than E3!

- Rime
- Rapture
- Shadow of the Beast
- Res0gun
- Helldivers

Even if we take out the last 2 games because they're... kinda indie, the first 3 is aren't.

Replicant

Folklore 2 incoming.

tumblr_mhdct100TS1s4xv4mo1_500.gif

But

The Last Guardian?
Siren sequel?
JRPGs?
Demon Souls 2?
Yakuza Ishin?
Legend of the Dragoon 2?
More Japanese unique games?

Yes please!

TheHater

Expectation:
Folklore 2
Legend of Dragoon 2
Final Fantasy VII-remake
Dark Cloud
Rogue Galaxy
New Tales game
The Last Guardian
New Metal Slug
Wild Arms
Ni no Kuni 2

Reality:
Dynasty Warrior
Dynasty Warrior Gundam
Dynasty Warrior vs Dynasty Warrior Gundam
Final Fantasy XIII-4 Lighten Abortion
Super Ultimate Ultra Mega Capcom vs Marvel 3 Super Arcade 2014 Edition

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. It's good they're doing a separate event for Japan as well. Sure we know about FFXV, KH3, MGS5 and Deep Down but those are likely all far and away not even close to launch.

Yeah, it shows they're confident. I just hope the games are ready!

Well considering they continued to say indie this, indie that when the 5 games were presented, I am more likely to lean towards the idea that they are indie games.

Did you even watch the conference?

After Shahid (INDIES), they had someone else come up on stage to talk about WWS, and games coming out from their core pipeline, where they then introduced Rapture, Rine, etc.

There was a transition from indies to non-indies, and the splash-page of those games even specificaly mentioned "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents", which meant all those games are SCE-published... and exclusives.

I know indies were quoted a million times throughout the conference, but they did not call thechineseroom and Tequila Works indies.

Insiders aren't infallible, you know.

CBOAT is right for a lot of the accounts that he's pretty much the real deal.

Besides, each insider are different in their 'sources'. Someone like mortimer gets his details from 2nd-hand sources, because he's friends with those inside, and not actually inside himself. And even those friends of his don't necessarily know everything.

Off the top of my head, I don't think cboat got anything right at E3 either.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Cerny namedropped PaRappa during the conference today. I hope after the show he got his ass onto a plane grabbed Greenblat, Matsuura, and the rest of NanaOn-Sha, and made sure they were working on a new PaRappa game.

:(

As for things that are in the realm of possibility I'm hoping to see a Tokyo Jungle sequel/follow up, some new Minna no Golf, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost, and a real god damn Ridge Racer game.

So, Yakuza Ishin's platform is still unannounced even after the Famitsu leak. I originally thought that it was going to be a Vita game, but if they're holding it back for this event, then it's probably a PS4 game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So, Yakuza Ishin's platform is still unannounced even after the Famitsu leak. I originally thought that it was going to be a Vita game, but if they're holding it back for this event, then it's probably a PS4 game.

Entirely possible and wouldn't be surprising given Nagoshi's comments.

But I just got off this last hype train. Now you want me to get on another?

The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2, that's all I ask for. Anything else is a bonus.

Japanese games. Just what I need! Hopefully some make it it western shores for launch window, too. I'll take an upgraded Tekken Tag 2, even. Just..something. Please? Killzone does nothing for me...

Im hoping Gravity Rush 2 is announced then. I can also guess that a new Siren will be announced as well. And maybe actual JRPGs instead of ones that include elements of MH to it would be grand.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If they're going to announce a date then i've got to imagine that they plan on finally announcing some games that are going to appeal to Japan. Well, at least some games that'll be available at or near launch. KH3, FFXV and MGSV aren't coming out any time soon.

Don't forget Level-5 Vision is also next week, so potentially something there as well.

klee123

Here's hoping that the Japanese launch lineup will be different unlike with the PS3.

I remembered the first 2 years of the PS3's life. It was torture.

The games I'm looking for are more on the B tier stuff in terms of budget. Whilst the FFs and the MGSs are nice and all, I actually enjoyed the more niche stuff the most this gen.

jiggle

I really don't wanna get my hopes up cuz it's lolscea
but Sony has hit so many right notes since feb
it's hard not to be at least cautiously optimistic

wapplew

What's those third party Jap dev brewing? Missing in action at E3 and Gamecom.
So far we seen, Dead rising(western dev) ,deep down, FF15, KH3, MGSV and nothing more
Most of them seems like late 2104 or 2015.

Sege, Koei Techmo, NamcoBandai, Ninpon Ichi, From software,Atlus not one next gen game announce. All out mobile/handheld/Current gen?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Here's hoping that the Japanese launch lineup will be different unlike with the PS3.

I remembered the first 2 years of the PS3's life. It was torture.

The games I'm looking for are more on the B tier stuff in terms of budget. Whilst the FFs and the MGSs are nice and all, I actually enjoyed the more niche stuff the most this gen.

lol, wasn't the only Japan-centric launch title Gundam: Target in Sight or something?

I shamelessly own that game...

Squire

Banned
I bet it hits there in December.

Actual JP-developed titles on day one/in launch window will be slim. Super slim.

That's my expectation after 0 new retail titles at GamesCom.

Don't forget Level-5 Vision is also next week, so potentially something there as well.

Yeah, I remember Hino saying that they were working on a PS4 game that may be announced soon (although this was back in April). I'd love for it to be a Ni no Kuni sequel, but it's probably too soon for that.

jiggle

lol, wasn't the only Japan-centric launch title Gundam: Target in Sight or something?

I shamelessly own that game...
Genji?

Yeah, I remember Hino saying that they were working on a PS4 game that may be announced soon (although this was back in April). I'd love for it to be a Ni no Kuni sequel, but it's probably too soon for that.
I'd expect their first game to be funded by Sony, as per tradition
Dark cloud HD collections. And then 3 plz
Sege, Koei Techmo, NamcoBandai, Ninpon Ichi, From software,Atlus not one next gen game announce. All out mobile/handheld/Current gen?
waiting for this conference I hope
surely koei will have a musou game ready to go

I thought Level 5 always has a team which develop Sony's IP (Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles)
High chance Yakuza Ishin will be for PS4 (Famitsu still list platform unannouned). That will be much sooner than the first PS3 Yakuza (nearly 2 year after PS3 released)

Maybe the ease of Ps4 architecture probably helps Japan devs

wapplew

Genji?

waiting for this conference I hope
surely koei will have a musou game ready to go

If they just announce new games on TGS, I think Japan/Asia release will be Feb 2014
No way they plan to release the game on 2013 with only 2-3 month of media attention.

Top Bottom