• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

Damn, I'm impressed with the Nintendo has been able to sell the 3ds in the US despite the proliferation of the smart phone in the handheld history.
It seems people are just wanting specific software.

FATALITY

Banned
An October game and a February game seem like apples and oranges on a top 10...

jae.gif

impact

Banned
Dark Souls 2 did 1 mil in 3 weeks on two consoles with incredibly large install bases. BB is a new IP, though still very much a Souls game all things considered, launching on one console with a fraction of the number of 360 and PS3 consoles combined. Seems highly unlikely to me. I'll gladly eat my hat next month if I'm wrong.

Your userbase argument makes little sense when current gen platforms are getting much better SW sales than last gen platforms with a fraction of the userbase. See: CoD/GTA/DBZ/NBA sales in the OP.

Again I don't know what BB will sell but I find it strange that you're "sure as shit" that it won't hit 500k.

sense

Damn, I'm impressed with the Nintendo has been able to sell the 3ds in the US despite the proliferation of the smart phone in the handheld history.
It seems people are just wanting specific software.

to be honest i can bet that the majority of those sales are from existing 3ds owners upgrading to the newer version.

edit: then again there are people that buy the latest iphone every year so maybe it is ok lol

IvorB

In February 2015, fans spent an average of 74 hours on Xbox Live in the U.S. – three times the amount of hours the average user spends on social networks*.

Is that the best they could come up with?

medze

According to creams chart, my rough estimates are:

PS4: ~48.5%
XB1: ~38%
WiiU: ~13.5%

Therefore if XB1 is 276k like some are saying, PS4 would be 352k

Kacho

Your userbase argument makes little sense when current gen platforms are getting much better SW sales than last gen platforms with a fraction of the userbase. See: CoD/GTA/DBZ/NBA sales in the OP.

Again I don't know what BB will sell but I find it strange that you're "sure as shit" that it won't hit 500k.

Well I'm content with you finding it strange that I'm still sure as shit. We can revisit this next month.

Mikey Jr.

Are we absolutely sure its not

red=3DS

Blue= Playstation

Green=Xbox

I just ask because I suppose the colour scheme would work out that way.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Kirby did better than 50k, about equivalent to Japan's performance.

Not the best result but hopefully it'll have legs.

The Order..... about that.

Top Bottom