• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9 [JP launch date will be announced]

mollipen

Kaz will reveal Ridge Racer PS4

Come on you know it

PlayStation 4.

Ridge Racer Type 4 is best Ridge Racer.

Next mainline console game would be Ridge Racer 8.

PS4 + RR Type 4 = Ridge Racer 8.

Ridge Racer 8 = 4 x 2 = double the awesomeness of Type 4.

Duxxy3

It all depends on how far the Japanese games are in development. The current games they have announced aren't going to cut it in Japan. Knack is the only one that might have some appeal there.

Does Japan have annual games? Honest question.

Annual games are most of launch titles in the west.

Squire

Banned
If they just announce new games on TGS, I think Japan/Asia release will be Feb 2014
No way they plan to release the game on 2013 with only 2-3 month of media attention.

It's launching in Japan this year. Sony has acknowledged a global audience at E3 and GamesCom and will do so at TGS.

Japan will have been following the narrative for far longer than 2-3 months.

Mandoric

Banned
Later NA/EU launch than many were expecting screams early-mid December to me. That would mean a launch in all regions a week or two before peak holiday shopping, and make use of the added stock of systems.

I don't think software lineup is an issue. The people who are going to buy at launch are going to be pretty okay with the western launch lineup.

Slightly obvious, but WSJ says that Sony confirmed to them that the PS4 Japanese launch date will be announced here.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-305764/

Nice, as already said, if they're ready to talk release date hopefully that means they'll also be ready to finally talk about some Japanese PS4 games (there and at TGS) in the works as the Japanese titles are what I'm usually most excited for. :)

That's the one I got lol.

I'd be totally up for a new Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy PS4 (and then a new Ni no Kuni too).

Off the top of my head, I don't think cboat got anything right at E3 either.
Why would you even make comments like that if you don't follow any of CBOATS posts?

And I know you don't follow any of CBOAT's posts or you wouldn't be making comments like that.

Some of the bitterness towards CBOAT is astounding.

wapplew

Does Japan have annual games? Honest question.

Annual games are most of launch titles in the west.

Winning eleven is one of those, but already miss next gen
Yakuza almost annual, new project coming
Musou series, Gundum games...

RalchAC

What are the most succesfull franchises in Japan for the PS3? Yakuza, Tales of, Final Fantasy and... Gundam?

It's a little weird. I'm not expecting much more for a PS4 launch than:

- Dinasty Warriors because every launch console has one.
- Ridge Racer.
- A Yakuza game.
- A Gundam game?
- A JRPG collaboration between SCEJ and Level-5.

I don't think DeSouls 2 will be before 2014.

No new Tales of if both teams worked un Tales of Xillia 2 because they will need at least 1.5 years. Maybe in 2014 por 2015. They will probably release at least one more gane in PS3.

TLG is a joke. Persona 5 will probably be a post-gen release like P4. FFXV won't happen until holiday 2014-2015. KH in 2016?

So earlier buyers will probably be western or Sony fans.

Finalizer

Hopefully, the general disappointment toward the Gamescom showing on Gaf has sufficiently blunted the hype train so that when this & TGS come, it wont cause the site to come crashing down again.

Who am I kidding?

There's some speculation that a Japan launch will be around December.

So what you're saying is, expect it some time in Feb-March.

klee123

lol, wasn't the only Japan-centric launch title Gundam: Target in Sight or something?

I shamelessly own that game...

Yeah, both were considered as really mediocre titles.

It's a damn shame too because Genji 1 on PS2 was actually quite good.

Coxy

I wonder if this is going to be like the 07 Playstation Premiere? That happened three days after an E3 for Sony that was heavily focused on western games. That event ended up being loaded with announcements. Valkyria Chronicles, Dynasty Warriors 6, MGO and Disgaea 3 were announced there. Along with updates on a bunch of previously announced games like FFXIII and MGS4.

Valkyria will sell me instantly, moneyhat it sony, moneyhat with all your might ;_;

I'm expecting Kamen Rider Musou and Gundam The Origin tie in game

Don't forget Level-5 Vision is also next week, so potentially something there as well.

they tend to only show self published stuff there though :(

Valkyria will sell me instantly, moneyhat it sony, moneyhat with all your might ;_;

I'm expecting Kamen Rider Musou and Gundam The Origin tie in game

they tend to only show self published stuff there though :(
You're in luck since they could self on os4

Elios83

Just saw the thread update, seems like it will be a full pre launch event with new games, price, release date.
I think there's a chance for mid December launch with 500k units for the month (2 weeks actually).

Logash

MS has yet to announce their plans for Asia, let alone Japan. It's probably the last thing on their 'to do list' if their actions are anything to go by.

I sort of feel like all of the energy they put into Japan last gen has been put into their effort in Europe this time around.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I sort of feel like all of the energy they put into Japan last gen has been put into their effort in Europe this time around.

In reality that's not a bad thing. They threw all that money at Japan and it amounted to nothing in the end.

Globox_82

Banned
Is this conference for investors or as one that we had at Gamescom and E3?

It will be boring either way I think. Probably a lot of speech in Japanese ( I know it's in Japan)

BadWolf

In reality that's not a bad thing. They threw all that money at Japan and it amounted to nothing in the end.

And Japan's love for handhelds over consoles is hard to argue at this point.

Launching a little later in the region also won't change much since the X1 will still be irrelevant and its not like the WiiU is making much of a statement.

Bullza2o

863951fa-s.jpg

Oh I meant worldwide Playstation Directs, not Vita Heavens.

I think this is nothing tbh. Probably release day for Japan and same lineup that we have over here...I mean same trailers.

Would they bother streaming it online if they were going to show the same stuff?
If the Japanese lineup offered the same as the west then they'd be better off delaying the release until next year while more suitable games are revealed.

Into

Before TGS is a tad odd, if they were launching next year in Japan, why hold a press conference just to say "oh yeah..next year!"? They could do that at TGS if the console was really coming out next year?

This makes me think they actually are launching in Japan this year, and want to get all that jazz out of the way, price, preorders, date and have TGS be just about games.

Before TGS is a tad odd, if they were launching next year in Japan, why hold a press conference just to say "oh yeah..next year!"? They could do that at TGS if the console was really coming out next year?

This makes me think they actually are launching in Japan this year, and want to get all that jazz out of the way, price, preorders, date and have TGS be just about games.

It makes you wonder just how many factories are churning out PS4's. They had to have planned on shattering launch manufacturing records.

Coxy

Does Sega even acknowledge Valkyria anymore?

Valkyria 3 was recently rereleased and characters from the series have been popping up all over the place in other games.

You're in luck since they could self on os4

They could but I dont think they can take the financial risk, pretty sure anything they're developing for PS4 would be a partnership with either sony or namco

Iacobellis

PlayStation 4.

Ridge Racer Type 4 is best Ridge Racer.

Next mainline console game would be Ridge Racer 8.

PS4 + RR Type 4 = Ridge Racer 8.

Ridge Racer 8 = 4 x 2 = double the awesomeness of Type 4.

Oh my god, fuck yes.

Imagine the intro being redone in 1080p, then you realize it is the same in-game graphics.

There are hardly any Japanese games at launch this time. It was seriously disappointing to see this for PS4 while Xbone did get Crimson Dragon.

Anyways, i hope the Japanese launch lineup is revealed in this conference along with a release date.

Top Bottom